TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Day For Busch Gardens Tampa?

Okay, so I'm going to be in Florida from July 21 to July 27 and i plan on going to BGT. I want to know what the best day of the week and time of day it would be to ge the least amount of crowds and have the most rides open. This will probably be my only visit for a while seeing a I live in New Jesrey. If theres anything else i should know that would be great! Thanks!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you are going in the middle of summer you will encounter summer crowds. I highly recommend that you get to the park before opening so you can round up the coaster credits early in the day. Even in the summer you will be able to ride the coasters quite a few times during the day. Its always better to go on a weekeday if possible.

Tuesday through thursday are the lighter days. Rain is usually in the afternoons. Go at park opening time, buy ticket online saves on an extra line. Montu and Gwazi operate at park open. The rest of the park opens 30 minutes after the park opens because the park is roped off just past Gwazi and just before Rino Rally. Best to hit Gwazi first as it has very slow load operations and the lines can get very long. Most ride Q's operate fast. Have fun.

One trick I always use when going to a park during the summer is to find out what the big 'day camp trip days' are.

Basically there are giant camps around the areas. They always have designated trip days...most of the time they all share the same day.

For example at a park that I know a lot about that shall remain nameless...you would be better off going Mon, Tues, or Thurs as Wednesdays are a GIANT camp day.

Also, like others have said, ALWAYS get there early!

I went in early July on a thursday last year, and it was fairly crowded due to school functions/conventions (I was with one). I waited 15 min for Gwazi, 25 min for Kumba, 20 min for Montu, and 45 min for Sheikra. Despite the crowds, the lines move pretty fast.

I typically visit the parks on Sundays during various times of the year, and can get all the coasters done in the first 2 hours the parks open with multiple rerides. On a weekday you'll have more than enough time to do everything if you arrive early.

Hey! I am glad you are planning on coming down here! You will love the park! You said that you plan on coming around July 21 to July 27! The summer is always busy so expect longer than normal lines. Most of the camp/class trips are over with by the end May or beginning of June so you don't have to worry to much about that. The only day that is usually not very busy is Wednesday. Again it is the summer so it is still going to be busy, but not nearly as bad as a weekend. On a Wednesday you will have to wait about 15-30 minutes for SheiKra when on any other day you will have to wait 45 minutes up to an hour and a half. So your best bet will be to go on Wednesday July 23! Good luck with your trip planning and I can not wait to see a trip report

~Matthew

Hey guys, i am also going to florida but i will be there from 24th april - 9th may, this will be my 4th time in florida and i was just wondering what will the crowds be like at parks like busch gardens sea world universal and disney, are there a lot of long ques ?

^You should be fine with Universal, Seaworld, and Busch, as spring break is done by then. Last year when I visited all four parks in late April, the longest I waited for any of the coaster was maybe 10-15 mins and that was for the front. If I remember correctly, Kraken and JTA were walk-ons all day. While Kumba, SheiKra, and Montu were only one to two train waits. If you get to Universal early, everything should be walk-on in the morning, with minimum waits the rest of the day.

As for Disney, there will probably be a few more people, but it's still one of the better times of the year to go.

^You should be fine with Universal, Seaworld, and Busch, as spring break is done by then. Last year when I visited all four parks in late April, the longest I waited for any of the coaster was maybe 10-15 mins and that was for the front. If I remember correctly, Kraken and JTA were walk-ons all day. While Kumba, SheiKra, and Montu were only one to two train waits. If you get to Universal early, everything should be walk-on in the morning, with minimum waits the rest of the day.

As for Disney, there will probably be a few more people, but it's still one of the better times of the year to go.

chrz mate, thats good news to hear then lol

i saw the screamscape site and they reckon the simpsons ride will open 15th - 17th may, any chance of a soft opening late april ? fingers crossed ...

anyway chrz again mate