Mark's Postcard Paradise

A-Z - Disney's MAGIC KINGDOM 1970's-80's
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:12 pm

Well Shane this theme will be over for me this Sunday as I post my final nail in the coffin (hint hint) to the SCAREadise series for this year. I hope you all have enjoyed this special theme. I know I sure have! And by the way shouldn't you be in Mexico having cervezas by now Shane?

Scott I would love to see that Himalaya Bahn card. Please share with us. Much love to your thread too!

"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Postby montezooma » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:31 pm

Well I have loved the SCAREadise theme but it has "bled" me dry.

I will be in Las Vegas all next week for the World Waterpark Convention, then off to Mexico City for the weekend. So my posting of post cards my be scattered next week.

Here is a scary postcard...remember this ride???
eftling a.jpg
Scary on so many levels... oh damn, I didn't scan the back. Oh well it is from Eftling
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING
New Season, New Posts, New Logo...Old Stuff!

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby SeaWhippet » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:33 pm

OMG! WTF is that thing? It looks like something that crawled/fluttered out of Blazing Fury at Dollywood ... :lolr:

Postby thrillerman1 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:33 pm

LOL...that might be the scariest card of this series! If I remember correctly, it's a "fairy" from Droomvlucht (Dream Flight), one of the most messed up and in my opinion strange but fun dark rides ever. It even has a "coaster" section near the end. I bet Jeff Johnson counts it as a credit. Hi Jeff! ;)

Postby matteocrepaldi » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:15 am

Postcard from Gardaland: it's from 1993. You can see the old Magic Mountain's color and no Sequoia in the middle!
card_01_front.jpg
Front!
card_01_back.jpg
Back!

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Mr Stratosphere » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:24 am

^ That reminds me of the layout of the Canyon Blaster at the Adventuredome in Vegas. All it is missing is that extra helix at the end.
I gotta scrounge around for some postcards I have. But I am really enjoying this forum!

John

Postby thrillerman1 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:05 am

Where were you on Halloween weekend 2005? Well I had the good fortune to be a Six Flags season pass holder that year, which as it turned out was required to visit Six Flags AstroWorld on its final 2 days of operation ever before SF sent it to the grave. If you didn't have a season pass you were screwed, and SF would not let you in the gate. I guess it was a way to control the vast numbers of people coming to pay homage to their home park one last time. When I heard the news that the park was closing after Halloween weekend, I knew I had to get to Houston one more time as I had not visited AstroWorld since the 1980's. I had a really good time that weekend in 2005, and I still think it's a shame the park was ever laid to rest (Boo to Kieran Burke!).

Here's the Texas Cyclone in all it's "coffin" style train glory. Fortunately by the time I rode TC again, those Morgan trains had been replaced by PTC stock. I was able to catch the last public train of the night on it ever and have to say the SF maintenance guys really showed some love to this coaster over the years - much moreso than to its younger Georgia cousin in my opinion. It was still fairly smooth and a great ride! R.I.P. Texas Cyclone and AstroWorld.

Happy Halloween everybody!
Texas Cyclone Front_427x600.jpg
Coffins
Texas Cyclone Back_600x440.jpg
Thrills, Chills

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby restoca » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:57 am

thrillerman1 wrote:...Here's the Texas Cyclone in all it's "coffin" style train glory. Fortunately by the time I rode TC again, those Morgan trains had been replaced by PTC stock...

Although this would have made its demise even more tragic, I wish it were true. Actually, the park only removed the headrest part of the same old Morgan trains. Check the TPR photo gallery for the Texas Cyclone for examples, including a few photos of the last ride.

Nice card, btw. I had never seen that one.

Postby thrillerman1 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:21 am

Actually yeah now that you mention it, I do remember the cars having that Morgan feel inside them, so I stand corrected. I think it was the headrest removal that threw my memory off. Good call!

Matteocrepaldi...that's a cool Gardaland card. At first I totally thought it was a picture of a scaled model.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby restoca » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:35 am

Look familiar? Back on page 9 Shane posted a similar card, both from the park's debut year of 1992. It was known simply as Fiesta Texas until the Six Flags brand was attached in 1996.
rattler1.jpg
Cool logo. Pity about the ride.
rattler1b.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!