2008 Six Flags Souvenir Cup Policy

Do you agree with it?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!

Do you agree with Six Flags new requirement of allowing $.99 refills on the current year cup only?

Yes
62%
No
20%
Don't care
17%

Total votes : 109

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby iamscottevil » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:03 pm

I'm in the minority here, I thought it was a nice gesture to locals and long time fans, it wasn't really an advetised policy more of a in the know thing. But nobody is into nice gestures in companies anymore.
Does anyone think it'll make that big a difference? I never see last years bottles. Isn't it just to cut ties with the past/make a small number of people really angry when they go for their drink?

I guess I'll take the museum as an apology,

Can't wait for it to open.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Tiburon503 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:33 pm

The thought of bringing a previous year's souvenir cup back to the park never crossed my mind! This new policy doesn't really bother me. If you're crazy enough to pay $10+ for $0.06 worth of cola (the plastic cup at WORST costs ~$3); you can afford buying a new cup each season.

I wish Six Flags charged a fair price (not NFL or movie pricing!) for concessions. Alas, I will continue to bag my lunch and save my complaints falling on deaf ears. If the $10 cup gave me unlimited free refills for the first day, and $0.99 refills throughout the season, I would probably go for it despite the markup. Since soda pours out of the fountain cold anyway, I never get ice.

I thought the cup was only good for 1 season anyway.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby YoshiFan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:00 pm

Even though I think SF is a ripoff on food and drink pricing except on these 99 cent refills (I too eat outside the park to avoid the pricing), they aren't as bad as some other parks. I don't know if all Cedar Fair parks is like this or not, but at Dorney they charge $5.98 for the cup and $1.98 for each refill. That extra dollar adds up quick. The only difference is I think you can re-use last year's cup since they were selling Voodoo themed cups last year and I'm sure they will be using the same cups this year.

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:54 pm

^ The refills add up quick? Once again, how much soda are you people drinking? And how much do you need to drink?

^^^ It was a nice gesture? I don't think it was a nice gesture as it was more of an overlook by old management. And I'm sure they aren't forgiving people with anything. It is a policy that should have been implimented much earlier.

Postby YoshiFan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:09 pm

Even at 1 soda a day, at 20 trips a season, the $1.98 refills at Dorney are $20 more than the $0.99 refills at SF.

I usually have 1 - 2 sodas a day on average when I am not at a park. I drink diet soda (I know that has bad stuff in it as well).

Postby coaster05 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:37 am

See I have never been to the same park more then twice in a season. I would rather see 20 different parks, then the same park 20 times. To me the cups are just not that good of deal, and I would hate to carry those big things around all day, paying fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo fees, putting them in bins, etc.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby NINCUB » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:03 am

I myself don't spend the money on souvenir cups as they would just clutter a cabinet.

I think it is kind unsanitary to let someone use a cup they have had for a couple of years or more old. Yuck. Some people are just not as clean as other people. SERIOUSLY!

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:12 am

^^ I get your point about seeing other parks Rich, but there are some that just can't do it either because of age, money, lack of transportation etc. So getting something like a refillable cup is probably a good choice for them. I just don't get why they have to refill it so much.

I Love Bunnies

Postby Teacups Make Me Sick » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:07 am

^Refillable cups are better for the environment...

But the wasting of toilet water due to the amount of times one goes to the bathroom after drinking 10 gallons of soda isn’t so good for the environment.

Postby coaster05 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:34 am

Hercules wrote:^^ I get your point about seeing other parks Rich, but there are some that just can't do it either because of age, money, lack of transportation etc. So getting something like a refillable cup is probably a good choice for them. I just don't get why they have to refill it so much.

That was really more of my opinion on why I don't think their a good deal. Sorry if it came off as criticism for those who do massive revisits. My bad.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!