The Official "TPR Japan Trip 2007" Thread

1/12/08 - MORE Tokyo Disney Photos - Page 89
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Muscle Park

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:01 pm

TheRealTinkerbell wrote:Another thing added to the "Ideas that would fail miserably in America due to the fact it's way too awesome for the States" list.

:cry:

You could also add that several things and/or attractions that we went through and on were toally un-PC to the point of "dangerousness" and totally ripe for US legal lawsuits left and right, that I know more than a few of us on tour immediately questioned, LOL.

And then we went right in there, and rode it! Hah! :airtime:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Love Donkeys!

Postby hamu86 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:06 am

robbalvey wrote:ps. BTW Hamu, I kept trying to contact you a few weeks before we left for Japan, but the email address I had for you kept bouncing!

That's probably because I quit my old job. Now I'm in investment banking and don't have time for such jolliness. Let's see, it's 2:55 AM here and this is about as early as I get home on a weeknight. Weekends aren't that much better.

Except this past weekend. My folks are visiting from the States and they wanted to see a nice snow-capped Mt. Fuji. I took them to spend a night at a fancy traditional inn during an exciting Saturday typhoon, but the next morning was cloudless and perfect. So I convinced my parents to go with me to Fujikyu and take a walk around the park while I tried to get in one Eejanaika ride. I lined up at the back entrance at about 12 minutes to the park opening, behind two dozen or so people, sprinted for Eejanaika, and got on the first train. I was done by 9:03 and so instinctively ran for Dodonpa, which was still shooting test trains. I got on the first train of the day, first row. I was done with that by 9:25, collected the parents and we were out of the park well before 10, on our way to other touristy excitements, including a drive up to station 5 of Mt. Fuji.

I would have liked to get in my third climb of Mt. Fuji of the year at that point, but I didn't have 8-12 hours to spare, nor the equipment to tackle the snow. Except for my climbing boots, which are a fixture in the car.

This was all quite pleasurable by the way. Night all.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby ChrisFL » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:36 pm

ok, Im waiting with baited breath for the next update....

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:40 pm

So am I!

Seriously though, I apologize for the delay...Robb and I just have so much stuff going on with the site right now, and don't forget that he also has a full time job, and we have KT to take care of.

In fact we just cancelled a Thanksgiving Trip so we can try and get caught up on site stuff. :(

There should be a big official Florida update today, then a random Photo TR soon, then back to Japan/Korea updates!

Oh, and don't forget Guy's DVD and the new Roller Coasters in the RAW!!!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby ChrisFL » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:02 pm

SharkTums wrote:In fact we just cancelled a Thanksgiving Trip so we can try and get caught up on site stuff. :(

Ok, now I feel bad

Sorry Elissa I know you have a ton of stuff to take care of, not even considering this message board.

but im always anxious to see pics of DisneySea

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:13 pm

^^I know R&E are very busy, so be patient and you will be rewarded!

In the meantime, there are other great PTRs of the Japan trip you can see. You can also see my videos of the Japan trip on the Video board.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:03 am

Hey everyone!

I do apologize for the delay in the updates. As Elissa said above, we just got caught up in a few things and I had to stop for a bit. Anyway, time to start again!

Today we actually visited THREE parks! We'll cover two of them in this update since it's quite a few photos.

The day started at LaQua for those people who wanted to get a couple more Thunder Dolphin rides and in case someone's flight didn't make it in time for the first visit, they now had the chance to get all the credits in.

All but Linear Gale which didn't open for us this day. :(

Then in was on to Sea Paradise which I wasn't too sure would still hold up as two of their attractions have closed since the last time we were there. Those of you who remember the boat jumpers from the last time we visited...yeah, they are gone now. :(

And the park also lost a credit! The weird mouse coaster they used to have is no longer there.

But Surf Coaster still held up. How that ride is not rough is beyond me! It really was a "surprise of the trip" for the second time for us!

And of course Blue Fall...Wow.....

ok onto some photos! (special thanks to Tom, Mark, Lou, Chris, Dan, Shane, Chuck, and Rich for contibuting photos for this update!)

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby slither37 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:47 am

Great pics and update. Kings Island also used to have the spin and puke barrells. I think you can see it in the episode of the Brady Bunch when stupid Jan lost the bluerprints. Damn her. Did the ride in Japan tilt up?

I agree with you Robb on the icky pepsi in the picture with Kidtums. I think you should institute a no-pepsi rule on future TPR trips. Anyone caught consuming pepsi would be kicked off the trip. Can you imagine how awful a frozen pepsi would taste? Come to think of it, I, personally, can not recall ever seeing frozen pepsi for sale anywhere.

Banned

Postby RIP Psyclone » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:09 am

No one seems to be able to exactly pinpoint why Thunder Dolphin isn't on par with Intamin's other hypers. It almost seems like it wasn't a Stengel design, but it was.

Thanks Robb, this one was long awaited! And what is that I hear coming up? Dodonpa! Dodonpa!

Please Nuderstand This Mozart67. It's Something!

Postby Mozart67 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:49 am

Woohoo! A Japanese update! :b I dunno. Thunder Flipper looks fun anyway. I'd do it in a heartbeat. Blue Fall still looks moderately horrifying, though, and what the stick is up with canning the boat jumpers?? We are so NOT pleased with this. Oh well.
I'm really sorry that you Elissa and KidTums had to cancel your "Indians-save-the-Settlers" trip. If it's any consolation, we are skipping T-Giving for the third year in a row due to our work schedules being diametrically opposed to each other.
Looking forward to more Japan park photo creaminess!

Scott
HeadOn! Apply Directly to when you just don''t feel fresh. Side effects may include drowsiness, explosive belching, cosplay, and death. Use only when directed and when you have an outbreak, have a Coke and a smile!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!