TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Spooky World at Canobie Lake Park Starts October 3rd

Spooky World at Canobie Lake Park to Launch on October 3rd

SALEM, NH - Move over Salem, Massachusetts. With Spooky World at Canobie Lake Park set to open the first weekend in October, the “other Salem” - in New Hampshire - is vying for the title of spookiest place to visit in New England.

Spooky World at Canobie Lake Park brings together two leading area entertainment brands to create a unique Halloween-themed experience that will feature something for every age group to enjoy. Canobie Lake Park is currently open daily through Labor Day and will be open weekends in September. Then beginning October 3rd, the Park will undergo a transformation.

There will be seven brand new “haunted” attractions with scare ratings ranging from “five skulls” (such as The Crypt, the scariest) to “one skull,” which indicates attractions suitable for the entire family. In addition, many of the familiar Canobie rides, games and food stands will also be open.

“From the start, we wanted to create the best haunted experience around,” says Chris Nicoli, Canobie Lake Park's Marketing/Entertainment Manager. “So with the collective efforts of Spooky World, we knew we could deliver something totally unique as an affordable, gas-friendly, entertainment destination. Where else can you catch your breath from a haunted house with a ride on the Yankee Cannonball Roller Coaster?”

John Denley, President of Professor Nightmare and Producer of the well-known Spooky World attractions is bringing in a team of Hollywood effects artists and animatronics' consultants to create the ultimate Halloween adventure. “This is a perfect fit that we're describing as 'where fear meets fun.' But if you want to be scared to the max, we have some diabolical new “things” that go bump in the night in store for our audience. The Laboratory in Canobie's Dancehall Theater also uses a 3D effect that will knock your socks off!” says John.

Spooky World at Canobie Lake Park will be open every weekend in October, with rides open from 5PM to 10PM and haunts open until 11PM. Everything is included in one low admission price that will be $19.99 with a coupon from a participating retailer. Spooky World at Canobie Lake Park discount coupons will be available at participating locations throughout New England soon. For more information, complete pricing, hours and directions, visit canobie.com.

http://www.canobielake.com/

CLP-SW-Place.jpg.93e91e0d6a9356658bd8b8cfc502aaa3.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^Unfortunately, I never visited it when it was there. The bf tells me it was absolutely great though.

I have also been informed we will be visiting this current incarnation. (it's perfect, he gets haunts, I get coasters) Unfortunately it will not be on the weekend where we drive right by it to go to a wedding, so it looks like there will be two trips up to NH this fall.

This is very exciting! I used to go up to Spooky World's old location back in the 90's outside of Worcester. I heard a few years back they auctioned off alot of the "old" Spooky World's memorabilia...glad to see them back, and to top it off at a good park! It was like when the Haunted Graveyard moved form Lyman Orchards in CT to Lake Compounce, always more exciting at a park.

This sounds like an excellent idea. Canobie always seems to attract crowds so I'm sure the Halloween season will be no exception. Hopefully moose or someone else on the forums will be able to attend and let us know how it is.