TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Gotta love up close picture of magnetic brakes!

All B&M's after Silver Star have that magnetic mount right before the friction brakes.

I don't believe that is completely true. I know for a fact Hydra the Revenge at Dorney Park does not have magnetic brakes. I also believe the Superman Ultimate Flight's at SFGADV and SFGAM do not have magnetic brakes either. Hydra was built in 2005, the Superman Ultimate Flight's were built in 2003, and Silver Star was built in 2002.

I don't believe any of the B&M inverts have mag brakes, either.

I don't believe any of the B&M inverts have mag brakes, either.

Silver Bullet's got 'em. So does Patriot.

They're not on every new B&M, but the company has really started putting them on new coasters. I don't think Black Mamba has them.

It certainly takes up a lot less track length for the brake run, just look at Nitro for an example of a LONG B&M brake run, you could fit four trains on that thing.

I'm still not used to how high up and steep it is, but it's a more efficient use of space.

Most/all of the huge yellow lift supports are on site now in the staging area behind SOB, so things should be getting very interesting here soon.

Another B & M hyper, Cedar Fair becoming the new Six Flags is way in the past tense now. Have they outlawed Inatmin ejector airtime in the USA?

I think they just completed their multi-ride contract and have started another.

Chain parks don't just buy 1 coaster at a time...

-James Dillaman

I just love watching construction of new roller coasters. It's so exciting to imagine what the real thing will look like in person. Great update!

I'm the same way. I love taking pics of contruction then looking back when the ride is built and being like I remember when this wasn't even built yet!

Hey I was there yesterday on monday:)

On the train ride you can see a lot of the land they have cleared for the ride. Im sure the pictures online would be pretty useless, however being from california, 'cleared land' is something you dont always see when a new ride is being built! You know, cuz the land is clear anyway. Ok Im gonna go now, bye!

chris.

I tuned into the cam and it showed the brakes AND what look like most of the station track all in place and then the view changed really quick to a view of the splashdown. Guess it's off now?

Hopefully this hasn't been mentioned before. Sorry if it has.

I'm not sure how long you guys are watching the web cam, but it changes positions about every minute.

It's cycling through like 3 or 4 positions.

I tuned into the cam and it showed the brakes AND what look like most of the station track all in place and then the view changed really quick to a view of the splashdown. Guess it's off now?

Hopefully this hasn't been mentioned before. Sorry if it has.

I'm not sure how long you guys are watching the web cam, but it changes positions about every minute.

It's cycling through like 3 or 4 positions.

Well, the splashdown is going to be...well, I'm just going to need to see how it's going to go up. It looks like it will be very short because the coaster is going to go OVER a major pathway. It needs some clearance! And then it needs to jump back up 40ft into the brake run. I really just need to see how this is going to unfold.

-JZ