TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Ever Evolving Park Index

Being able to sort by park and have trips reports and videos on the same subject in ONE place is really useful and a time saver. I like how there are PTRs from different years. Gives a good history and contrast of a particular park.

Is there a way to include certain ride PoV's for a particular park (ie Hulk for IOA, etc.)? Or is that another can of worms?

There reason for asking is, most times I'm interested in a specific coaster and would hunt that by park. Sure, RCDB is an option, but they don't have PoV's.

To sum up, no gripes and this index is a great tool. Kudos to you all on a mammoth job.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you put in sections for rides or general park photos? It is nice to show what coasters a park has, but there are other things to do at a park.

For quite a few parks we have more than just roller coasters. The section is called "Roller Coaster and Ride Photos" and you can see at many parks we have added dark rides, flat rides, rapids rides, etc.

Here are a few examples:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/page.php?pageid=40

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/page.php?pageid=30

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/page.php?pageid=42

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/page.php?pageid=33

Have a look at those and see if that's what you're talking about.

Is there a way to include certain ride PoV's for a particular park (ie Hulk for IOA, etc.)? Or is that another can of worms?

For each park there is a section for "videos" which links you to all the videos we have available on TPR. So for example, if you were looking for a Hulk POV, you can just look at the Universal's Islands of Adventure page and scroll down to "videos"

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/page.php?pageid=369

--Robb

This is a great idea! I love how I feel like a true part of the TPR website when my pictures are actually on the site. But today, when I was trying to add a photo TR to a park, I went into the search mode to find it but I found this 'General Error' instead:

"Could not insert search results

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '804912688' for key 1

INSERT INTO forum_search_results (search_id, session_id, search_array) VALUES(804912688, 'b537b63248f2377a94c37b81b9dc06f5', 'a:7:{s:14:"search_results";s:68:"17130, 17999, 25025, 35318, 36179, 36457, 36522, 37781, 41484, 45071";s:17:"total_match_count";i:10;s:12:"split_search";a:2:{i:0;s:4:"wild";i:1;s:5:"waves";}s:7:"sort_by";i:0;s:8:"sort_dir";s:4:"DESC";s:12:"show_results";s:6:"topics";s:12:"return_chars";i:200;}')

Line : 703

File : search.php"

The search was working fine today until I tried uploading some photos, so I'm thinking it has something to do with the index but I could be wrong.

Thanks,

Odie.

Robb - I hope you don't mind if I jump in.

Remember everyone this is a work in progress. Over the past few days we realized many of the "New for 2008 coasters" were not populated in the database.

This has been resolved for any coasters where pictures reside within PTRs submitted by TPR members.

Thanks and enjoy

PowerPark location is wrong, in fact there are two different locations for one single park...

The park index page has it listed as:

PowerPark, Alaharma, Vaasa, Finland

Alahärmä is correct, Vaasa is wrong.

There actually is an amusement park in Vaasa, but that park is not PowerPark, it's Wasalandia.

^ Fixed.

The address I have from the park is:

Power Park/Lillbacka Powerco Oy

PL 5

62301 Härmä

Finland

Anyone notice anything else about the index? Comments, suggestions, errors, etc?

--Robb

• 1 month later...

If you mean the park in Federal Way, Washington, I did a Photo TR last summer, the link to the thread for it is here:

Gary's Washington PTR

It is in the third set of pictures I posted to the thread. I also have a few pictures from the Seattle Fun Forest in the second post I completed. I don't have the actually pictures from our hard drive available at the moment since I am at university computer lab, but if you guys can use them for the Wild Waves/Enchanted Village page, please do! I am always happy for TPR to use pictures I post here on the website!

-Gary T.

• 1 month later...

I did a Photo:TR back in August that has some photos in it that you guys are looking for from Wisconsin and Minnesota. It also has some photos of The Screaming Dragon from a park called Como Town in St.Paul, MN that isn't listed at all.

Here is a link to the TR. Hopefully this works for you. If you are not able to use the photos from the TR, let me know and I'll upload them through the Park Index.

Photo TR: 6 Parks in Wisconsin and Minnesota! August 2nd-5th

Here is another link that has photos of the Serpent at Kokomo's Family Fun Center in Saginaw, MI, which is also not listed in the Park Index.

I'm going to update this one tonight with photo's of the sign and the whole coaster. It did indeed open up on Halloween, and I was able to go ride it.

Serpent Roller Coaster at Kokomo's in Saginaw, Michigan.

MOD EDIT: thanks I used some of your Nick Universe photos and created the Como Page. We will get around to adding Kokomo's in the future. larrygator