TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Awww. That brings back my memories of seeing Renegade getting built. I'm happy for everyone whose excited for this! I know the joy of getting something fresh, new, and exciting. And although the wait til opening day may seem trillions of days away, it's all worth it after the first ride.

Too bad this one is a clone.

Evel’s about six feet shorter, a few mph faster, but layout wise what from what I can tell the only difference is that at the end of the second “out” run, Evel adds another set of track cross-overs and will pass under the first drop, taking that final far turnaround from left to right. Other than this one point, allowing for a slightly longer straight run of bunny hops on the return trip, the rides look fairly identical...

You lose.

Awww. That brings back my memories of seeing Renegade getting built. I'm happy for everyone whose excited for this! I know the joy of getting something fresh, new, and exciting. And although the wait til opening day may seem trillions of days away, it's all worth it after the first ride.

I know. I can't wait to ride EK. I just hope it opens ahead of schedule but if it doesn't I'll just have to wait till May.

^

I cant wait to ride Renagade one day!

Too bad this one is a clone. Still good though because not many people have ridden it!

Although VERY similar, EK is not an exact clone of Thunderbird. There are some minor differences.

Quote from Screamscape.

One of our readers in Finland noticed something very interesting about the new Evel Knievel coaster going to Six Flags St. Louis… that it’s a damn near copy of Thunderbird in Finland’s Powerpark. There are some minor statistical differences (Evel’s about six feet shorter, a few mph faster, but layout wise what from what I can tell the only difference is that at the end of the second “out” run, Evel adds another set of track cross-overs and will pass under the first drop, taking that final far turnaround from left to right. Other than this one point, allowing for a slightly longer straight run of bunny hops on the return trip, the rides look fairly identical

EDIT: Beat me to it CP_RULES

Yeah, I think it's going in right in the front of the park. You can see it's right next to the log flume (that thing used to look SO big to me), and apparently they're rerouting/removing the Moon Antique Cars from the look of the first picture (it looks like the Moon cars track is in the foreground). I can't wait to get to my first "home park" again to ride this. If only they had these coasters when I was growing up...

This coaster is located right near the front of the park. If you go left at the entrance plaza and take the first left, it located just past where the Wii zone is/used to be, Right next to the log flume and not far from Mr. Freeze. I can't wait for this to open, I already have my SP for 2008 processed with parking on it.

^^Deja Vu isn't going anywhere.

^It'll never happen.

There's maintenance sheds, storage sheds, employee training rooms, a lot of people in there doing work. There's plenty of other places in the park to put roller coasters.

Although I would of much rather seen the park use some of its excess land (they're currently only using about 1/3 of the land they own), I really like the spot where they put EK because that area of the park usually doesn't have a lot of people and can be dead at times so this will definitely help generate traffic in that area.