TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2008 Six Flags Souvenir Cup Policy

Do you agree with Six Flags new requirement of allowing $.99 refills on the current year cup only?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with Six Flags new requirement of allowing $.99 refills on the current year cup only?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

For 2008 in order to receive th $.99 drink refills with a Six Flags Over Texas Souvenir Cup, they are requiring that the cup be a 2008 cup. If you try to use last years cup they will charge you the large drink purchase price ($3.99).

Edited by Wes

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I agree with this! It is a new year. What are you going to do, pull a 2003 cup out of your butt and expect to get a cheap refill out of it? You are lucky to get a refill at that price just for one trip to the park, let alone a full season. I don't go into a restaurant with an old cup and expect to get free refills out of it, why should you be able to do it at a park?

I personally don't care because I don't use these cups.

But if I did, I would agree with it. I think it's totally fair that for spending about ten bucks a year you get a cup that gives you cheap soda's the rest of the season.

It's kind of like buying a parking pass, etc.

--Robb

Yep, The past few years I got away with an old 2006 cup but I tommarow I'll have to buy a new one. But you do get free refills all day the day you bought it so thats a perk. Personly It doesnt matter, I like collecting the cups anyway.

Is this a rhetorical questionlol? Who wants to be seen using a last season cup! That is sooo uncool and can tarnish your reputation! However I do remember using a spongebob cup I got for free, when carowinds added nick central, up until last year! Even took it to kings dominion and got some cheap refills!

This sounds fair to me. Even regular fast food places have higher prices for their small drinks. So you pay for a souvenir cup at the beginning of the season and bring it back each time. How many sodas can you drink?

In our town, we can recycle any kind of plastic (#1 through #7, the numbers inside the triangles), so I can just toss an old cup into the recycle bin if I don't want it anymore.

Eric

This will probably surprise everyone but I agree with the policy. It's a new season so I wouldn't had thought they would honor the old cups.

Having to put the cup in a locker for $1.00 each time I want to ride a coaster (other than the small ones that don't have the locker requirement), makes it not worth it anyway for me.

Well first of all everyone should throw those cups away. I bought one one year and those cups are poisonous, u can taste the plastic elements leaking into the soda itself. that is dangerous but I do agree with the policy.

Is one of the effects making it so a person can't type out the word "you"?

Although I no longer drink carbonated-high fructose corn syrup-caffeinated liquids, I do have to agree that those cups are a symbol of quality.

I got a PKD cup in 2004 and still use it just about every morning to keep my breakfast smoothie cold. The insulation powers those things possess are legendary.

That's probably the only merchandise type thing I've ever gotten at a park that was a good bargain!

Ha! Is this a real question?

That pretty much sums this whole thread up.

Is the extra $3 for a new cup really that brutal? Seriously, I didn't even know people brought them back after one visit. Actually, I didn't even know you could bring them back after one visit.

As for the year however, I think cups should be good for 2 years tops.

That just makes no sense. So you would be ok with the policy if it was every two years you had to buy a cup but not one year?

IMO, if an extra ten bucks per year is going to break your bank, you probably shouldn't be spending money to visit a theme park to begin with.

--Robb