TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Splashwater Falls & Space Shuttle America have been removed from the official site along with Deja Vu, so it'd be safe to say that they are gone also...

Triple Play is off the list as well. Not sure if that means anything or not.

I like them. Never had a bad experience although I have only ridden the one at MM several times. Sometimes the ride was smooth and other times a bit rough, not really too bad and when it was rough it was not that big a deal, definitely not as rough as some other coasters I have been on. I find it to be a fun and unique ride experience and am glad somebody designed it. Too bad those two are being removed.

Ok so i found this post at SFGam World........ To me it seems official that

the Theater is in fact officially going to meet its maker.

"Danhockey04

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:57 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, now I can say it. All of the following rides will be removed and they have already been removed from the website. Deja Vu, Splashwater Falls and Space Shuttle America. Along with the departure of Theater Royale. "

It seems to me that the familiar landscape that we are used to is going to be very very different next year

Interesting that Vu and Splashwater are both being removed this winter with (presumably) nothing to replace them. That's going to be a pretty dead section of the park.

Of course it does raise the question about what goodies might be waiting in the wings for 2009. A coaster would be good, some flat rides would be great .. Time will tell.

Cameron.

^I say bring back sky whirl

The park is going to seem different with the changes going on, and the whole area from Hometown Square to American Eagle/Wiggles World will seem really dead. Hopefully the dive machine rumors are true because Great America could use a unique coaster, and hopefully it is a hyper coaster by more than 2/8 feet.

As for Dark Knight, I expect it to be along the lines of Scooby Doo at WBMW. Of course while the layout is a clone, I expect it to have custom mechanics as you go through the various rooms.

• 1 month later...

Maybe SFMM will decide to take it out along with Flashback while they are at it. De Javu is just another clone boomerang so I don't care if it goes or not. I've only been on it twice. There's still Invertigo at CGA which is practically the same thing except it has slanted hills & V2 over at SFDK is 10 times better. I also like the original boomerang too.

Remember, that the GIBs are not being 'destroyed.' Both of them are being sold, and chances are that the remaining one will be bought by some other park that is fairly close to SFOG.

Also, Screamscape has confirmed that SFGA's Boomerang is being relocated to Silverwood Park in Idaho.

And even if the one at MM goes, it will still exist, and probably would still be located on the West Coast, or Western USA, at least.

Nope, but it could be anytime.

Even, March 2008, since Silverwood could choose to install it anytime during the 2008 season, but most likely for either the beginning of the season, which I assume is around March, or possible peak season, like July-August-ish.

Or, Silverwood could choose to be like Joyland, and just keep Deja Vu in storage indefinitely, like Joyland has done with GL.

Then again, this is just spec.

So, nothing official, yet, just that Screamspace sources have "confirmed" that the GIB will be going there.

• 1 month later...

Aquatrax!

Has construction even started on this thing yet? It's supposed to be ready for early rides somewhere around March 20th for people who bought season passes before November (I didn't... I always just wait for the passes to be mailed to me)

May, sorry. >.<

I think it's crummy that it won't be ready for opening day. That would've been totally in their capacity - this was definitely a project slopped down on paper to hold SF over until 2009.

Also, when will Deja Vu be torn down? According to my sister who just drove by the other day, it's still standing tall.

Has construction even started on this thing yet? It's supposed to be ready for early rides somewhere around March 20th for people who bought season passes before November (I didn't... I always just wait for the passes to be mailed to me)

Construction started during FF, no one seemed to notice considering I guess no one rides SUF anymore .

The ride is supposed to open Memorial weekend according to the press release, which means the SP preview will probably a few days before or something along those lines.

These pictures were taken by member RCT2wizard and posted on SFGAm World. These plans were displayed by SFGAm at a recent coaster enthusiast event.

dk5.jpg.903f6cb845ff95602dc65c9f3a63b258.jpg

Queue setup, you can see its in Theater Royale, and the actual ride is in a new building close proximity to SUF. There is a pre-show. The park also said Raging Bull is getting painted among other things.

dk4.jpg.898dcdfa39786d23c298635f2b88e1a4.jpg

dk3.jpg.a1f5fb2bbc6e18e82bd1fb3f24406367.jpg

The cars are themed to subway cars.

dk2.jpg.ffc157a9190a19cb6715fc6a46bbd6b5.jpg

Special effects layout plans -note this is generic for all 3 TDK's so there might be some variations. Notice that the ride is made up of "scenes" with some pretty aweosme looking special effects.

dk1.jpg.a5601112f9a0be5af66e86a0f9f324be.jpg

Rides entrance, you can see there are some queues in front of the building and the FlashPass goes around the right.