Shane's Amusement Attic

Update:1998 Fiesta Texas 10 year master plan that never was.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

The BAT.........

Postby Victor871 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:08 am

Was this ride taken to Six Flags Magic Mountain? It sure does look just like Viper.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby milst1 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:25 am

Very cool report and photos and discussion. I love the early 80's promotional material and park-visitor fashions of the time!

First question: Are the Hanna Barbera characters still to be found at legacy-Paramount parks? I know I've seen Yogi Bear somewhere recently but I can't remember where.

Second question: EBL mentioned Arrow's 4th Dimension Debacle...is there a thread on that somewhere? Was it problems with that one ride design that led to their being bought out, or a set of problems including that? I know it's a tough business, and I guess too much dough dropped into one big project that ends up not selling can really kill you.

martin

DelGrosso's Sauce + Enterprise = VOMIT!

Postby Wood Dragon 1988 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:00 pm

This thread is really cool-I actually have been sitting here reading it for a half hour!

I was confused at first on how "unbanked turns" caused the train to swing. The vid. cleared that up.

Bat seems so different than all the other Arrow suspenders. In a way, it DID start the "fourth phase" of roller coasters or whatever. There's so many "below the track" coasters today, Arrow suspended and others.

So, does anyone actually have a "review" of the ride? I know it operated sparingly a long time ago, but can anyone remember what the ride actually felt like??

Again, very cool info.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm

cycamps wrote:I remember some of the old pictures of the park from the movie "Rollercoaster"

"Rollercoaster" wasn't filmed at KI.It was filmed on location at Ocean view park,Kings Dominion & SFMM.

SFMM's Viper is an Arrow multi-looper,Ninja is an Arrow suspended....there's a major difference between the two rides.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby cycamps » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:36 pm

Oh gosh. I thought The Racer was Rebel Yell. I guess I wasn't paying much attention. Whoops!!!! :oops:

"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Postby montezooma » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:21 am

LIBERTYLAND

Here is an update on a small park in Memphis that closed down awhile ago. It was one of the parks that I wasn't able to visit. This is kind of a small update to this thread as I do not have that much stuff on the park.

But if you have interest in this park there is quite a bit of facts and information for you to read.

Anyone feel free to add any info they have on this park....
logo.jpg
Libertyland 1.jpg
Libertyland 2.jpg
Libertyland 13.jpg
Libertyland 14.jpg
Libertyland 15.jpg
Libertyland 12.jpg
Libertyland 9.jpg
Libertyland 10.jpg
Libertyland 11.jpg
brochure 6.jpg
brochure 5.jpg
Libertyland 4.jpg
Libertyland 5.jpg
Libertyland 6.jpg
Libertyland 7.jpg
brochure 1.jpg
brochure 9.jpg
Libertyland 15.jpg
Libertyland 16.jpg
Libertyland 17.jpg
Libertyland 18.jpg
Libertyland 20.jpg
revolution 1.jpg
revolution 2.jpg
Libertyland 24.jpg
brochure 4.jpg
brochure 3.jpg
brochure 11.jpg
brochure 10.jpg
Libertyland 21.jpg
Libertyland 22.jpg
Libertyland 23.jpg
Libertyland 3.jpg
Revolution poster.jpg

Postby montezooma » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:25 am

Can someone please tell me how to add pictures to my posts without having to have that yellow border around each picture...this thing
waltz.jpg
I want to add pictures without this border thingy....help

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FLIPDUDE » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:45 am

you have to upload them first, then put in
Code: Select all
[img]http://imagelocation.com/image.jpg[/img]
in the middle of your post

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:10 am

Thanks for uploading these Libertyland shots! I had never seen most of them.

Brings back alot of memories from the park in the 90's...

Postby montezooma » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:53 am

Well I thought that was going to be a pretty boring post cause I didn't have a lot of photos just all the press releases. But I just went back and read all those releases and there is a lot of interesting stuff about this park that I knew little to nothing about.

It really makes me wish I was able to visit this park while it was still around. Very interesting how this park came about and that it was operated by a non-profit group.

There are some really great "over the top" quotes in there from Mike Danshaw, Allen Ambrosini and Frank Gordon describing the Revolution. And I have to laugh at the general managers remark as it "being as safe as a baby's cradle". I recall that when the wind blew the cradle was rocked and then fell, baby and all. That doesn't sound too safe to me.

And speaking of Frank Gordon, who was the founder of Roller Coaster Buffs International, the other coaster club that rivaled ACE back in the 70's, I found this photo of RCBI's first convention at Six Flags over Texas. There weren't too many of us there, but it was a BLAST!

The club slogan was "Ride High with RCBI" How great is that?
RCBI.jpg
Group Photo of Roller Coaster Buffs International (RIP) on the exit ramp of Judge Roy Scream at Six Flags over Texas.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!