Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 887 - Spinsanity Ride Announced for 2017!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Blink » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:16 pm

My guess is that the ride will have stuntman theme. What does that even mean? How do you theme a ride to look like that unless the ride will just have a generic theme to it.

Ask me about being a pathological liar!!

Postby kraken613 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:50 pm

I think its just going to be generic. Thats what Six Flags does best!

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:18 pm

Kanonen (sp?) has a bit of a stunt man theme, by way of being shot out of a canon.

It just amazes me that a woody could fit into a space that small.
EDIT: ^Doh!

Sir Haunts-a-lot

Postby Vffreak07 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:28 pm

Awww. :) That brings back my memories of seeing Renegade getting built. I'm happy for everyone whose excited for this! I know the joy of getting something fresh, new, and exciting. And although the wait til opening day may seem trillions of days away, it's all worth it after the first ride. =)

Postby kraken613 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:51 pm

^
I cant wait to ride Renagade one day!
Too bad this one is a clone. Still good though because not many people have ridden it!

Only 1/2 CP fanboy

Postby CP_RULES » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:45 pm

kraken613 wrote:Too bad this one is a clone.

Screamscape wrote:Evel’s about six feet shorter, a few mph faster, but layout wise what from what I can tell the only difference is that at the end of the second “out” run, Evel adds another set of track cross-overs and will pass under the first drop, taking that final far turnaround from left to right. Other than this one point, allowing for a slightly longer straight run of bunny hops on the return trip, the rides look fairly identical...

You lose.
-Justin Seabaugh -Official Brake Fanboy
M-I-Z-Z-O-U ENGINEERING Go Tigers!

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Six Flags Addict » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:48 pm

Vffreak07 wrote:Awww. :) That brings back my memories of seeing Renegade getting built. I'm happy for everyone whose excited for this! I know the joy of getting something fresh, new, and exciting. And although the wait til opening day may seem trillions of days away, it's all worth it after the first ride. =)

I know. I can't wait to ride EK. I just hope it opens ahead of schedule but if it doesn't I'll just have to wait till May.

kraken613 wrote:^
I cant wait to ride Renagade one day!
Too bad this one is a clone. Still good though because not many people have ridden it!

Although VERY similar, EK is not an exact clone of Thunderbird. There are some minor differences.

Quote from Screamscape.
One of our readers in Finland noticed something very interesting about the new Evel Knievel coaster going to Six Flags St. Louis… that it’s a damn near copy of Thunderbird in Finland’s Powerpark. There are some minor statistical differences (Evel’s about six feet shorter, a few mph faster, but layout wise what from what I can tell the only difference is that at the end of the second “out” run, Evel adds another set of track cross-overs and will pass under the first drop, taking that final far turnaround from left to right. Other than this one point, allowing for a slightly longer straight run of bunny hops on the return trip, the rides look fairly identical

EDIT: Beat me to it CP_RULES

Postby kraken613 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:19 pm

Im not saying its bad that its a "near" clone but an original layout would have been nicer because GCI's layouts just get better and better.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:39 am

Here are some new photos taken on Friday sent to us by:
http://sixflagsstlouis.net/

Click the above link for even more great construction photos!
zpfile000.jpeg
Nice overview of the area.
zpfile001.jpeg
You can see Batman in the background!
zpfile002.jpeg
Looks like a first drop?

TPR makes work go faster

Postby bigstevet07 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:10 am

Thanks for the pics Robb! Am I looking at this wrong, I thought it was going to be further back in the park. But, from the angle where you can see Batman, it looks like it will be towards the front. Doesn't matter though, can't wait to get down there this summer.
I hate Godzilla! I hate him too! He destroyed cities!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!