TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

In response to the whole prices issue, I definitely agree that $7.00 for one ride on Timberland Twister is COMPLETELY out of the question. However, out of all the times I have gone to MoA, I've always bought a wristband. The park obviously did this to increase wristband sales which is smart on their part.

I'm not sure what I missed, but does anyone know what they're building near the first drop of Spongebob? Is it some kind of tunnel?

Glad to see them testing Splat, but it's also humorous to me to see all those dummies sitting on the cement wall. Kind of surreal.

In a wierd way, this one has become one of my favorite parks, due to it's uniqueness before and after this rennovation. It's so different from some of the other parks. I like different.

More photos from Looty:

It's below zero today, but i still managed to go out and take some photos.

On my way into the mall, I noticed that the Avatar seats are unwrapped! so i snapped a few photos of them. Also, the Spongebob cars are gone! I saw a file at work last week that suggested that Nickelodeon wasn't happy with the paint job on them so my guess is that they are being repainted somewhere....quick funny side note: I also found a file from Nickelodeon stating appropriate and inappropriate ways to use there name/characters and one of the "inappropriate" pictures was of three women and SpongeBob drunk!...anyways...

The east retail store is coming along quite nice and should be finished by the end of February. Themeing continues on SYE & Tumbler. Some decals have been applied to SYE and more paintwork continues on Tumbler. Also, if you look closely, you can see that the crown piece on the Tumbler has a thunderbolt decal applied to it as well.

Large decorative banners are being placed on all exposed walls inside the park (similar to the ones hanging behind Spongebob). They now cover the west entrance and are currently being placed by the east entrance.

As i walked towards Splat O Sphere, i noticed them testing it! As i approached even closer, i noticed that they were testing it with people. Let me just say this: If you watched that video a few posts back and were worried that this ride would be stupid...Don't worry! The program it was on today wasn't even similar to the one in that video. In fact, the ride time of the cycles today lasted just over a minute. It's like an adult frog hopper...it wasn't as bouncy, but shot up and dropped a lot! The finale of the ride includes a brief pause at the top of the tower before shooting back down. From the looks of it, it will provide quite a few pops of air. Two of the people riding it happened to be friends of mine and they said they enjoyed it. They also said that they would be testing it with people later today and would call me to come ride it when they were informed again...but I didn't have a ton of time to stay around and wait. Bummer! The light system on Splat is interesting. They use LED's on it and I really find the ride hard to look at when they are all illuminated. In fact, the whole park seems to glow in a shade of green when all of the lights are on, so hopefully they will maybe tame it down a little. The lights follow the ride unit as it moves up and down the tower so it's alright I guess.

The Avatar chassis is sitting next to the track so hopefully that will be installed soon.

A large steel A-frame looking thing is standing in front of Spongebob. It's going to be part of the main entrance themeing and should look really impressive when finished.

Construction on the Meet & Greet locations continue...there are now two that look to be finishing up soon.

Red Baron has been completely removed so look for the new Blue's Skidoo to arrive soon. Not much work is happening on the Rugrats kiddie bumpers right now.

The last picture is of the new automated ticket kiosks that will be installed at all of the major entrances.

That's all for now.

DSCN3243.jpg.b7d0a51b837c26dfa1112f83d2e0cb4b.jpg

DSCN3241.jpg.67c74e8637aeaee8a687c19b57e76510.jpg

DSCN3240.jpg.f95ed05ce790154d811d6e86ec4a9b77.jpg

DSCN3236.jpg.569fa0b9542aff43034494e329c6817e.jpg

DSCN3234.jpg.7b97ada6a0fa8cac0a37a41c2a99e12c.jpg

I'm fine with how Nickelodeon is sending the Eurofighter trains back for new paint - they were cool, but I'm sure they'll probably come back with something even cooler. I'm excited to see what that entrance for Spongebob will look like... maybe some kind of reefy/coral covered rock? The splat-o-sphere looks really awesome, plus this is definitely adds to the ride manufacturer's reputation - this thing was put up last week? And they're already giving soft openings one week later. I can't wait to see Avvy testing!