Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

P. 292: Hard Rock Park buildings being demolished
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby The Patchman » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:34 pm

btw got the name wrong, Reggae River Falls not rapids :lmao:

I could definitely see a couple of water rides being added next. A water park would be a great idea also, the only competition they would have would be Myrtle Waves and Family Kingdom's water park. I think the flat could be a drop tower. Then the next coaster should be a woodie, alot of people have been wanting one.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby jackskellington101 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:18 pm

On another front, Lance over at Screamscape posed a very interesting question.

While we know exactly what we’ll be listening to while riding Led Zeppelin: The Ride, they haven’t come forward yet with any information about just what cool tunes we’ll get to listen to while on Maximum RPM or on Midnight Rider.

All they’ve said so far is “80’s Tunes” on MaxRPM and given that the ride is in the British Invasion section of the park I can only assume that they may limit the selection to 80’s hits from the UK, though I think I’ll pass on any more Wham or Culture Club thank you. Maybe a little Depeche Mode, New Order, The Cure or even Duran Duran may fit the bill.

Midnight Rider is suppose to feature “Southern Rock”, but honestly the track Midnight Rider is named for by the Allman Brothers Band just doesn’t seem ideal for a coaster. I’m not too keen on Freebird or Sweet Home Alabama either. Again the pacing just seems to not be appropriate, so anyone else have any other ideas? Maybe a little Bad To The Bone or Devil Went Down To Georgia perhaps. What I find certainly fitting, but I’m not sure if it’s considered Southern Rock, would be the latest version of Ghost Riders In The Sky by Spiderbait as seen in last year’s GhostRider film.

Interesting ideas for those, but I want to know what our knowledge can bring up. Personally, I'm thinking for Max RPM, he's pretty much on the rose, but I'd go a different route, with Def Leppard and The Police. Maybe even Flock of Seagulls and Dead or Alive! Hearing "I Ran" on a coaster would be just awesome, in an extremely geeky sort of way.

For Midnight Rider, I'm feeling maybe, though a touch of irony, Slowride by Foghat, especially the back end where they just open up and go crazy. What do y'all think?

Full Fledged Katonga Enthusiast

Postby Scaparri » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:41 pm

^Well, as awesome as Foghat is, they aren't Southern Rock so I doubt we'd be hearing them. I'd be really surprised if there isn't some Lynard Skynard or Allman Brothers on there. Maybe the Marshall Tucker Band or .38 Special? Or Nugent?

Personally, I'd like to see some U2 played on Maximum RPM if there are some songs that would fit well on it.

Ask me about being a pathological liar!!

Postby kraken613 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:16 pm

Im excited to see Max RPM's ferris wheel work. This park looks really nice though.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:44 pm

Screamscape has posted a HUGE photo update of the park with about 100 photos. Check it out here:
http://www.screamscape.com/html/hard_rock_park.htm

Here's a few sample photos of what you'll see in that update.

I Love Eli Manning!

Postby coastercrazed49 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:03 pm

Great Pictures.
That park looks really nice, and I love Led Zepplin it looks so awesome.
Can't wait untill this park opens. :br
EBL [9:16pm]: I'm not much into politics. I got turned off while Abraham Lincoln was in office.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby TexTitan01 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:08 pm

My uncle owns a beach house in Sunset Beach, NC, which is like 15-20 minute drive from Myrtle, and I am SO goin to this park when it opens; and I plan to have plenty of pictures to show all my TPR friends :)

I bet that elevator lift will be interesting to go on. It would be cool if the cars were free spinning when they went into the elevator, so that on the way up, guests could get a full view of their surroundings...
if life gives you lemons, squeeze them in lifes eyes and make it beg for mercy :devil:

Ask me about being a pathological liar!!

Postby kraken613 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:25 pm

My dad past the park a few weeks ago and said LZ looked really cool.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby jackskellington101 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:04 pm

I'm shocked at how much this park looks like IOA. The structure is amazingly similar. I'm quite excited to see how everything turns out.

"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Postby montezooma » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:49 pm

jackskellington101 wrote:I'm shocked at how much this park looks like IOA. The structure is amazingly similar. I'm quite excited to see how everything turns out.

hmmmmm, I don't see the similarities at all

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!