Photo TR - East Coast Tour 2008 - The C-Jay Perspective

Pre-Game to the Last Day! Knoebels P-10
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Fry » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:38 am

Oh, anyone else try out the flume? It was in a lake and they used the fishy smelling lake water in it. You can only imagine the pleasure of being splashed with it and having to smell it on you during the bus trip back to the hotel.

Just be glad you didn't get it in your mouth. Though, apart from that, I seem to recall using Luke as a human shield and avoiding much of the water, hehe.

Fun times. Baaddd park. Good update. Lol.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:50 am

philthephorce wrote:So, I'm not the only one who likes Herb Alpert...hehehe.

Good stuff, man!

Wow, I picked a good one! Honestly, without Homer Simpson singing it, I might never have discovered such a fine classic....(fellow band geeks unite?) haha

Ben, I could not imagine tasting that water....so sorry to hear that you had to experience it :)

I roomed with Tony and lived to tell about it!

Postby philthephorce » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:00 am

To tell you the truth, I wish more videos had music that was less, ummm, rocked out.

Day 9, Hershey Park!

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:15 pm

On to the sweetest place on earth, Hershey Park!

Just a great park. Clean and family-type attractions all around that really seemed to fit well into the park, including Fahrenheit. Although, the water park smack dab in the middle was somewhat awkward to navigate. The classic woodie was awesome and not to mention Wildcat and Lightning Racer ERT! Above all, for a chocoholic like me, I was in heaven.

A bit sad at that point of the trip, as of Hershey, only a few days left…

Highlights of the day:

-The chocolate! The Reese’s Pieces and Hershey bars walk around the park!
-Insane shoot the chutes ride…how massive was that splash?
-The water coaster…not riding, but spending a good hour firing water canons and geysers, it just felt awesome, especially when you get people wet from underneath, right under their rain ponchos..whoohoo!
-The chocolate
-Storm Runner!
-Witnessing Oliver’s obsession with Storm Runner to the point where we all could tell he would make sweet lurve to it if he could.
-The chocolate
-Crazy vertical Fahrenheit lift and that first loop!
-The chocolate
-Meeting some cool people who joined us for the day.
-The craziest of all TPR trivia days!
-Oh, did I mention the chocolate?

Enjoy the pics!
IMG_2011.JPG
Ok, for sure a chocolate lover's paradise!
IMG_2012.JPG
Our group was heading to ERT, nicely bypassing the massive crowd already lined up. It would really prove to be an insanely busy day.
IMG_2013.JPG
Ah Storm Runner ERT, what an awesome ride! Did I mention Olivier wanted to sleep with it? You might say..he liked it better than Khan :)
IMG_2014.JPG
Some happy Storm Runner riders! Here, "Newly Happy Storm Runner Riding Adam" approves.
IMG_2015.JPG
ERT rocks! I'll be honest, I was thinking about chowing down on some chocolate at that point..those walking chocolate bars best not have come close... lol
IMG_2017.JPG
Some new TPR members joining us for the day look excited to be with us?
IMG_2018.JPG
I think I can, I think I can....
IMG_2019.JPG
Yep, it can!
IMG_2020.JPG
Fehrenheit, definitely a lot of fun! That first hill is a doozy..
IMG_2021.JPG
One more go around...
IMG_2022.JPG
Chillin' with Cora and Chris. The park really was in great shape. This was just around from the bbq restaurant. Whatever they were cooking, it smelled amazing! I'm sure that these ducks had nothing to do with it...I don't think. :)
IMG_2023.JPG
Great Bear caught Robb! Not a bad ride at all, except for the slow wait.
IMG_2024.JPG
John has the right idea for dessert here. Obviously, just as good as the Dutch stuff!
IMG_2026.JPG
High on chocolate after lunch! Ready for more rides gang? :) Thanks for hanging out Cora and Chris!
IMG_2027.JPG
Looks innocent.
IMG_2029.JPG
Yah..uhm..sure...water anyone?
IMG_2030.JPG
A bit more Fahrenheit
IMG_2033.JPG
That's all folks! Another great day! It was insanely busy but I think we all managed to have a great day. ERT on the two GCI coasters was incredible, not to mention the GCI guys hung out with us on them!

Up next...Dorney.

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:30 pm

philthephorce wrote:To tell you the truth, I wish more videos had music that was less, ummm, rocked out.

I hear ya! Glad I could deliver! I love all music so it doesn't really matter to me as long as it fits. Personally, I always have a goal of finding music that is somewhat awkward and unique but still fits in. I'm thinking that it can be just as hard as picking the clips and pics for it.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:08 pm

I didn't think it was that crowded on that day at least compared to previous visits. I was there but not with TPR (couldn't get there by 8:00 or else I would have wanted join TPR for the day with that offer they had).

It was just the operations were horrible, 1 train on Storm Runner, 2 trains on Fahrenheit with no single rider line open, 1 train on Sooperdooperlooper, slow loading etc.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby HerBlackWings » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:10 pm

Was I flipping the birds, the bird? :lolr:

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby lil jimmy norton » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:25 pm

I love that BBQ place. You get some nice views of Storm Runner.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby KerryB » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:00 pm

^^That's what I was wondering!! (Wow, Christiana really must be ticked off at that bird)...but birds due tend to bother rodents, so I completely understand! ;)

I have to insert what I think is a funny Robb picture here...sorry to bogart your update Jason, is this way against the rules? This is from our first day/first park of the trip....Sesame Place. (I know the picture isn't exactly what it looks like at first glance, but pretty darn close!)
phpkVW8vfAM.jpg
Welcome to the ECT, now shut the he!! up and get in line for your tickets!!!

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:52 am

haha, Christiana, why is it that I never notice the interesting contortions your arms or hands do before you tell me? :lmao:

I think you were just feeding the birds? haha

Kerry, I have no particular rules so not to worry! That pic is too funny! Just don't show my boat video and/ or pics though, you can forward that stuff to me privately when you get a copy haha

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive