Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

p. 1052 - The Joker Roller Coaster in 2017!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Acero » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:03 am

Remember, that the GIBs are not being 'destroyed.' Both of them are being sold, and chances are that the remaining one will be bought by some other park that is fairly close to SFOG.
Also, Screamscape has confirmed that SFGA's Boomerang is being relocated to Silverwood Park in Idaho.
And even if the one at MM goes, it will still exist, and probably would still be located on the West Coast, or Western USA, at least.

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:34 am

^ Any mention of when it's coming down? It was still up two weeks ago when I drove past.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Acero » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:00 am

Nope, but it could be anytime.
Even, March 2008, since Silverwood could choose to install it anytime during the 2008 season, but most likely for either the beginning of the season, which I assume is around March, or possible peak season, like July-August-ish.
Or, Silverwood could choose to be like Joyland, and just keep Deja Vu in storage indefinitely, like Joyland has done with GL.
Then again, this is just spec.
So, nothing official, yet, just that Screamspace sources have "confirmed" that the GIB will be going there.

I Smell Funny

Postby Golfie » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:34 pm

Aquatrax!

Has construction even started on this thing yet? It's supposed to be ready for early rides somewhere around March 20th for people who bought season passes before November (I didn't... I always just wait for the passes to be mailed to me)

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby SFGAm Shock Wave » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:03 pm

^ It is currently a rectangle of dirt. Also, you definitely heard wrong on the Season Pass thing. It is scheduled to open in May, with SP rides shortly before it opens (either a day before, or early on its opening day). I can 100% guarantee you that no non-employees will be in the park in March.

I Smell Funny

Postby Golfie » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:36 am

May, sorry. >.<

I think it's crummy that it won't be ready for opening day. That would've been totally in their capacity - this was definitely a project slopped down on paper to hold SF over until 2009.

Also, when will Deja Vu be torn down? According to my sister who just drove by the other day, it's still standing tall.

Papas

Postby Papas » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:16 pm

Has construction even started on this thing yet? It's supposed to be ready for early rides somewhere around March 20th for people who bought season passes before November (I didn't... I always just wait for the passes to be mailed to me)

Construction started during FF, no one seemed to notice considering I guess no one rides SUF anymore :lolr:.

The ride is supposed to open Memorial weekend according to the press release, which means the SP preview will probably a few days before or something along those lines.

I Smell Funny

Postby Golfie » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:57 pm

^Odd... I had gotten a QBot during FF and rode S:UF about 3 times. Although it was the 1st (maybe second) weekend of FF

Papas

Postby Papas » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:58 am

These pictures were taken by member RCT2wizard and posted on SFGAm World. These plans were displayed by SFGAm at a recent coaster enthusiast event.
dk1.jpg
Rides entrance, you can see there are some queues in front of the building and the FlashPass goes around the right.
dk2.jpg
Special effects layout plans -note this is generic for all 3 TDK's so there might be some variations. Notice that the ride is made up of "scenes" with some pretty aweosme looking special effects.
dk3.jpg
The cars are themed to subway cars.
dk4.jpg
dk5.jpg
Queue setup, you can see its in Theater Royale, and the actual ride is in a new building close proximity to SUF. There is a pre-show. The park also said Raging Bull is getting painted among other things.

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:12 am

Wow, I'm very impressed. This could be a hit for Six Flags.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!