TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tripsdrill Discussion Thread

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ It's an original ride. Here is an overview of Der Mammut's blueprints:

http://rcdb.com/ig4065.htm?picture=1

Note the underground tunnel near the finish of the ride.

Here is a 3D rendering of Troy: (No underground tunnel. and it is more twisted.

http://rcdb.com/ig3589.htm?picture=2

As you can see, Mammut turns to the right at the bottom of it's first drop, and Troy turns to the left. Plus, look at the rcdb info:

Mammut:

Length: 2,821' 6"

Height: 98' 5"

Speed: 55.9 mph

Troy:

Length: 3,412'

Height: 110'

Speed: 56 mph

I'm not trying to be mean, I just felt like giving some extra proof.

G'Sau (Or however it's spelled)

It's spelled G'sengte Sau, in case you were still wondering.

^^ Me, I would just plan a super Germany trip - there's at least twenty parks that I would deem of interest (something larger than a Kiddie coaster.) Since the country is half the size of Texas, I can definitely say that Germany has a very high "coaster density" - and driving between each one shouldn't be too bad in terms of length - not accounting for traffic.

^^ Me, I would just plan a super Germany trip - there's at least twenty parks that I would deem of interest (something larger than a Kiddie coaster.) Since the country is half the size of Texas, I can definitely say that Germany has a very high "coaster density" - and driving between each one shouldn't be too bad in terms of length - not accounting for traffic.

Driving between each one involves the Autobahn. That's almost like a ride unto itself! I loved it!

Europa Park is one of my all-time faves. None of the rides are really must-do rides by themselves, but there are dozens of rides that are above average. Many of them are unlike any ride in the US, and the park's landscaping and look rival Kennywood or BGW. It's a beautiful place.

The can't-miss coaster in Germany, though, is Expedition GeForce. I could justify the price of a trip back to Deutschland even if that was the only coaster I got to do.

True and I second what texcoaster said. But I already did Germany multiple times and there are so much more parks in the world! So I only visit parks which build a new ride.

And it's also true about speed on the "autobahn", but unfortunately the dutch insurance doesn't pay out when you are driving faster than 130 km/h and you're in some kind of accident... Not that I had experience with such a situation...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh, damn.. just in Time .. i see!

Perhaps they built this amazing coaster with No Limits XD

I am soo happy to ride this new woodie in Germany and 86km/h ..mjamm,.. Specially, this one is twisted and themed )

many greets, freefall.

OMG.. i don`t like boys .. i like girls in small tights (sorry, i can`t see that in my message window to clear it *lol?*) ..damn thats a very genius joke *rofl* !!! )))))))))

• 2 weeks later...

^As said above, it is pretty rare for new exciting coasters like this to open up in little old germany... kinda makes me happy that I had to move over here for my dad's job so long ago..

and then I get sad cuz I realize we're moving back to the states this summer... No more weekend trips to ride GeForce

But I can't complain, California isn't that bad of a place to live..

I'm going to Trippsdrill this upcoming monday so I'll be sure to take tons of pictures for everyone.... any specific requests for any pictures?

^^^ Schade für dich. Warum wirst du in New Hampshire wohnen? Ich denke es gibt besser achterbahnen in Deutschland. Aber ich habe nie nach Deutschland geflogen. Oder New Hampshire.

Sowieso, Ich finde Der Mammut sehr schön, die beste bildern liegen im Bilder - Montage - Serie 3. (Bucket, ist meine Grammatik stimmt?)

-Tanks "I'm American, and I've been taking German for just over a year and a half, although I do have German, Polish and Russian (all Jewish) great grandparents" 4me05.

^Dein Deutsch is gut, besser als meins, und Ich bin ja halb Deutsch.

Pretty sad huh?

Anyways, back to the Mammoth, has anyone heard of an opening date? The website of the park has completely taken off the announcement that used to be on the first page...