TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR - East Coast Tour 2008 - The C-Jay Perspective

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-The announement of all announcements, the Superman Intamin wheel shall have dominion over all other prizes in the bag of mystery!

Although this move was not official sanctioned by Elissa Bingo headquarters, I do approve. Did anyone even get close to filling in all of their squares? There were a couple that would be really, really hard to get.

Disclaimer: Bag Of Mystery really not all that mysterious...

dt

Ok, what's the deal with everyone having horrid photos of me! In all seriousness, I'm having way too much fun in David's lap. Apparently I didn't fall cause um, I have my blanket on us.

Well, there are some brutal shots of us all I'm sure. Hmm..way to ruin it I didn't want to get you in trouble with anyone *cough, Eli, *cough (I'm just kidding around man!)

Oh Yeah Scott! What happened to that untimely accident that you were planning eh? I'm kinda disappointed! I had Guido on stand-by and everything! You really know how to ruin a guy's fun.

Again, we also relatively survived Roman Rapids, the little girls we rode with weren't as lucky, but they deserved it for asking if we drove from England and even worse, Australia!

You CAN'T be serious.... LOL

Disclaimer: Bag Of Mystery really not all that mysterious...

vv - MIGHT GET EDITED

I dunno... I did get a cock and a pussy out of it, so it has to be kind of mysterious. Hmmm... On-Line Chat Room or Bag of Mystery... *thinks*

The whip was fantastic! The others on the trip paled in comparison. (David and Eli, have you photo-shopped yet?) Once I get the photos from my first camera...grrr...(Thank you again Robb for helping me out with the images from the first few days!) I will be happy to post a video clip and/or photo of the C-Jay boat ride take-over.

Rye was a little scary, but I loved the setting. The waterfront was beautiful and they had some cool old rides. I even ran back and forth by myself a few times trying to keep our groups together and didn't get injured at all! (It was actually after Rye things took a turn for the worse for me!) How sad is it I didn't notice the theme park review greeting though! I'm so glad you got the picture. Great update yet again!

Oh Yeah Scott! What happened to that untimely accident that you were planning eh? I'm kinda disappointed! I had Guido on stand-by and everything! You really know how to ruin a guy's fun.

Sadly, I let you grow on me this year, so I completely forgot, but don't worry, there's always October, November, and maybe even next years trip! Be on the lookout.

Eric:

Never thought you'd wuss out on something like that? haha Just kidding man. Yah, I think the Whip and the Derby at Playland are worth the visit alone, along with the Boardwalk.

Scott:

I watched your car and just couldn't stop laughing along with Kerry. I was a bit jealous that ours wasn't doing the same.

Gary:

Thank you! I do hope that what happened was not done intentionally, as I don't think that it was. I say that because there were one or two others where it happened to on every Q-Bot occasion, which means that it wasn't you or your fault. I do hope that your time at Playland with all the craziness helped out as much as possible. Look at that day as a new beginning.

Dave:

I am so happy to hear that EB Headquarters keeps its finger on the pulse of what's going on in the field and adapts or adjusts accordingly. I'm not sure what ended up happening or if anyone did manage to fill out a complete card. Is there a thread dedicated to all Elissa Bingo efforts that perhaps shows off the best examples of the winning cards (photos, video/photos of the best soap carvings, sketches and interpretive dance segments)? That would be so funny. By the way, the not so mysterious bag of mystery was amazing!

Kerry:

The boat wasn't really all that thrilling apart from boarding it lol Will you go back with me to finish looking for Zoltar?

Jay aka A-Jay:

Thanks buddy! Definitely doing the best I can. Yah, and the avatar..mamma mia! I think I blushed after a double take lol Drew fell for it again this year huh?

Phil:

Definitely a new progressive definition of PG-13 lol

Eric:

Never thought you'd wuss out on something like that? haha Just kidding man. Yah, I think the Whip and the Derby at Playland are worth the visit alone, along with the Boardwalk.

It was a combination of my hatred of spinning rides and getting a little "car sick" on the way to the park. I decided it was best not to ride anything rough because we still had a long drive to go that night.

Dave:

I am so happy to hear that EB Headquarters keeps its finger on the pulse of what's going on in the field and adapts or adjusts accordingly. I'm not sure what ended up happening or if anyone did manage to fill out a complete card. Is there a thread dedicated to all Elissa Bingo efforts that perhaps shows off the best examples of the winning cards (photos, video/photos of the best soap carvings, sketches and interpretive dance segments)? That would be so funny. By the way, the not so mysterious bag of mystery was amazing!

There's no thread like that. Someone should start one if they have good pictures or something. One of my regrets on these trips is not having pictures of people with their winning prizes, since the prizes are so, um, "interesting". And I'm totally opening the game up for Interpretive Dances next year. Anyone that does enough different dances to get a Bingo certainly deserves a prize!

These PTRs are making me regret not signing up for this trip, even though a lot of it was somewhat local to me. I guess I should just sign up for all trips from now on, and then I'll never miss any fun...

dt

Kerry:

The boat wasn't really all that thrilling apart from boarding it lol Will you go back with me to finish looking for Zoltar?

You bet!! We can get a few rides in on the Whip...you can challenge the Double Shot again, and then let the Zoltar hunting commence!

(and I'm still going to post a picture!! Some day! )

And Dave, yes..you should just sign up for every trip! I was glad to get to finally meet you, although briefly. Next year, I'll try to be more of an Elissa Bingo contender. Interpretive dance could be scary fun!

Ask and ye shall receive! On to Day 4!

My apologies in advance, I really didn't take a lot of pictures as we were mainly there for the morning. Why? Well, the afternoon turned into downpours that would continue on throughout the night.

A few good things came from the rain:

-Re-ride after re-ride with our Gold Q-bots on the Dark Knight, to see if we missed anything the first time around...nope, not much. I still think it's a great family attraction. Whether or not it was worth the investment or worth the normal wait in line may change that perspective.

-Saw the 4-D movie, something that I'm sure we would have skipped otheriwse

-Left my poncho on the bus so bought a Six Flags poncho!

See, lots to do in the rain

In all seriousnous, this day truly showcased the dedication that Robb and Elissa put into the site and the trips. As this was a major park on the tirp with many credits, Robb and Elissa figured that the rain killed all chances of everyone experiencing all that the park had to offer. During our bus ride, the announcement came that an optional return to SFGA would be offered later in the week for those who chose to go. Return admission was provided by the park due to the rain, transportation was provided and Q-Bots at a discount. What more could you ask for?

IMG_1790.JPG.b5bec0a67a79deeb0fde65f7a4457018.JPG

One more. Who doesn't love animals?

So after that, it started to spit a bit. We cleared off Great American Scream Machine and headed to Medusa where the ride shut down. That was it for the day, for all rides, except the Dark Knight and the 4-D movie.

Regardless, it was a great morning . Stay tuned for Day 5!

IMG_1789.JPG.c5045375dc7ac27cd689d0c019457975.JPG

The Golden Kingdom - live theming

IMG_1788.JPG.da140341d7a162777cabf7c6de2cb242.JPG

Spectacular.

IMG_1787.JPG.854ee201188cfca656d033e132fb3317.JPG

The Dutchmen will fly again! But just in case they didn't, I held on to the Q-bot..barely lol

IMG_1786.JPG.6a5251e034041f40c370e61576e042a6.JPG

So, was it as scary as the first time? I personally still have major butterflies just before launch.

IMG_1785.JPG.54c8c04d781eeb258d643cfa70b33f50.JPG

As soon as ERT on Toro was done, we were walked to Kingda Ka for the first runs of the day! We had it to ourselves for one or two runs, depending on a front seat wait or not. It takes a bit for people to get back there at park opening.

IMG_1784.JPG.700fc357abe4cb0d69e26123bcc31579.JPG

A bygone ritual of a bygone era, the caressing of horns. Normally, this would provoke the bull into an intense and insane run. However...being Jahan and Dave, the bull was flattered and wasn't running as intense or as hard as usual during ERT so as not to upset its gentle caressers.

IMG_1780.JPG.970eb5d86e1b30ecc57d279525c11943.JPG

Match the quote to the character in the picture:

(a) Olivier

(b) Robb

(1) "Dude, that was totally freakin' awesome!"

(2) "Kahn, is much better".

IMG_1779.JPG.a2e394a99933589380df5f35a8432d4f.JPG

What better way to start a morning: ERT on El Toro!

Oh btw, Dark Knight was our first 30 min. ERT session..I almost forgot.

Front row: "Something flew off me...it's got to still be here somewhere. I'll make my group find it."

Sam "Dude, I'm so not sure what happened so I'm just going to sit here....motionless. Oh, no smiling. either"

Jay: "WEEEEEEEEEE, haha, that was fun!"

IMG_1778.JPG.000eb743a98b04b226a8999f54e69dd9.JPG

Well hey, if there's a profit to be had, why not? It seems tasteful enough as it focusses on the misunderstood crackhead as opposed to pimps and crackwhoores. Hmm...yah..no...I think it's a straight to internet download DVD.

IMG_1777.JPG.819495b968ad6b3b718f3cb66fb59391.JPG

Group business was abundant in the hotel. I don't think we ran into these people at all, which is a good or bad thing, depending on how you look at it.

^ ahahaha, No, I wouldn't say Khan is better, Jay... I'd just say Khan is the best steelie though ! I will remember the face you pulled on top of Kingda Ka when our Qbot flew out of your pocket forever ! I think this is the ride which removed my hair clip too, if I'm not mistaken. Sorry if I disfigured or blinded a back seat rider ! And You forgot to mention one thing about this day ! kind of advice to other TPR members... NEVER GO SHOPPING WITH OLIVIER !!! lol

^ ahahaha, No, I wouldn't say Khan is better, Jay... I'd just say Khan is the best steelie though ! I will remember your head on top of Kingda Ka when our Qbot flew out of your pocket for a very long time ! I think this is the ride which removed my hair clip too, if I'm not mistaken. And You forgot to mention one thing about this day ! kind of advice to other TPR members... NEVER GO SHOPPING WITH OLIVIER !!! lol

hahahaha....yah..thank goodness for belt clip on that Q-Bot!

I almost forgot, the rain allowed for a lot of time to wonder around and even shop! Olivier was on a mission to find a Kingda Ka shirt, even though..Khan is better Let's just say it was evident that Olivier's girlfriend picks everything out. Between determining the right style, logo, print, colour and size, I think he spent 30 minutes in the Ka gift shop while the rest of us where grinding our teeth. Then at check-out, he changed his mind. Then, when the lady at the cash said they had more in the back...that was it..add another 15 min. Needless so say by the end, we just added fuel to the fire and kept changing our not very important opinions about his latest choice lol.

^Hey ! Did it REALLY take 3 quarters of an hour ? Moreover, John and Selwyn really enjoyed confusing me ! And you know what ? I saw an even better shirt when I went back on the Saturday ! I guess we have to return to GAdv one of these days... Oh, wait... I have to cross the ocean for that

Toro was running the worst i ever felt it run during our ert! so im glad those of you went back and were able to ride the Toro that I adore! No other tour would do what Robb and Elissa do. they would have called at a wash and left it that way! Not R&E they made it so everyone could get their credits! Great stuff C-Jay

^ OMG! Toro was running excellent when we went back for part two. I just wished that the ride op didn't staple the hell out of me so I could have got some airtime. I'm surprised he didn't slap me afterwards.