TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shane's Amusement Attic

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing! These are so cool!!!! I wonder how those two whales in that little tiny tank did anything without touching eachother....

Does anyone else remember when Mickey's Toon Town opened and they had the color changing straws and the air smelled like birthday cake?? I have a bunch of those straws tucked away in my Disney trunk!!!

Great shot of the ferris wheel! thats was my favorite ride as a kid because it seemed so big.

I like the Enterprise "product photo" they show here.

I think it was 79 when they moved the Scrambler and Fly-O-Planes next to Double Loop.

WOW. Elitch's 1979. That's the year I rode Mr. Twister the first time. I rode Wildcat in 1978, but was just too scared to attempt Mr. Twister. Such an amazing coaster, and still my all-time favorite. Wildcat was just as scary in many ways! I'll need to dig up some photos for you all someday. But unlike Shane, I have a life.

But unlike Shane, I have a life.

But Miles, this is my life; to bring joy and share my historical knowledge and information with the coaster community...

You'll find that when you step out of yourself and give to others, that is when life truly begins.

But Miles, this is my life; to bring joy and share my historical knowledge and information with the coaster community...

Oh, is THAT what you're doing? I was under the mistaken impression you were up to something else...

You'll find that when you step out of yourself and give to others, that is when life truly begins.

Yes, that IS a lesson well learned indeed. Glad to see you learned something from the rest of us in Japan.

Oh, is THAT what you're doing? I was under the mistaken impression you were up to something else...

My intentions are nothing but pure.

Yes, that IS a lesson well learned indeed. Glad to see you learned something from the rest of us in Japan.

Oh don't worry, the "things" I learned in Japan are well documented and will be a post all unto itself! Karaoke anyone????

But unlike Shane, I have a life.

PS - Are we still on for Cards this Saturday night????

Eric-

I LOVE IT!!!! That is great, it looks like an old treasure map, and what a find it is. I had never seen Magic Mountain as it was the year that it opened. I don't think I went to the park until 1974.

Thanks for posting this, I would love to see more things like this in this thread. This is totally awesome!

Boy look at that lineup of talent. Pat Boone, Phyllis Diller, Milton Berle (I hear was quite BIG...talent that is) and Jimmy Durante.

Jay Thomas if you are reading...Bring back Phyllis Diller!!!!!!

Shane

I totally agree! Wow, what an entertainment lineup!

SFGAd and SFNE still seem to pull in decent talent to their parks, I would love to see SFMM start getting some 'real' talent as well!

Even Astroworld got Nsync one year!!!

Some of my first concerts were at the Showcase theater. I saw Missing Persons, Howard Jones and the sensational Go-Go's there! Boy come to think of it I celebrated a lot of firsts at Magic Mountain:

First Concert

First Loop Coaster

First Wood Coaster

Oh and then there was that one time up behind Roaring Rapids

WOW! That was Awesome footage for being so old. Thank you for posting that. It did look like an awesome ride.

I also like the footage of the beast with 5 4 bench PTCs.

Could you possible upload it to the video forum so it can be downloadable?

Thanks for the cool footage

JEFF