TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

Seats are on the drop tower along with...uh....why does the top of the tower look like one of those holiday gift bags with the tissue paper?

Im really starting to wonder where they will have room to add new things to this park!

Kinda like what they did with Mystery Mine for Sponge Bob, and the fountain for Avatar/Splat O Sphere. Rip out something old and put in something new. Yes, a grand RCT tradition.

Hmm, they might be in a quandry though. No tin lizzies or shoot the chutes to take out,like the other parks. They do have a log flume, but it's well established that that isn't going anywhere and the other park's log flumes haven't been on the chopping block of late.

camera2a.jpg.dbc1200b79ea25a529b3a087700337ac.jpg

And the fresh mulching really is quite lovely.

How is this gonna work? Are they going to charge to enter or anyone can enter and have to purchase ride tickets or pay one price bands?

It will continue to operate with their old point system (each ride is assigned a point value, tickets are sold with certain numbers of points - or you can get an unlimited ride wristband). Nothing new or exciting.

The thing that's really great about MOA is that they have absolutely no reason to ever get rid of Ripsaw (unless it collapsed or something, I guess). It would provide maybe enough room for a bumper cars.

I guess they might be able to fit a flat ride where SYR is now...

The point system and unlimited ride ristbands are the same, the price is just increasing. Points will be $1.00 each(up from $.88) and each ride will cost an extra point(Timberland Twister is 6 point currenty, 7 points starting in March). So you are looking at $7.00 for one TT ride next year.

The Ristbands will go up from $24.95 to $29.99 this year. That looks a lot better now than the point system.

Log Chute will be going down in a few weeks and will be closed for approx. 3 weeks while it is torn apart and recreated as Green Slime Falls.

If they touch any of the theming one bit, I'll kill them.

Uh, it's Nickelodeon Universe. Not Paul Bunyan Universe. It may have sentimental value, but the mall doesn't care. Why else would they have signed the contract for it. Oh, and the support in front of Spongebob is likely the support for the big mountain and sign like in the concept art.

Uh, it's Nickelodeon Universe. Not Paul Bunyan Universe. It may have sentimental value, but the mall doesn't care.

While true, I'm gonna miss the warmth and charm of Camp Snoopy, especially the Kite Eating Tree, and Mighty Axe. Those were just cool creative themes.

Anybody headed to MOA soon? I'd like to gently request pics if time, etc, allows. Also curious to see the new train bodies for Ripsaw/Orange Streak.

Paul Bunyun was in pretty poor hape this summer when I went with Paul (Carnage). The effects weren't all working and the audio was horrendous. Although it will be missed, it obviously makes sense to re-theme it.

I rode that ride so many times back in 2005. All the effects were working, though the sound was bad. I will really miss that ride, or at least that version.

^That's what gave it its charm, though! Oh well... I guess it might be cool in its improved form. But if they just destroy all of the enclosures and paint the thing green, I'm going to be really disappointed.

Also, it looks like they moved the train up on Splat-O-Sphere a little bit to hook up some electronics/cables(?)

The point system and unlimited ride ristbands are the same, the price is just increasing. Points will be $1.00 each(up from $.88) and each ride will cost an extra point(Timberland Twister is 6 point currenty, 7 points starting in March). So you are looking at $7.00 for one TT ride next year.

The Ristbands will go up from $24.95 to $29.99 this year. That looks a lot better now than the point system.

7 bucks for ONE RIDE????!!!!????? That has to be a joke.....

I certainly don't disagree that the prices are getting really high. In fact, I've been known to bitch about the 120% increase in the annual pass price. But then I began to really think about it and realized that it may not be fair to make such generalizations due to the unique setting the park is in.

For instance, many parks offer a pretty good deal on season/annual passes because they figure that passholders are not only riding rides each time, but spending money themselves or bringing friends and family who will spend money. While it's certainly known that season passholders spend significantly less in-park than regular guests, it's still enough that most places offer season passes at a pretty decent rate.

And then there's the Park at MOA...where people pretty much just come to ride rides. They don't eat in the old food court in the park, they choose one of the many other restaurants at the mall. They probably don't buy park merchandise or play park games because there is so much more at the mall to do with that money. In other words, the park itself can draw people to the mall, but it doesn't get anywhere near the profits from its guests, as their money is being spent elsewhere in the mall.

This may make sense to nobody and I may be just be blabbering, but I guess what I'm saying is I get it. The park doesn't make money off of annual passes because more and more people would just take advantage of the rides when at the mall for other things, not spending a dime in-park.

It's got to be very challenging for the park to find ways to make and maintain a profit while keeping guests happy...but what I don't think they realize is more and more people who have purchased annual passes from them every year consistently are now buying VF passes instead. Trust me, I helped out at the VF season pass kiosk in the month of December at a nearby mall and I couldn't tell you how many people, who had never had a VF pass before, are buying them now because of the insane price increases at the Park at MOA.

So what's the solution? I have no idea. But I guess for right now, they'll be getting more money from the occassional "single ride" guest and a little more for the "wristband guests."

Look at this!

Actually looks quite obnoxious. Just another example of this park losing it's charm IMO. Ah well, I'm not complaining, the additions should be great!

Uhm...have you seen it in person? Because usually a crappy webcam image isn't a great representation of how something is going to look.

Ok, while I still prefer the beagle, the splat o sphere lights and extra decor are kinda cool. They could've just put the standard canvas/whatever square cap on top and been done with it. Hooray for light up tissue paper!

Dumb as it sounds, I'm still most interested in the slime station/slime geyser 2.0 thing. If that truly is being added to the park, please don't let it be weak.