TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2008 Six Flags Souvenir Cup Policy

Do you agree with Six Flags new requirement of allowing $.99 refills on the current year cup only?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with Six Flags new requirement of allowing $.99 refills on the current year cup only?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

^ The refills add up quick? Once again, how much soda are you people drinking? And how much do you need to drink?

^^^ It was a nice gesture? I don't think it was a nice gesture as it was more of an overlook by old management. And I'm sure they aren't forgiving people with anything. It is a policy that should have been implimented much earlier.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even at 1 soda a day, at 20 trips a season, the $1.98 refills at Dorney are $20 more than the $0.99 refills at SF.

I usually have 1 - 2 sodas a day on average when I am not at a park. I drink diet soda (I know that has bad stuff in it as well).

See I have never been to the same park more then twice in a season. I would rather see 20 different parks, then the same park 20 times. To me the cups are just not that good of deal, and I would hate to carry those big things around all day, paying locker fees, putting them in bins, etc.

I myself don't spend the money on souvenir cups as they would just clutter a cabinet.

I think it is kind unsanitary to let someone use a cup they have had for a couple of years or more old. Yuck. Some people are just not as clean as other people. SERIOUSLY!

^^ I get your point about seeing other parks Rich, but there are some that just can't do it either because of age, money, lack of transportation etc. So getting something like a refillable cup is probably a good choice for them. I just don't get why they have to refill it so much.

^^ I get your point about seeing other parks Rich, but there are some that just can't do it either because of age, money, lack of transportation etc. So getting something like a refillable cup is probably a good choice for them. I just don't get why they have to refill it so much.

That was really more of my opinion on why I don't think their a good deal. Sorry if it came off as criticism for those who do massive revisits. My bad.

^Refillable cups are better for the environment...

But the wasting of toilet water due to the amount of times one goes to the bathroom after drinking 10 gallons of soda isn’t so good for the environment.

I never said that the concept of refillable cups is a bad thing. I think it is great as I am an advocate of recycling and doing good for the environment. I just don't get why people drink so much of the stuff.

As I stated before I like the change, even though in the past I have carried around one of my 3 refillable cup (bought over the past 5 years) throughout the season to various SF parks.

As to why people drink so much of these beverages. Personally, I used to get one refill a day. However, due to dehydration problems I started experiencing last year I began getting two refills each day (usually Lemonade) last season.

Living in New York Cty, I am accustomed to the greatest tap water in the world and don't like the taste of tap water outside of New York City. Especially, when New Jersey tap water is the choice at SFGAdv.

If there was a Six Flags on the moon I would probably pack light and not bring my souvenir cup on the trip.

I'm kinda mixed on this. On the one hand, the cup is by far the most expennsive part of a soda you buy at the park (since the actual drink is virtually free for Six Flags). On the other hand, who would expect to be able to use the same cup from year to year.

Not that it matters to me -- I avoid soda and cups of water are always free.

I was wondering how long it was going to take for SF to put this into effect. I usually buy a new one every year anyway, however sometimes a cup from the previous year might be the first thing I grab out of the cabinet on my way out the door to the park. I don't drink a huge amount of coke at the park, I usually just fill it with water and lots of ice, especially during the summer in this REALLY HOT state of Texas.

• 5 years later...
^Refillable cups are better for the environment...

But the wasting of toilet water due to the amount of times one goes to the bathroom after drinking 10 gallons of soda isn’t so good for the environment.

I never said that the concept of refillable cups is a bad thing. I think it is great as I am an advocate of recycling and doing good for the environment. I just don't get why people drink so much of the stuff.

FYI : You can get free ice water refills in the same cup...it doesn't have to be soda. Just sayin' because I agree one soda is really enough for me also.

We could retitle the thread "What od you think about Six Flags' old souvenir cup policy?"

There's nothing really wrong with bumping an old thread from time to time--although this one was an odd choice.

We could retitle the thread "What od you think about Six Flags' old souvenir cup policy?"

There's nothing really wrong with bumping an old thread from time to time--although this one was an odd choice.

I was about to say, since when is something like this a big deal?

The going policy for Six Flags and a plethora of other parks and companies has been that you can only get 99 cent refills (or whatever they charge) on current season cups. I know fountain pop is absolutely dirt cheap, but from seeing how mass amounts of guests suck down what seems to be three or more a day, it makes business sense to restrict 99 cent refills to the season the cup was purchased. If you think the price is too high, just think of it as parks doing their part to restrict overconsumption of unhealthy beverages and obesity (sarcasm alert).