TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2008 - The Official Thread!

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is the West Coast Bash Update email I sent today -

Hey everyone!

With just one week away until West Coast Bash I have an update for you regarding the event schedule and more details. Please read this entire email and drop us a line if you have any questions.

If you have not pre-paid for West Coast Bash yet, you can either make payment the day of the event or you can send your payment now ($20 per person) via www.paypal.com to account name store@themeparkreview.com

First off, Magic Mountain is preparing quite a few surprises for us. One of them which everyone will find out about during the Q&A session at Magic Moments theater, is something that I'm not sure I've ever seen at any other theme park or roller coaster enthusiast event! You will find out next Sunday!

As for the schedule -

7:30 - 9:00am - Event Registration. **NOTE - If you plan on showing up after 9:00am you NEED to have pre-paid your event registration. If you have not paid in advance, your registration packet cannot be left at will call for you.

8:20 - Announcement & Gates Open. Magic Mountain will make a short announcement to the group and gates will open at 8:25 so you can be at a ride by the 8:30 ERT start time.

8:30 - 10:00am - ERT on Tatsu, Revolution, Viper, and possibly more! (We know, but we aren't telling!)

12:00 - Lunch in the picnic pavilions - Originally we had thought we would need two lunch groups, but instead of breaking up the lunch into two groups, we will break up the backstage tours into 4 groups. If you have registered more than one person, you will automatically be grouped together, but if there are other people you want to be grouped with, please let us know ASAP as everyone will be given different colored wristbands for their group. We will try our best to accommodate everyone.

1:00 - 3:30 - Guided Backstage Tours

4:00 - 7:00 - Presentations in the Magic Moments Theater with a special announcement about night time ERT! You won't want to miss this!

8:30 - 10:30 - Night Time ERT. (**Note - While ERT starts at 8:30, you are welcome to get in line by 8:00, but there may still be members of the public in line until they can clear out the ride.)

A final schedule with more details will be given to you the day of the event.

MOST IMPORTANT!

** Don't forget that daylight savings time starts this day! Please remember to adjust your clocks!

** If you have not pre-paid for the event yet, you *NEED* to arrive before 9:00am. Your registration packet cannot be left at will call if you have not pre-paid for the event. Please make payment the day of the event or you can send us your payment now ($20 per person) via www.paypal.com to account name store@themeparkreview.com

If you have any questions about West Coast Bash, please post them here!

See you on the 9th!

--Robb Alvey

www.themeparkreview.com

ps. Did I remind you to adjust your clocks that day?

^ X2 won't be open for the event.

Gaw shucks. That would have been the best surprise for those in attendance.

I must say that it's amazing that, in the span of seven years or less, Solace has gone from premiere to total crap because they kept skimping on their offerings. And it was a great business move for MM to step in at this time when the offer is slim in SoCal where there's so many coasters.

I want Scandia Solace. That would rock my world.

4:00 - 7:00 - Presentations in the Magic Moments Theater with a special announcement about night time ERT! You won't want to miss this!

Are you saying that the presentations will be a THREE hour event?

Are you saying that the presentations will be a THREE hour event?

Yes! There is actually quite a bit they have planned. Q&A sessions, presentations on past, present and future rides, and we've got a DVD preview of Coaster Expedition Volume 10 planned.

--Robb