TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Clementon Jack Rabbit GONE

Clementon Jack Rabbit GONE demolished

This is 2 out of about 30 photos I took today 12-3-2007

the new owners are not wasting anytime this was taken down in hours along with a arcade building and ride last week.

A Dark Day in Clementon and Coaster History

:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope

This demo. company moves fast.

When they demo a house or property in this area in days all that is left is a clean smooth surface ready to do what ever with.

I give it to the end of the week and it will be clean.

Will have pics as the process progresses

They have ex. Six Flags executives running the place. see below

"Adrenaline will be led by CEO Hue Eichelberger, who is the former Executive Vice President of the Eastern Region for Six Flags, Inc., and CFO Russell Kuteman, also a former Six Flags executive."

http://tinyurl.com/226w56

No the opposite

The park has new owners and they are spending around 15-20 million in the next 4 years to improve the park.

Such as

• Theming
    2 Trains on Tsunami
    A new kiddie section maybe at Jack Rabbit location ??
    A new Giant water Attraction ?
    A resurfaced parking lot
    Much lower season pass pricing
    A longer season
    Holloweekends or whatever its called (thye had it a few years ago)
    New buildings (this park turned 100 years old this year)
    Some work on Tsunami / J2 which I'm sure they will be changing the name

And I'm guessing they will be busting out with a new Ad campaign as this park has been getting some a bad rap with the locals. They have a lot of Bus trips from the city.

But this park is also big with company picnics and I been to many,$15 included AYCE Picnic Buffet, 2 free 20oz. beers and each additional only a $1 can't beat it, 6 beers and 17 Tsunami rides will get your head spinning.

Plus much more surprises

The New owners haven't even announced anything yet no press release only that the park was acquired but the company in my lost post.

But I'm excited that people that now how to run a theme park is running the park instead of the previous owner who even never attended the ACE eastcoaster event even after the New Tsunami opened and could have had some free advertisement.He never even returned calls.

This I'm sure will all change with the new owners

So when ever I want to ride Jack Rabbit (my first credit) I will come back here and hit Robs Video

Well that is assuring at least, it'd be a real shame to lose a park. Better opperations on J2 is good and who knows...a new coaster some day would be GREAT! The real tragedy is the loss of Jack Rabbit. Hopefully the future for Clementon is promising

It's very sad to see any "Classic" woodie get "razed", looked a fun size ride with a hint of . Please post anymore photo's of it being taken down.

The new owners can add more exciting coasters and make the park a bigger success.

I hope this does not happen to the "Nash", "Rollercoaster", "Big Dipper" and "Wild Mouse" at BPB, none are protected which of course they should be, they are all riding "jems", even if the "mouse" shatters your ribs..

^^^That's great news because the park should just be shut down in its current state. J2 is every bit as rough as SOB, Villain, Predator, etc. With Great Adventure just a short drive away there's NO excuse for that park being so awful. Small parks can be great, like IB, Waldameer, Knoebels, etc.

I never rode JackRabbit so I can't make a personal comment on ride experience. However, I never heard anyone rave about it. To me it looked like the Comet at Waldameer, which was completely non-thrilling.

The bigger shame is to hear that Tsunami ran so poorly after it's first year. I enjoyed riding it non-stop for two hours when it opened. Hopefully, the new owners make restoring Tsunami's power a top priority.

No more interest in the park ?

Doesn't make sense

the park WILL get better NOT worse.

And Comparing Tsunami to villain and SOB is why off.

Yes its rough in the back seat but smooth in the front.

I never felt the floor drop out on me on Tsunami

And there will be a lot of Track work this off season.

But I am local and only go when there is no one at the park so I can marathon the coaster.Normally around 7-8pm till closing.

I stay away during the School bus trips they have from the Philly Area.

But it will get better

Wow that is sad about Jack Rabbit but also good news for Clementon Park. I used to go there all the time when I was a kid and then my local union that I am in (Local 623, I work for UPS) always has their Labor Day picnic there for its members and family. You pay one price, have the picnic area off of the park under the pavillions where you would eat and drink all you want(Beer included)and ride all the rides in the amusement park and Splash World ,their water park.I used to go to that but the crowds started getting a little rough so we stopped going. Maybe the new owners will improve things and make it a nice little park for people to be able to visit again. I don't live too far from Clementon so maybe I'll ride over a couple of times a month to see what progress is being made. Thanks for the post, keep us updated.

No more interest in the park ?

Doesn't make sense

the park WILL get better NOT worse.

Only time will tell. But untill then, until when the park ís a succes, I won't have any interest for the park. Your at the wrong address with me, when you demolish a classic ride, no matter if it's for a better future of the park. They could have sold the ride, but instead they destroyed it. Wrong choice, if you asked me.

And Comparing Tsunami to villain and SOB is why off.

Yes its rough in the back seat but smooth in the front.

I never felt the floor drop out on me on Tsunami

And there will be a lot of Track work this off season.

I strongly disagree. I rode it in the very front seat twice, and it was the worst thing I ever rode in terms of roughness. That's why it's dead last in my rankings.

And the fact that they had to shut it down mid-season in July does not support your contention.

I agree with Pcman that Tsunami is not as rough as SOB and Villian. That is just cruel and so off base. I just rode SOB this year again without the loop and thought of what brutal it still was. Tsunami will push you to the limits and make your eyes water but it's no where near SOB. Wrong ball league.

I was still optimistic about Jack Rabbit reopening when Tsunami debuted, denying the truth about the structure problems JR had. It really had to go after years of being SBNO. It already died of its structural cancer and just needed the time and money to be removed. Sad that it finally came.