TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

While not as marketable, I think SF really should have gone back a re-profiled their other wooden coasters. Screamin' Eagle and Boss look like great rides, but their reputations seem mediocre at best. Some TLC for these coasters could benefit the park more than a new coaster.

On the other hand, A great new coaster will generate traffic, and SF couldn't have gone with a better coaster company to provide a ride all together different from what they already have. Since this will be the park's twister wooden coaster, GCI is really the perfect choice. Hopefully, the other woodies will receive tune-ups in the future.

Wow i wonder who long until evil decides to sue this, im mean he sued Kanye West for saying evil Kanyenevial.

From Six Flags St. Louis's website:

"I've been thrilling people all my life with my death defying stunts. And I've proven after a spectacular fall that you're never a failure as long as you try to get up. What better way to create a new generation of

Evel Knievel fans than by partnering with Six Flags for this exciting attraction. I'm thrilled to be part of it."

— Evel Knievel

I don't think he's suing.

As someone close to both Evel Knievel AND SFTSL, it would be nice to see the park make it into a one-of-a-kind homage to a bygone icon.

Especially one who was at his height at the same time as Six Flags took hold in eastern Missouri.

If some of these corporate parks actually had this kind of (yes, random) nostalgia, wouldn't they each seem more unique? It sounds better than the 14th DC themed area.

Sad to hear that EK has died, and hopefully the park can make a tribute to him similar to what is done at Big Spin. I am really excited for the park to get this coaster, and it even has the chance to be one of the best wooden coasters in the country(didn't Thunderbird rank like 15 on Mitch's poll?), and it is a great addition for the park. If the rumors about Boss and Eagle getting re-tracked are true, then SFSTL is going to have one awesome wooden coaster selection. If Boss can be smooth and get Millennium Flyers, then it will be one great coaster.

Sad to hear that EK has died, and hopefully the park can make a tribute to him similar to what is done at Big Spin. I am really excited for the park to get this coaster, and it even has the chance to be one of the best wooden coasters in the country(didn't Thunderbird rank like 15 on Mitch's poll?), and it is a great addition for the park. If the rumors about Boss and Eagle getting re-tracked are true, then SFSTL is going to have one awesome wooden coaster selection. If Boss can be smooth and get Millennium Flyers, then it will be one great coaster.

Doing what they did on Tony Hawk on EK would be really cool and they could say that the ride is a tribute to him.

I think Thunderbird only ranked 36 but that is still pretty dang good considering it's middle of nowhere location. I'm hoping that EK ranks somewhere between 5-15.

But with bad news about Ek dieing I do have good news.....the ride has gone vertical! http://www.sixflagsstlouis.net/updates/2008/20071130.htm

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some EK construction photos.

These are from Friday.

http://www.sixflagsstlouis.net/updates/2008/20071214.htm

These are from Sunday.

http://www.sfstl.net/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=37&g2_itemId=2241

A lot more construction has taken place since Sunday and the ride stands about 80ft. tall and can be seen from the highway.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad that The Boss is getting re-tracked it used to be my fav woodie at the park, but this year it beat me up and I was sore for days after riding it. I think they need to put PTCs on it, that would be nice. As for Screamin' Eagle, glad they are re-tracking it too, even though it was extremely smooth and had good airtime from all the re-tracking last summer, it is my fav woodie at the park now.

Hope Evil Knievel is coming along nicely. I know when I was there in October they didn't even have any track up yet. It looks like a very confined space for the coaster, but it will be fun.

^ Pleased to hear that. I'd like to go to SFSt.L some day, but not untill I hear that Eagle and Boss have improved.

I hear the G-trains on Boss are killer, and not in a good way.

You heard correctly. I rode Boss back in 2003 (unless my memory's failing) and it was terrible. Gave me back aches that lasted the rest of the day. I love wooden coasters but that one was just atrocious.

Again I probably wont ride this but I'll post what I think anyway.

I always love a good woodie, and the layout looks amazing on this one. The good thing about woodies is that they are always fun to ride and they can be turned into a thrill ride if the park wants to which is what they are doing here. Six Flags St. Louis looks like a really nicely landscaped park and the thrill rides look prettey decent. Six Flags may have some really crappy parks from what I have heared a.k.a Six Flags America, Six Flags Darien Lake. But the one I have been too, Six Flags New England is awesome. I just love the friendly atmosphere in that park and Superman: Ride Of Steel is an awesome ride! It's not the best themed park in the world but it sure does have some decent thrill rides. All I ask on this ride though is that they theme it a little bit? Maybe add a Motorbike at the entrance or maybe some Memorabilla in the queue line? Maybe even the station facade could be themed itself to a truck or something like that (although that would be kind of impossible). It looks prettey good and if I ever get the chance to go down to Six Flags St. Louis I will make sure I wont miss out this one!

Cheers,

BlackHole2005