The Official "TPR Japan Trip 2007" Thread

1/12/08 - MORE Tokyo Disney Photos - Page 89
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Banned

Postby RIP Psyclone » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:35 pm

Is it just me, does it just appear that way, or does the full/full element not even invert you once?

A knight who says NI!

Postby Purplepills » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:28 am

It does look pretty rough from the video, mind you I did like the commentary, made me laugh!

I've wondered whether peoples size, height, and stuff like that effects the ride enough to make it smooth for one person yet rough for another (headbanging on OTSR's anyone?). Granted different parts of the train will give different rides, but I'm sure peoples physical shape must also contribute to it.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby twistedmickey » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:50 am

Robb, you look pissed after that ride. I would be too!!!! It looks like riding a blender. UGH!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:01 am

^ or a badly-made cocktail...

Shaken -

not stirred.

A lot.

;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Donald Duck...

Postby SteveC » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:37 am

thrillerman1 wrote:. Plus, I did get to experience another one of those "flat rides of death" I've never seen in the states...Moonraker...

I was on Moonraker when it broke down and I got an 'exclusive fastpass' -(well me and 9 others on the ride at the time but that seems nearly exclusive to me), which I have kept as a souvenir, obviously. ;)

I did find the park very ghetto in comparison to everything else Japan, but I am close to calling Fujiyama my top 'fun to ride' coaster of the trip....in fact I will.

Fujiyama was my TOP FUN coaster of the trip. Yay =)

Steve-C

TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:59 am

I watched that video twice to get a real good look. My conclusion:

Eejanaika = Failure

Surely someone out there can make this concept work smoothly.

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

Puts his hand in vomit

Postby abgould » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:01 am

Nrthwnd wrote:Yep.

That's about how it went for myself.

I was on the opposite side as you were, Robb. Other end of that row.

Not the same time of course, which would have made for some really great stereo cursing for Ginny, LOLOLOL!

But at least I know I felt it the same as you, lol.

And Ryan thought I'd cry like a liddle girl - HAH!

I screamed more blue stuff than I think he thought I knew possible, hee hee.

:b :devil: :b

Thanks for putting the vid together, Robb. Instant memory renewal, ha ha.

It was one of the few coasters I have ridden that I felt the need to hold on. My bottom half kept sliding around.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:03 pm

Today we visited Parque Espana. BTW, I have posted a POV video of Pyrenees, the park's B&M invert in our "Members Only" section here:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... p?p=464369

Some of you may remember our visit to Parque Espana in 2004 during the typhoon. If you haven't seen that video, downloaded it HERE! It's one of our best videos, IMO!

Anyway, during this visit we didn't have a typhoon! Yay! And we got to experience a few more rides than our last visit, includuing the totally whacked out "Musical Circus." At some point I'll post a POV of that ride too. It NEEDS to be seen! Anyway, onto a few pics....
parque_espana01.jpg
Now that we're a few days into the trip, it's harder and harder to get up early in the morning! Elissa and KidTums lay there, practically dead!
parque_espana02.jpg
In Japan you have to connect your computer to the "lard line." You get really fast internet service, but that crap is really sticky and gets all over your hands!
parque_espana05.jpg
Our day starts with some ERT on Pyrenees! Dan is happy because there isn't a typhoon outside to get him wet.
parque_espana03.jpg
First drop on Pyrenees. Wave hello to that psycho Mack mine train down below!
parque_espana07.jpg
They seem to like Pyrenees, but just wait..."Musical Circus" still awaits you.
parque_espana04.jpg
Some Zero-G awesomeness.
parque_espana08.jpg
Forget the coasters, everyone agrees this is the HOTTEST chick in the whole damn park!!! (The one inbetween Dan & Joey...just in case you couldn't tell....wow, that kind sounded gross...I didn't mean in between Dan and Joey like IN BETWEEN them, but....nevermind, I'm going to stop now....)
parque_espana09.jpg
Bullfight coaster - Still totally messed up!
parque_espana11.jpg
Mmm...Pyrenees....and this Mack Mine train is totally insane too!!! This is a park with two REALLY good coasters!
parque_espana12.jpg
A little bit more of Pyrenees for you.
pyrenees.jpg
And one more, including the sign, in case you forgot the name of the ride.

Photo by Joey "Jew" Mandel
musical0.jpg
So now we come to "Musical Circus." For those of you who remember our last visit to Parque Espana, the "Escalator Ride" was probably the most bizarre thing we experienced in the park (see video linked above), but this time around, the Escalator Ride would seem quite normal compared to Musical Circus.

parque_espana13.jpg
First off, they give you 3D glasses and tell you it's a 3D movie (which is why we didn't bother with the ride the last time we were at the park), but it turns out, it's really NOT a 3D movie. In fact, very little of the ride is in 3D!
(Yes, that is some random Japanese person there who decided to hang out with our group!)
parque_espana14.jpg
You enter the pre-show room where you are told a story by these really happy tree animals. It doesn't matter that it's all in Japanese. It's just so bizarre and messed up that it works prefectly!
parque_espana15.jpg
This "look" explains it all!
parque_espana16.jpg
Then you board this circular "ride vehicle" which rotates around a show scene, then descends down to the "lower level" where you move along a slow track and then up to the next show scene.
musical1.jpg
The ride was very hard to photograph since you couldn't use a flash, but there is LOT of very happy Japenese animals that play and want to invite you into their very good time.

musical2.jpg
Then after riding through the "star field" section you arrive at these SPOOKY GUYS! But even though they are scary and spooky, they also seem to want to party and invite you into their good times!

parque_espana24.jpg
Then you head back to the happy animals and you have a "Happy Animal Dance Party!!!"

Yeah, it sounds totally random but it's SOOO COOOL!!!! And given that you're on the most bizarre ride system ever just adds to it! I'll post the video at some point. It NEEDS to be seen!
parque_espana17.jpg
Pizza with eggs...makes Dan happy!
parque_espana20.jpg
We also finally got to do the boat ride. It was decent. Have a really cool "secret drop", but overall after Musical Circus nothing came close!
parque_espana21.jpg
And finally, we leave you with a photo of the Escalator Ride. Still cool, but after Muscial Circus it just seemed "So last year."

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby ms13 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:19 pm

Oh god, pizza with eggs. :shockr:

Looks interesting.
Anyway, fun update.
That ride looks messed up, but fun.
But better than the esculator ride? :?r

I have to see the video.
Here's hoping a video comes, cause the last one was great.

Full Fledged Katonga Enthusiast

Postby Scaparri » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:32 pm

I think I just threw up a little...

I definitely wish I had the money to go on this trip. What I'd give to go to a country with so many weird quirks.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!