TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR Lake Compounce

Yesterday, August 19th, my friend Jenna and I took our first trip to Lake Compounce. Boulder Dash was running a little slow in the morning, so my two morning rides did not live up to the hype I've been hearing. Later on in the day, man did that ride deliver. My number one wooden coaster is still Ravine Flyer II without a doubt, but after my evening rides on Boulder Dash, I can safely say that it is tied right now with El Toro for my number two wooden coaster. Here's a quick list of what we rode:

Boulder Dash x5

Wildcat x2

Zoomerang x2

Down Time x1

Thunder N' Lightning x2

American Flyers x1

Wave Swinger x2

Rotor x2

Saw Mill Plunge x1

Ferris Wheel x1

Ghost Hunt x2

Twister x1

Enterprise x1

Sky Ride x1

We were the first ones in the station, even before the ride ops!

Here I am all ready to ride Boulder Dash for my first time.

Some of the new bracing that was added this past off-season.

No love for the green train today.

Noted!

This enterprise was really intense. Once the ride starts, you basically do two rotations or so before the ride starts to move into its vertical position, making the cars swing A LOT. (Notice the cars in all different positions)

Sweet setting for a pirate ship ride.

This shooting dark ride was actually really fun - fun enough to get me on it twice!

Skyha… I mean Thunder N’ Lightning

Here is a little bit of themeing for Thunder N” Lightning. When we first came across this, I actually thought there was a real person inside providing weather status for the park.

Jenna was really happy that the soft drinks were FREE!

Rotor! I was the youngest one on the ride both times I rode it.

Here is a close up of me before I knew the floor was going to drop about 3 feet, opposed to 3 inches like the one I rode at Great Adventure when I was younger.

The main reason we came here.

Wildcat was actually so smooth that it surprised me.

Cool picture of Down Time.

Dummy party!

Nice setting for the water park section.

Here I am getting a drink. Did I mention they are FREE!?

I will leave you with a few more pictures of Boulder Dash.

I wonder why they call it BOULDER Dash…

This shot courtesy of Jenna.

Thanks for reading!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boulder Dash, Ravine Flyer 2, and El Toro are also in my top 5 woodie list. Boy, wasn't the Behemoth trip a blast? I am glad you had some really good rides on Boulder Dash in the afternoon as it has been running really well this season, especially after the retracking. By chance was the sky lift working while you were there?

Those dummys really need to get back to work..they're getting paid to much!

Boulder dash is a credit I've been looking forward to for a while, and have yet to get to it.

Hopefully it's as good as everybody says!

Ohh, and classic rotor credit! Don't see those to often!

(well, it's sorta like airtime!..)

This enterprise was really intense. Once the ride starts, you basically do two rotations or so before the ride starts to move into its vertical position, making the cars swing A LOT. (Notice the cars in all different positions)

Enterprise <3, wooooo! That ride turned me into an Enterprise enthusiast...

Man I love Lake Compounce...definitely my favorite park. I think it's just awesome how you can swim in the natural lake, ride two great wooden coasters, ride awesome flat rides, eat good food for decent prices, and get a great view of a mountain all in the same park.

Dash owns Ravine Flyer in my mind. Ravine Flyer is already rougher than Dash (IMO) after a few months. The airtime on that tripple up and pretty much the entire second half is out of this world.

El Toro is my number 1 and having rode Boulder Dash for the first time this past year it has taken my number 2 spot. Doing Ravine Flyer II and Silver Comet in the same trip it was very hard to rank those coasters afterwards. Phoenix is my #3 with Silver Comet #4 and Ravine Flyer II to finish my Top 5.

With the blurred Rotor shot you look like Michael Cera of Arrested Development/Superbad/Juno. Hi Jenna. You're so happy for the Pepsi.

I'm really glad to hear that Boulder Dash is being maintained well over the years. I don't remember what summer I went there, but BD was fairly new and free drinks were the "new attraction" that year which I thought was a brilliant idea (even though I think Holiday World had already been doing it). Wish it would have caught on at more places. Glad you had a cool trip.