TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point transportation and hotel question

My friends and I are planning a fat eastcoast/midwest trip this summer. But we are flying into NYC, then taking the train up to Albany. From there I was planning on flying to Cleveland then taking the train to Sandusky. Then some how getting to the Hotel Breakers. BTW anyone got any hotel suggestions? Hotel Breakers is a little more than we'd rather spend but its right in the park and you get in an hour early.

Short story shorter...

I need to get to cedar point from Cleveland airport and then back to the airport. And a hotel.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I went to Cedar Point from here in the UK, I flew into Cleveland. I don't drive and hiring a car wasn't an option, so I took the Greyhound bus to the Sandusky Greyhound stop, from where I took a taxi to Cedar Point / Hotel Breakers. That was the only way I could work out of doing it - although there may be better ways!

EDIT : I've just remembered why I didn't take the train to Sandusky - it was because the train only arrives (and departs) in the small hours of the morning / middle of the night. That's why I used the Greyhound bus - as it was possible to make the journey during the day.

My first time in CP I arrived to Sandusky by Greyhound Bus and stayd at the Breakers Express which is alot further away than the regular Breakers, and I'd imagine cheaper.

We drove to the park by taxi, but I'm assuming some of the hotels might have shuttle services.

My first time in CP I arrived to Sandusky by Greyhound Bus and stayd at the Breakers Express which is alot further away than the regular Breakers, and I'd imagine cheaper.

We drove to the park by taxi, but I'm assuming some of the hotels might have shuttle services.

None of the Cedar Point resorts have shuttles. Some of the non-CP resorts might.

Though from what I understand cabbing to/from the park isn't too expensive.

None of the Cedar Point resorts have shuttles. Some of the non-CP resorts might.

Not quite. Under the FAQ section of the resorts page...

Do you have shuttles?

Courtesy vehicles are available on a first-come, first-serve basis to guests of Hotel Breakers, Sandcastle Suites, Camper Village, Lighthouse Point and Cedar Point Marina. To request a courtesy vehicle, call the front desk at Hotel Breakers or Sandcastle Suites. Guest should provide their name and the number in their party. Courtesy vehicle stop locations are:

Hotel Breakers (front entrance of building)

Sandcastle Suites (front entrance of building)

Camper Village (adjacent to registration office)

Lighthouse Point (near shuffleboard court and pool area)

Breakwater Café (at or near the cupola)

Bay Harbor (bay side, by fire hydrant)

Marina (near Famous Dave's BBQ where sign and bench are located)

Soak City/Challenge Park area (adjacent to RipCord in Soak City lot)

Pet Chek (along the fence line to Marina)

No mention if there is a price attached, and it isn't a tram-style shuttle, but the service is certainly available to the resorts EXCEPT Breakers Express. BTW, BE is is certainly cheaper than HB. A 2 night stay in May (that's when I'm going, so that's what I have numbers for) will set you back $148 for a normal room at Breakers Express, while Hotel Breakers' minimum is $280, with the average room being $360. The prices will go up for reservations later in the summer as well.

No mention if there is a price attached, and it isn't a tram-style shuttle, but the service is certainly available to the resorts EXCEPT Breakers Express.

Nor Castaway Bay.

What's the point of a shuttle if it's only offered to the hotels which are walking distance from the park?

My comment stands, there is no shuttle for the places where you'd need one.

This is something that really annoys me about Cedar Point, they make it really hard to get there from the mainland (so to speak) because they want their prescious parking fee, and you can't walk there on the causeway.

Hotel Breakers is definitely good value in the sense that you only need transport when you are arriving and leaving. The cheapest option is definitely greyhound to snadusy and then cab to Cedar Point. Note Cleveland Greyhound is not in the nicest part of town.

Another option which would be better for 3-4 people would be to get someone to pick you up from the airport and drive you there, places like Tom's Cruz offer a sedan door to door with a driver for around $70 plus tip.

Whenever I go to CP, I stay at the Bayshore Estates campground. Its off site so you don't get that early entry. But its dirt cheap to stay there, has a free shuttle to the park and is actually quite nice. Although...the freight trains do run behind the campground every three hours at night.

Whenever I go to CP, I stay at the Bayshore Estates campground. Its off site so you don't get that early entry. But its dirt cheap to stay there, has a free shuttle to the park and is actually quite nice. Although...the freight trains do run behind the campground every three hours at night.

Is that the place right by US250? I stayed there a few times when I was too young to get a hotel room.

We got some drunken stoned dead head to buy us beer. Then we threw the beer bottles at the trains.

Classy joint.

If you do want to stay at Breakers Express for the ERT and don't want the parking fee, the package they have isn't a bad offer, and it includes a parking voucher. I did some pricing for a group of my friends and it was actually cheaper for 5 of us to use the hotel package than to CAMP and get the tix separately.

Thanks guys, I'm not even sure if I can rent a car(I'm 20) and we are only going to be there for the day, so renting a car to drive like 2 miles is kinda pointless. There will probably be 5 of us so its gonna be a lil hard but we will make it work.

June 1st is the day we will spend at the park, looks like a room on the 2nd floor will run us 240 a night. 5 ways is only like 50 bucks so it aint that bad.

So what would be the best way to get from the Cleveland airport to hotel breakers? Greyhound to taxi? Train to taxi?

Thanks guys, I'm not even sure if I can rent a car(I'm 20) and we are only going to be there for the day, so renting a car to drive like 2 miles is kinda pointless. There will probably be 5 of us so its gonna be a lil hard but we will make it work.

June 1st is the day we will spend at the park, looks like a room on the 2nd floor will run us 240 a night. 5 ways is only like 50 bucks so it aint that bad.

So what would be the best way to get from the Cleveland airport to hotel breakers? Greyhound to taxi? Train to taxi?

You might want to look into getting hiring one of those Town Car/Van Services to take you directly from the airport to the hotel. You have 5 people to split it among and the cost of cabs and bus tickets could end up almost the same as the car service.

• 10 months later...
My friends and I are planning a fat eastcoast/midwest trip this summer.

Did you manage to go on this trip? One day (possibly this year) I hope to go and will be in the same situation as you and want to know the same things from people that have actually done it.