TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney Studio's Tower Of Terror preview!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the part when DCA's ride starts it goes backwards which was really awesome the first time I went on it. But then I remember the Florida version being a lot better. Do they all have the effect with the twilight zone door at the beginning like the one at DCA. And also is DCA's the only one that has like a one story drop before the big drop?

Great pictures thanks for posting. After comparing this new attraction to the one at DisneySea the difference is amazing, almost embarrassing for Disney.

I find it interesting why they would spend so much money on the Tower in Japan and then pull this crap in Paris and CA. I mean the return on investment would seem to be comparatively the same or somewhat close. This is like comparing a Porsche to a Yugo.

Japan has raised the bar and I view this latest Tower as "barely getting by" for Disney.

My thoughts exactly.

Great pictures thanks for posting. After comparing this new attraction to the one at DisneySea the difference is amazing, almost embarrassing for Disney.

I find it interesting why they would spend so much money on the Tower in Japan and then pull this crap in Paris and CA. I mean the return on investment would seem to be comparatively the same or somewhat close. This is like comparing a Porsche to a Yugo.

Japan has raised the bar and I view this latest Tower as "barely getting by" for Disney.

My thoughts exactly.

Disney "raises the bar" at TDS for most everything because they aren't spending their own money, I think--the Tokyo resort is actually owned by the Oriental Land Company, correct?

Does TDS's have a hallway?

Yup. TDS's is pretty much the exact same ride system as DCA's and DSP's, just with a different "paint job."

--Robb "But it's a really REALLY good paint job!" Alvey

True, but its preshow and theming are far superior to the other versions. Its drop sequence is definitely the tamest, but I always felt that was due to the restraining seatbelts they have. But all that could be changed in the future, with reprogramming of the drop sequences to possibly a more intense and random version.