TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

YouTube to host Holiday World Announcement

‘YouTube’ TO HOST HOLIDAY WORLD ANNOUNCEMENT

SANTA CLAUS, IN-----The wildly popular YouTube.com website will host a theme park expansion announcement for the first time ever Thursday morning when a Holiday World video is made available on that site.

“We thought it would be fun to make a video and post it on YouTube, detailing what we’re adding to the parks for next year,” says Holiday World & Splashin' Safari president Will Koch. “Happily, we shot the piece in one take.”

Earlier this fall, Koch announced the addition of the Kima Bay water-play complex to Splashin' Safari. He and his mom, Pat Koch, reveal two ride additions for Holiday World plus a few more surprises in the ten-minute video.

The video will be available on YouTube.com beginning at 9:00 am CST (10:00 am EST) Thursday morning, using the title “Holiday World Announcement.” A direct link to the video will be provided on the HoliBlog, the park’s blog, at www.holidayworld.com.

Holiday World & Splashin' Safari will open for the 2008 season in May. For more information, log on to www.holidayworld.com or call 1-877-Go-Family.

UPDATE! 11/29/07

The video is up!

More information on Holiday World's Holiblog:

http://www.holidayworld.com/holiblog/holiblog.html

Ride, fly and bounce in 2008

It's not only Santa who listens to your fondest wishes, we do too! You've asked for a carousel and you'll have one in 2008—in our 4th of July section! With beautiful horses and other lovely creatures to ride, Star Spangled Carousel will put a smile on your little patriot's face.

And in our Christmas section, Rudolph's Reindeer Ranch gets a fun new ride for the little ones. Reindeer Games will give children of all ages the chance to fly up and bounce back down, just like Santa's reindeers do!

And don't forget....

Kima Bay which has been previously announced, will also be opening in 2008!

DESCRIPTION: Kima (KEE-muh) Bay is a huge, monkey-themed waterplay attraction, opening in May 2008 at Splashin' Safari.

FEATURES: Kima Bay will feature seven water slides plus more than 100 water-play elements, including more than 125 water jets. A 1,200-gallon bucket will constantly fill with water, tipping periodically to create a four-story waterfall. A variety of playful monkeys will theme Kima Bay.

SIZE: The Kima Bay structure will measure 83 feet wide by 79 feet deep (front-to-back) by 43 feet tall.

Kima Bay, with surrounding deck area for seating, will take up an area larger than two basketball courts.

Kima Bay, plus a new Pepsi Oasis station and restroom building, will add two acres to Splashin' Safari, increasing the size of the water park to approximately 25 acres.

kb_side.jpg.c99b5c07bdd9e56bce957a15854adaff.jpg

kb_3-4.jpg.e9e00a08cc8053eefa8857d56e0b5ca0.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a smart move, let people see what you're adding for the new year, that way when planning the family vacation, you'll be more likely to include the park that has added a new ride. It's good to see that theme parks a really beginning to accept websites as a good way to advertise. I've noticed just since getting to this site, that some parks that had a rather frosty relationship with the web when I ran my site, have really become accommodating.

For the record, Holiday World was always one of my favorite parks to speak with!

^ I agree. Holiday world has only 1 steel coaster and I wouldn't be too suprised if they added a steel coaster. As for the Youtube announcement, it is a good idea since almost everyone goes on that site. If this works out well, maybe more parks will jump on the bandwagon and announce their new rides on Youtube also!

I highly doubt HW is getting a steel coaster this year as Kima Bay is the largest addition being add this year with a price tag of $1.3 million. Steelies cost at least $3,000,000 and even that will only get you a small Euro-Fighter. I think HW might eventually get a big steel but not for another two to three years at the least. If and when they do get one within a few years, it will probably open on May 6, which will next be in 2017 since Raven, Legend, and Voyage all opened on May 6 in 1995, 2000, and 2006 respectively. But maybe they will break away from that tradition.

My guess is on a small flat ride, maybe a disko, or possibly even some sort of S&S Screamin' Swing, now that would totally rock!

As for posting the video on youtube, thats somewhat smart...I guess, because alot of people go there, and if there video is on the featured list then alot of people would watch it too. I just hope its not some boring lecture on we wanted to add something special, blah blah, and talk forever, cut some ribbon, then show like a small tid bit of ride.

What?! You don't want a boring lecture?

Gosh, I read you enthusiasts all wrong...

If you're familiar with our park and the Koch family, you'll know what to expect. I fully expect those who "get us" to enjoy the announcement ... and those who expect a high-budget, slick piece to say we're "lame."

Paula

Carasuel! In the 4th of july section.

Frog hopper in reindeer ranch area.

Tram in Legend lot.

Raven Maven: clocks will, clocks.

Will; there is one more thing we are adding that people want. that we haven't done.

Pat: a steel coaster!

Will: No, but that will come. They are adding clocks

Ride, fly and

bounce in 2008

It's not only Santa who listens to your fondest wishes, we do too! You've asked for a carousel and you'll have one in 2008—in our 4th of July section! With beautiful horses and other lovely creatures to ride, Star Spangled Carousel will put a smile on your little patriot's face.

Star Spangled Carousel

And in our Christmas section, Rudolph's Reindeer Ranch gets a fun new ride for the little ones. Reindeer Games will give children of all ages the chance to fly up and bounce back down, just like Santa's reindeers do!

Hey Paula, where is the carousel going?

SSCarousel_logo.gif.aa79f941710510b6c6edc2ad22d76020.gif

reindeer_games_logo.gif.df7423b28e47c49e3fc11cc6182a5ab1.gif

Doesn't look like a frog hopper from the picture, but rather one of the Moser mini towers like the one seen here. Frog hoppers have one continuous lap bar across the entire section but the moser models have individual ones. Also they claim a capacity of 10, which this ride version has.

It looks as if Holiday World is in for a wonderful batch of enhancements and additions. It's great that they are paying attention to small things that matter, like the clocks and the tram.

Holiday World was a wonderful place and I can't wait to go back. The water park play structure looks very impressive!

Wow there are so many slides attached onto the play structure I cant follow any of them!

If there's anything that felt like it was missing at Holiday World when I went, a carousel and a water play-area were it. So the Koch's are right on the money with this expansion; they are on their way to becoming even more of a complete and ideal theme park!

bravo!