The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Pg 5042 - CraZanity Announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: SLCHeadache and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby macee » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:28 pm

Goliath513 wrote:
macee wrote:freefall has been demolished

Can anyone else confirm this?

sorry i ment going to

I'm slow

Postby pagemaster_b » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:08 pm

Jew wrote:I would hardly call what he posted "mourning." He basically just said he wanted the credit, and doesn't care for X since he got the credit and the ride blows.

Dead on.

X -- you can kiss my :butt:
There's no problem too big that C-4 can't fix.

Banned

Postby PURE » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:47 pm

Well, I guess the only thing that matters is that X isn't getting demolished and that it will be open for all of us X fans for years and years to come! Oh the joy of the 5th dimension!

^Its really sad and unfortunate to hear that you never got the Flashback credit. I rode several times on my visits to the park, it was a blast!!!

If anybody else cares to share their ride experiences with the "non-Flashback credit mourner," now would be the time! :lmao:
Welcome To Magic Mountain. Cheer up, you could be at Knotts!

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:52 pm

So Flashback's finally coming down. Screamscape reports the ride is being sent to coaster heaven, this is not 100% accurate as the ride is in fact going to coaster hell.
-Sean C.

FORMER DISNEYLAND ATTRACTION OP

Final Destination Guy!

Postby Goliath513 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:01 pm

PURE wrote:If anybody else cares to share their ride experiences with the "non-Flashback credit mourner," now would be the time! :lmao:

I rode it back in 2001. It was the first coaster I rode at SFMM because nothing else was open yet. The trains were horrible; they were like coffins pretty much. The restraints locked so hard on me one time that I seriously felt like my breathing was cut off. Despite that and the roughness on the hairpin turns, it was a decent ride. We re-rode it multiple times, so it wasn't that bad. The thing I enjoyed most about it was the amazing view of Hurricane Harbor on the straightaway before the first hairpin drop. The drops were the roughest part of the ride, but they still provided a very unique feel as the trains entered them and whiped through. I think flashback had the potential to be a pretty good ride if they would have given it some TLC and replacements for those murderous trains. Other than that, I don't have much to say.

Now it's your guys' turn to share your experiences for the non-Psyclone credit mourner, me. :P

Banned

Postby PURE » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:32 pm

I'm not sure how interested everyone is in the good bye of Flashback. However, I went by the park today to see what kind of destruction was being done on Flashback for those who were interested and wanted photos. It was really hard to find a couple good angles of the ride, I hadn't noticed how it had become so hard to get photos of it recently.
(N)Flashback Front.jpg
Everything looks pretty normal on this side.
(N) Lift.jpg
Here you can see the dip before the lift has been removed. Lift chain is also hanging.
(N)Flashback.jpg
And the total amount of construction as of 2 PM Friday. They were basically cutting pieces and letting them drop. You could hear the heavy metal bouncing off other still existing parts of the ride, it was a pretty cool sight to see.
(N) Bad View.jpg
Kind of a bad view, but it gives you an idea how they're taking it apart. As you can tell from the photos, this is no disassembly. Flashback will be scrap metal. You can also tell Viper has been painted, as well as part of X's turnaround. Part of the lift has been painted as well, but they got a long way to go.
(N)inside.jpg
This photo was to show the inside of the spine. Kind of hard to see, however in person you could tell it was hallow. The rail support triangles stopped on the outside of the spine, welding was only done on the outside as well.
(N) frontpark.jpg
This is from right in front of the metal detectors. Soon this will be a shot of Goliath, and Flashback won't be in the way. Hope this satisfied those wanting to see what was going on!
Welcome To Magic Mountain. Cheer up, you could be at Knotts!

Only 1/2 CP fanboy

Postby CP_RULES » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:09 pm

SWEET! Thanks for the pics PURE.
-Justin Seabaugh -Official Brake Fanboy
M-I-Z-Z-O-U ENGINEERING Go Tigers!

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:15 pm

Whoa, it's coming down fast! I guess you can see this as an improvement for the park. Depends which way you look at it.

Banned

Postby RIP Psyclone » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:28 pm

Back when it was still intact:
fb1.jpg
What's that next to the shed behind Flashback?
fb2.jpg
I see you, hiding Metro trains! (And you Flashback train in the shed!)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:38 pm

That shed was actually the old queue building for Flashback! I totally stood in that building during the opening summer of that ride.

It later became fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo and then even later became storage.

Hopefully it will all become Hurricane Harbor expansion! That would kick A$$!

--Robb

PreviousNext