TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR Japan Trip 2007" Thread

They have trends over there just like we do...keep in mind in video game trends they're ahead of us! When DDR was at its peak here in the US (or other places in the world after) it was already on its decline in Japan. Same with Taiko.

Although at Yomiuriland we saw this amazing little 8 year old boy play and it was incredible!!!

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Next park: Hamanako Pal Pal

Yeah, I have no idea what it means either, or even how to exactly pronounce it, but all I know is that it's quite a decent sized park with a fairly major coaster that seems to get overlooked quite often.

Before we visited in 2005 I hadn't known anyone who had ever been here, so we just figured it was some dumpy place and the Manhattan Express/SFGadv Viper mutated Togo coaster must be rough as hell.

Well, the park isn't huge, but it IS really nice....the coaster is actually quite good and overall I really think that if you have a good "half-day" to spend at a park, this one shouldn't be missed. We did Lagunasia and Hamanako Pal Pal both in one day quite easily and I think many people on the trip will agree it was a pretty kick ass day!

On to some photos....and a little video of Mega Coaster that I shot last time we visited, but if you missed it the first time around, this will give you a good idea what the coaster is like!

Enjoy!

megacoaster.wmv

Here is the video of Mega Coaster we shot during our last visit. As you can see, it's a decent ride!!! For a Togo death machine!!!!

palpal_falafel03.jpg.b5cf713da1fdb2ad5a121cd9d405cc0a.jpg

When we got to Tokyo, the hotel and My Melody were very happy to see us! More photos coming soon!

Photo by Falafel in a kilt

palpal_dan01.jpg.b3635a41d1834c5a9750d82f3d2fe273.jpg

That night we traveled back to Tokyo and we got to stop in a station where we saw Nozomi trains fly through at like 957 thousand miles per hour! (Ok, that's just a *slight* exaggeration!) =)

palpal_cfc09.jpg.fcc97b5a662a6ceaeb7352282819d8b3.jpg

But it's cool cause there are Donkey puppets! TPR REPRESENT!!!

Photo by that cfc dude

palpal_cfc08.jpg.aa740e926fe74a213e528986d4308c22.jpg

And of course there is a wacky Japanese dark ride here. It's like Pinocchio meets a horror movie!

Photo by Mr. Chuck the cfc

palpal_cfc03.jpg.15e56187ccf5711e419cdfb7093007ab.jpg

This is still one of my favorite theme park signs in all of Japan!

palpal22.jpg.aa62823efdd9223ea8ac429ed80612db.jpg

The more coins that fall down, the farther you get to play into Super Mario Bros 3. And the better you do at the game, the more coins come raining down, and the more random Japanese stuff you win! It's completely AWESOME!!!!

palpal21.jpg.706b450e8a6a2a4986fa2d18a29dd5f0.jpg

It's like part pachinko machine and part one of those "coin pusher machines."

palpal20.jpg.f1265c6832906f3a3ccc647588a7297b.jpg

Have you been wondering where Elissa has been this whole time? She's in the Pal Pal arcade (one of the coolest theme park arcades anywhere, BTW) and she's found this awesome "Super Mario Bros. 3" coin machine...

palpal_chris01.jpg.f0f656e92af2dfd1417005322a4ef113.jpg

"I just got raped by a mouse!"

Photo by Chris F.

palpal_falafel01.jpg.727758dd9804f9b0cc1647ee89bcafcf.jpg

Falafel versus the Gay Pride staircase! Falafel WINS!!!

Photo by Falafel

palpal_chris02.jpg.6004246b345712c046f46a1b4d57eac0.jpg

"I'm flying....just like Mary Poppins!!!"

Photo by Chris F.

palpal_cfc07.jpg.bcda1548c40ab9eec8e07a4ed11f9b67.jpg

Yeah, I think they figured it out! =)

Photo by Chuck cfc

palpal_cfc06.jpg.e242dd563c98b891f2ecc1f02c2a41bb.jpg

You guys know you're about to get totally screwed right?

Photo by Chuck cfc

palpal12.jpg.f4c600fa731e549db46caf42656952bb.jpg

The closest thing you're gonna get to Mr. Toad's in this place.

palpal15.jpg.2caa954900202f68db90e9b6241f55a8.jpg

"Yo man...me and my eskimo homies we just be chillin' in the igloo..."

palpal13.jpg.c9d8c9ffad7c2da2c8ae2777cf2031e9.jpg

I'll hold 'em down....you take 'em out O.J. style.

palpal14.jpg.e5bb2b8823a2f2a76aa26d325ed03f82.jpg

One by one they steal Jahan's sanity....

palpal11.jpg.88029a846cee71f3c685abd973aafbac.jpg

Photo of scary Togo flat ride with Swedish guy riding...CHECK!

palpal10.jpg.0552d4ce89267c9525275dd4c7c4cb6f.jpg

Aerial skyway photo...CHECK!

palpal09.jpg.2c8c2a58262bbfa232b1a1aa137de81d.jpg

A look of orgasm or pain. You figure it out!

palpal05.jpg.b5a30fabf56dbf36c75d8ef356b8bfbf.jpg

Dan versus the clowned themed BatFlyer. Clown scores 1 point.

palpal06.jpg.040888cc444f90fc8d38fe66d85d8e5c.jpg

I don't know what this sign means. "Beware of speeding embryos?" No idea.

palpal03.jpg.57010cc642600e762e9fd5e27d0d9fd2.jpg

For some reason Mega Coaster was actually pretty good! There were a few rough spots, but overall this was a totally fun ride! It's like both bad parts from the other coasters clash together and create a decent ride! Weird.

palpal19.jpg.ef919df201c62f891c2fcc2f68625dbb.jpg

...and this element from Great Adventure's Viper...both which HURT quite a bit...

palpal18.jpg.eb4bdfc5be367b89e14a42de752295e5.jpg

So while it has this element from Manhattan Express....

palpal01.jpg.77a36af3d299c4b632b261092a566ba2.jpg

And there goes the TPR crew to brave "Mega Coaster."

palpal_cfc01.jpg.88addf7a160a9ede49dc24e7d8c96b0c.jpg

Arriving at Pal Pal one of the first things you see is something that looks just like something else that REALLY hurt...a LOT!

Photo by Chuck "cfc"

Ah, Hamanako Pal Pal.

Too bad their Haunted walk-through was "closed for the season." If it was anything like their dark ride was (WTF) it would have been something, lol.

But, and I really have to repeat it again, having said it in my own trip report...

V V V V V

The Best - Togo - Flat Ride - Of Death - EVER.

V V V V V

I so want one of these at my own crappy little home park.

Plplplplplplease Playland???

E_05Paratrooper_HamanakoPalPal.jpg.85dc2db6dea7d3fac70a1bc2b5183a77.jpg

Sigh. Rode this wonderful thing four times, I think. But I got no over-and-over 360's. Like Au$$ie Rich did, without (or with) a riding partner!

This park did rock, and that mouse was insane. I really think at some points on the track it was only on two wheels. And we cannot forget about the insane Togo Flat Ride Of Death. I've never seen one of these anywhere else, and I must say that it was one of the best flat rides I have ever been on.

dt

V V V V V

The Best - Scary - Togo - Flat Ride - EVER.

V V V V V

Dear lord WHAT IS THAT THING?? I looks like A paratrooper & an enterprise had crazy wicked sex and that's what happened!

You know, I think Hamanako Pal Pal could also be known as "The park for the illegitimate children of park rides". They've got the child of Manhattan Express & Viper, the offspring of a Paratrooper and an Enterprise; and a ride based on The Magic Kingdom (vaguely) and

^That drop hardly dampened me at all, but I was riding solo.

Pal Pal was a cool little park. I even liked the Togo Flat Ride of Death, and I'm not crazy about flats. Lobster Pinocchio rules!

Oh and by the way, the sign of the 'speeding embryo (lol)' actually says 'caution, sudden stops'

Yes, we knew that...as it was at the brake run of the Mouse.. The "joke" of it was that it was a funny sign taken out of context and could mean something else. Of course, you have now ruined that joke, thanks!

--Robb "Yes, We know you speak some Japanese, you don't have to constantly try to prove that to us..." Alvey

Oh and by the way, the sign of the 'speeding embryo (lol)' actually says 'caution, sudden stops'

Yes, we knew that...as it was at the brake run of the Mouse.. The "joke" of it was that it was a funny sign taken out of context and could mean something else. Of course, you have now ruined that joke, thanks!

--Robb "Yes, We know you speak some Japanese, you don't have to constantly try to prove that to us..." Alvey

Oops sorry my mistake! I tought you were serious about not knowing what it meant.

I know that Togo Entertrooper thingy! Well..sort of. Royal American used to have a midway ride named Force 10, which ran for maybe a season or two before people began complaning of ride-induced injuries like decapitation or loose bowels..seriosuly, there were some whiplash incidents. Anyway, it was an Enterprise but with side-by-side seating and no protective overshell, and at some point, you did pull 10 G's. (I couldnt find a barfy smiley for that..)

Togo has such weird things. America needs a good dose of Japanese weirdness, if not just to alienate and scare the NASCAR legions.

Mozart

Personally, I would keep the Japanese weirdness in Japan so they can have something unique that would make my 40 park dream trip to Japan worthwile. (Believe it or not, thay have about 120 or so operating parks.) Besides, there is only one Senyo Kogyo Coaster in North America... and it's in Mexico. But with a top speed of over 50 mph going right into some small hills (I would like to say about 30 feet tall) that thing should produce major airtime.

Personally, I would keep the Japanese weirdness in Japan so they can have something unique that would make my 40 park dream trip to Japan worthwile. (Believe it or not, thay have about 120 or so operating parks.)

Trust me, I believe it. We've looked on RCDB too and remember we've been to about 40 of them!

Besides, there is only one Senyo Kogyo Coaster in North America... and it's in Mexico. But with a top speed of over 50 mph going right into some small hills (I would like to say about 30 feet tall) that thing should produce major airtime.

I wouldn't be so sure about it producing airtime. I've been on quite a few of the Senyo coasters and they all pretty much seem to be designed as "big mine trains." Places where it looks like you are going to get massive airtime you just kind of gently float, if you even float at all.

They seem to be experts at producing massive looking rides that basically "do nothing."

I think there must be about 50 of these types of "Jet Coasters" all over Japan that are really a lot of "fun" but don't really do much in the way of forces or airtime.

But trust me, all the other Japanese wackyness makes up for the lack of really exciting coasters!

--Robb