TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR "East Coast/Behemoth Trip" Update

Just wondering how everyone's Hersheypark trip was?

I also made a trip to Dutchy while i was there, without our ERT the lines were insane, Sooperdooperlooper looked like it was 3 hours! I must agree Lightning Racer ERT was awsome. I feel bad for those employees at Wildcat i don't know if anyone was there.

That ERT affected my voice so bad, i couldn't speak too well the next day after yelling at the opposing train (which I later became a traitor and switched to Thunder) I just wish more people would've moved to Thunder to make it more or a race, we lost by a whole train length. I really hate that the night ended, that hour of ERT didn't seem to last long at all.

Thanks again for one of the best days EVER, although the drive home was horrible.. barely able to stay awake.

Hmm...I went on a Monday and got there around 12 pm, went to the Chocolate Factory, ate lunch, then started the rides at around 1/1:30. We were able to finish almost everything by 5 pm, which was insane. Storm Runner had around a 15 min. wait at 2pm. SooperDooperLooper and Great Bear waited until evening since there was a storm that shut everything down for an hour. Longest lines were Comet and Great Bear which were around 40 mins. each. I had a night ride on Fahrenheit as for the last ride of the day.

And yeah, LR makes me sad that Lightning wins almost every time. I saw at least 7 trains come back before I got on (we were coordinating getting on the same train with friends) and Lightning won every single time .

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an amazing trip! It definitely was a pleasure meeting everyone. Party bus Studio 54 aka Short and Stubby....the best! Definitely one of the most unique (but amazing) groups of people I've spent long hours in close quarters with. The past two weeks have truly been a memorable experience.

For those who helped bring out the awesomeness and coolness of the Prius during the pre-game...thanks!

Luko, I can't believe it but I think I actually beat you to checking out the site today! Thanks for being a great roomie man.

Just in the airport waiting for my flight home. I think the longest line I waited in is the Dunkin' Donuts today at the airport. That really speaks to how amazing ERT was on this trip!

Robb and Elissa, great meeting you both and thank you for all of the evident hard work and long hours that you put into this trip to ensure its success.

Hope everyone has a safe trip home and looking forward to another trip, hopefully next year.

Cheers,

J

^Jay! Dude, you are totally awesome! I'm glad we rocked the pregame and didn't have to worry about the total rain-out at SFGAd. I had a fantastic time. I think I'm the only person left at the airport hotel.

Here's to Fay not canceling my flight today!

Edit: Oh and the award ceremony totally rocked!

Hey everyone this was my first time at a TPR event I only did the one day at Canadas Wonderland and I had a grate time. Id like to thank Rob and Elissa and everyone for put this together. It was good to meet all of you. I hope to get to one of the euro trips some day.

Thanks.

Carmine.

Just wondering how everyone's Hersheypark trip was?

I thought Hersheypark was pretty good, but I was really hitting one of those TPR trip "walls" on that day. We had a 16 hour day at the park with bookend ERT sessions which were both great. Evening ERT on Lightning Racer ended up being one of the top moments for me on the trip. Overall, the park seemed to be very crowded and really became the first real day of having to wait for long queues on the entire East Coast Trip. (Which is amazing since it was Day 9!)

Stacey and I only got to be there for Coney, Lake Compounce and part of Rye but what a great time! The trips are so well done and organized and it really looked like everyone was having an amazing time. It makes me hope that we eventually can do a full trip - I'm sure it will exceed our expectations... BIG TIME.

I made it home today just in time for a nice tropical storm to come through. I'm holding out hope that I don't have to go back to work tomorrow.

The trip was completely and utterly amazing! I have to profoundly thank Robb and Elissa for yet another fantastic trip. I look forward to watching the photo trip reports pop up.

It was amazing seeing old friends again and making some new friends as well!! I am completely addicted to the TPR trip experience!!

^OMG!!! Jill Knoebel is a TPR member too!!! I just thought I was lucky to actually meet her at the park! Now I find out she's one of us!!! LOL!! Joking aside, Kim, thanks for being a great and patient roomie!! Your the best! Stay safe and I hope Fay doesn't stir up too much trouble for you...other than maybe an extra day off work!

I'm home now and seriously miss the craziness and fun especially of the Studio 54 bus. (We rock!!!) Thanks to everyone that made me feel completely welcome as a newbie. This was absolutely the best vacation of my life and I plan on screaming and dancing my way through another trip next year. Robb and Elissa, you are awesome!

Now, I'm going to go frame my award (proud to be a ho!!) and cry a little as I wait for more pictures to post!!

Love Ya! Mean it!! Now, say my name!!!!!

(Did everyone hear that...that was Drew crying a little in the corner...)

I made it home today just in time for a nice tropical storm to come through. I'm holding out hope that I don't have to go back to work tomorrow.

The trip was completely and utterly amazing! I have to profoundly thank Robb and Elissa for yet another fantastic trip. I look forward to watching the photo trip reports pop up.

It was amazing seeing old friends again and making some new friends as well!! I am completely addicted to the TPR trip experience!!

Everything is cancelled for me today! I love hurricanes though. They're fun. It's time to start a hurricane party now. WOOO!

I'll just say what I said in the special trip forum:

Awesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesome.

Best 2 weeks of my life, end of.

Just so many memorable moments- Some good, and some not so good, but all in all, fantastic.

I have to do a trip next year, but I'll have to magic up some money from somewhere first. West Coast sounds good.

I've been stuffing my face with all things sweet and sugary today, to make up for the "food" that you eat in the USA.

Oh well... Time to get confused and not have a clue what people's screen names are.

^

Now, I'm going to go frame my award (proud to be a ho!!) and cry a little as I wait for more pictures to post!!

Love Ya! Mean it!! Now, say my name!!!!!

(Did everyone hear that...that was Drew crying a little in the corner...)

YOU...FREAKIN...ROCK!!! Can't wait to see you guys next year, and Hot Jason (you know who you are,) you need to come to the West Coast next year so the Studio 54 bus can roll on.....

^Jay! Dude, you are totally awesome! I'm glad we rocked the pregame

Thanks Scott! Same to you and Jenn of course!

David and Kerry, way too funny! I have to say, I can’t imagine Coney Island without you both and the rest of the crew that night (Eli, Kim, Gary et al) We were an awesome sideshow audience and I’m still of the belief that we should be paid to attend them. BTW, do you still have those scary photo booth pics?

WHAT A BLAST !!! Had a whale of a time, folks. Gosh how great this trip has been... If only I hadn't received a phone call from mum yesterday before I left the hotel, saying my granddad had just passed away, it would have been perfect. Indeed, double pain for me on the 18th: the loss of my last grandparent and the fact I had to leave my newfound friends till next trip. Elissa and Robb Santa Claus Alvey, Thanks for the unbelievable amount of work you've put in for everybody's satisfaction. Vanja, it was cool to room with you, you're the most reliable alarm clock on earth. Hope you had fun exploding your coaster counter ! See you at one of my gigs in Flanders soon! Jay "used to be long haired but has just cut it" Hill , thanks for the organisation of the pregame which made me feel more comfortable, as I was a newbie. Canadian Jay flatride dude, you rock. Had so much fun hangin' out with you, b*tch ! John Miller, let's ride some Schwarzkopfs together again ! And to the 2 flyin' Dutchmen (Selwyn and John), good to meet you. Can't wait to ride some stuff one of these days in Belgium or Holland. Can't wait to see lots of others, Kerry, David and Eli , Nick, Wagner and Stefany kiddie credit whores, Bas, Drew, Chris and Darren, Taylor,And my final thoughts go to Nana... Thanks for ... well, where should I start ? No need to write any further, dudette, you know the soft spot you occupy in my heart already... in a nutshell: BEST VACATION EVER. 2009, Beat That !

Too much to say!!! David, I went to sleep last night to the Transformers. Optimus Prime has absolutely nothing on you! I'm going to miss your hugs a ton...(and how do you like the new avatar!! Again, my Mama is so proud!!) Mike, I'm glad to hear that we may have won you over to the TPR side! Just bring along some survival British snacks next year...Eli, you are awesome! I absolutely loved it when we could get you laughing until you were out of control! I cannot wait to hang out with you again!

Gary, thanks for hanging out in the airport with me during my delay. It was very nice to have a familiar face to wave good-bye too, but very sad to go! Take care GarBear!!! Scott and Cora, thanks for my fantastic award! It was really fun explaining it to my Dad...I still don't think he really gets it yet....that makes it even more fun!

Olivier, you are such a phenomenal person. I'm very sorry to hear about your Granddad. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts as you work through this loss. It was hard for us all to separate, but at least now you know you have friends around the world that are thinking of you in times like this. I really enjoyed riding some crazy flats with you (hamster wheel anyone!) and getting to know you in general. Take care and give those adorable kids a hug from me!

And Hot Jason...yes, I believe the entire Studio 54 bus would probably refer to you as Hot Jason! You are also an incredible and patient fellow. I came home to the strangest message though....apparently your little friend from the sideshow is looking for you...I'm including a photo to help you remember!!! (This does not mean that A-Jay is any less hot...your smokin'!!! And you rock as well!! I'm really going to try to head up Jersey way sometime to hang out with you!!)

I love you all!!! (well except for one nameless Aussie...I still need to whack a mole with his face on it!!!) I hope to see as many of you as possible on a future TPR trip if not earlier!!! (TPR take-over of any destination anyone...movie theater, laundromat, you name it!) And for any of you remotely considering a TPR trip...get off your arse and do it! You will not regret it in the least!

KerryB

insectavora.jpg.bc9a3f6a67e8f766e75544884f0767a7.jpg

Insectavora...one of many CJay stalkers!!

Now that we are back home, updates will be coming much quicker!

Day 4, Part 1 - Marineland

Some photos by Robb, Hanno, Dan, Natalie, and other random awesome people!

marineland10.jpg.64883a5b23b983857d05efc5822a4a11.jpg

So that was Marineland! It was a great day there.

Next stop...Waldameer Park!!!

marineland45.jpg.9213387edb7c703fdbcade1028c135c0.jpg

Of course with police officer Rich nearby the donut was confiscated as "evidence" and never seen again...

marineland44.jpg.d78f8988c1abb9e59e794f05ab856a46.jpg

Mickey won an indoor BBQ grill, a death music CD, and a donut.

marineland41.jpg.8ceb37e3058f6793df5794c9574a518b.jpg

Newly Gay Adam won a Dave Death CD and some fluffy thing that will live happily with Adam's new gayness.

marineland43.jpg.1526d0e0602fe7988b19cb09a1a4c320.jpg

Brad won the teeth of the guy who rang up all the stuff at the Dollar Store.

marineland42.jpg.c5a3eb2c8d4d0f0216e526117610c989.jpg

Erik won an unidentifiable animal and a CD of Dave's scary music.

marineland40.jpg.c67dd7a74c25d03c804a079e50d32225.jpg

Bethany won a spatula....since being a woman she should be in the kitchen cooking up pancakes for us men.

marineland39.thumb.jpg.1e20528cba1e94b881ed5284418e0b5f.jpg

TPDave and Natalie were our first winners so Dave got a sexy blue hat and Natalie got screwed...well, track screws from Silver Comet, that is!

marineland01.jpg.57d885be1c5c4e63d4ef228c246d1444.jpg

On the bus ride we gave out the Elissa Bingo prizes which are better than any other TPR "bag-o-crap" as most of them come from the Dollar Store!

marineland23.jpg.a997c7894c5112c6ef31791ea0228010.jpg

This is Dan's worst nightmare!

marineland74.jpg.d0e9b504ec6b3cbc0b3c07d13c813251.jpg

On the way to the Canadian Border we went right past Niagara Falls.

marineland72.jpg.9bdacbc6359196993ee2b5070d53eb5e.jpg

Which one is the TPR bus? You decide!

marineland73.thumb.jpg.408037fd5b114801cfda32346b5583f1.jpg

The re-entry hand stamp said "Juno." Somehow, they must have known!

marineland59.jpg.c1b253f4fe87509c505a44a7ea3b417e.jpg

"Pop"

marineland58.jpg.790a084cbed4c5769ef8328eaecf31b9.jpg

Yes, we are all credit whores.

marineland37.jpg.4ea526698b3bc5cda90a593340331f6d.jpg

Yay! A KidTums sized ride.

marineland75.jpg.06bf3e4c82c19ddc954e0c32b93af067.jpg

Nooooo! Do not eat our trip participants!!!!

marineland76.jpg.0f7c59295ceb1f20e528e6e9d35d11f1.jpg

I thought we were done with the bear exhibit...oh wait, that's Robb.

marineland70.jpg.e9481a8b3583b779f17a6ffeecc2aa4f.jpg

"Do you think they'll let us ride up on the maintenance car?"

marineland64.jpg.48ec918c04ab583e96ef2e3f99d37315.jpg

TPR's patented "crotch cam!"

marineland19.jpg.9f8435428253fdb7a31e91762a6593e8.jpg

Did we mention the view from the top kicked ass?

marineland69.jpg.bbf993b1a3f692eaa08fe84c56ada665.jpg

They gave us ERT in "elevator mode" so all us camera dorks could get some shots of the awesome views.

marineland66.jpg.1f3a911d006b8f9a956108c73e1a1d29.jpg

This is the BEST way to see the falls!

marineland36.jpg.7f0ff42b7504b4b4b1c6adb69689dbc9.jpg

Whatever you do...don't look down.

marineland03.thumb.jpg.24c5ee9e5a73e507e3da1a6f8ea1f144.jpg

Sky Screamer is an S&S Combo Tower and not only can you see Niagara Falls from the top, but you get an awesome workout climbing to the top of the hill to ride it.

marineland35.jpg.584d49215681b9e9b34c03e6f0299185.jpg

NERD!!!!

marineland17.jpg.8626c19ad049144d3a652444483db527.jpg

Why so serious?

marineland34.jpg.f6a3fb1409c97d8616c1f0be0f021759.jpg

KidTums gets a credit!

marineland56.jpg.aa5c95860128286eb92e39bc10437c19.jpg

"Screw the Waffle Cone, throw us that kid instead!"

marineland55.jpg.0abba37b85f79894204c1bc2e709d8a0.jpg

"Hey KidTums, do you want to feed them a waffle cone?"

marineland57.jpg.ecd9e475f896f4dde1a92dcf3326d359.jpg

It was time for us to go check out the bears.

marineland14.jpg.d8f7c72b838c34746e258d7ef5b6a8a7.jpg

Halfway between bored and fun. It's a bit more exciting for kids, really.

marineland13.jpg.47ff250f5cdc28eb89fe1c4e13552bfe.jpg

After Dragon Mountain we headed over to the Topple Tower. These rides have always been more fun as a spectator than to ride for some reason.

marineland22.jpg.ba5e063c666ba9fcceac41fc5921a26c.jpg

This Canadian insect may look harmless but he's packing a .40 caliber with a license to KILL!

marineland54.thumb.jpg.4d7f11125e093ab35192f1fa0e1e23d8.jpg

In order to get photos we were wading through shrubs and bushes that were about 4 feet tall complete with snakes and other random Candian insects.

marineland18.jpg.323db0e20ffde348bcd1a5deba4dedc7.jpg

It's crazy the way the whole ride is buried within the woods.

marineland32.jpg.bced9a62e53309dd91213eb1b627c9f9.jpg

Arrowfanman looks VERY satisfied!

marineland51.jpg.61f9545baa01dbaeee2b5920cbd2c530.jpg

Still have the waterfall section left to go....

marineland30.jpg.af6c5e406bad5014731e721719f2f8e4.jpg

They finally built the mountain section...it came about 20 years after the ride, but who's counting?

marineland28.jpg.407435068db198fab80d23f3fb3ccb5a.jpg

Loop-De-Loop....Canadian Style!!!!

marineland25.jpg.a92eb860cd0deedb821a3bd45c0678a7.jpg

"I'm CRAAAAAZY Arrow Dragon Train....give me some beavers!"

marineland26.jpg.928df4ff6eed851d55157d99a2cf6209.jpg

We kind of thought these were like sex toys for Jahan.

marineland24.jpg.eb4e3ba96be60e6122fa2a32de6b1608.jpg

They let us tour the backstage area where they were prepping a train for next season.

marineland48.jpg.58e432f763c846dabdfd475a31858761.jpg

Dragon Mountain literally is in the mountain! It goes through the trees, through Joey's troll house, and then finally down the first drop.

marineland06.thumb.jpg.da261fe3dd8a3e1c87fb36f058d62ebf.jpg

And that group of victims would be us!

marineland05.jpg.30c79a93f99b8b7190d6e1c03dc703ae.jpg

There it is...the Arrow train sitting in the creepy cave just waiting to eat it's next group of victims.

marineland08.jpg.8af21372328c82ed8adccfe70df793df.jpg

We started our day off with some ERT on Dragon Mountain.

marineland46.jpg.d9b7a1098f79475de5b57feb0b8561a5.jpg

We all arrived at Marineland and there was much rejoicing.

I came home to the strangest message though....apparently your little friend from the sideshow is looking for you...I'm including a photo to help you remember!!!

Kerry, you did not just find Angelica aka the Queen of Kerosene aka Insectavora online! I have never smiled so much remembering how our "discreet" exit from the sideshow theater ended. Thank you for that great memory and somewhat pleasant surprise now that I'm home from work after a long day. I'm still iffy about those tatoos though...

Olivier, my thoughts are with you and your family. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. As Kerry said, you have many folks on this side of the Atlantic supporting you.

-Jay