TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR 2008 Trips! Download the flyers here!

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to an Australian Trip?

Oh well, maybe in 2009...

Really there is nothing worth while over here at the moment, it would take only two days to do both parks. That a long way to come.

Not saying our parks are bad, they are just not World Class

Do we get any sort of confirmation E-Mail from the Alveys to say that they have received our deposits?

If you do, then why do I not seem to have one (unless they'll send us one after the Japan trip, whenever that finishes)?

If they don't, then how do we know our deposits got through alright?

Thankyou.

Mike.

The deadline for the 2008 tours' deposits is Sept.28, this Friday.

After that date, Elissa and Robb will work out everything, and you will be notified by email as to whether you are on the tour or on the waiting list, etc.

It can be a bit nervewracking I know - I (and others) went thru this in 2005, when the UK 2006 Tour was first offered. The Japan Tour offered last year was no different. A bit of anxiety I felt (A BIT???), but then E&R notified me accordingly, and all was well.

And the Japan Tour of course, went fanOMGtastic.

Just have patience. Only a few more days for the deadline, and then I'm sure they'll be on it in the following weeks, letting everybody know, etc.

^ Probably two coach busses full, if I'm not mistaken? So that would put the total number on that tour, over 100 .

That's the possibility of the Europe trip as well, being a two-coach tour - or maybe a "double decker bus" I remember being mentioned?

Its been said they will never go above 100 people again for any trip. But the suspense is killing me of if I get to be one of the lucky few to go

As that information is not ready to be released yet do I also take it it is too soon to speculate on the other parks and rides that are not listed in the flyers??

Pictures on the web of a bird with a hat releasing green goo into the wide open mouth of an alligator is one thing, but actually riding a coaster that farts on you is another that I dearly want to partake in :]

dog_fart_coaster.jpg.bcf752e4a9ada9544aaf65aa61d20172.jpg

:]

http://bonbon.net.dynamicweb.dk/Files/Billeder/Andre%20Billeder/hundeprut.jpg

As that information is not ready to be released yet do I also take it it is too soon to speculate on the other parks and rides that are not listed in the flyers??

You are correct in assuming that.

Patience.

Hey everyone! Here is a bit of news about our 2008 trips!

First off, we want to thank everyone who has sent in their deposits so far. At the moment we are about 20 spots away from filling the 2 busses for the Europe trip and we are at one full bus for the East Coast trip.

Since there has been a lot of interest in our 2008 China & Tokyo trips we have decided to extend the deposit deadline for ALL TRIPS until October 28th, 2007 to give people enough time to decide between Europe, East Coast, China, and Tokyo once we have announced the details of the China & Tokyo trips.

Having said that, please expect an announcement within the next two weeks about the following trips:

- China 2008

- Tokyo 2008

- Mini-South Korea 2008 (2-Day add-on to visit Lotte World and the new Intamin woodie at Everland)

We have decided not to do a Texas trip in 2008 but look for that trip to happen sometime in the near future.

To help answer all your questions we will host TWO "TPR 2008 Trips Chats" on Sunday, September 30th. One at 11am and one at 5pm PST. Elissa and I will be available live in the chat room to discuss next year's TPR trips.

Although the deadlines have been extended, please be sure to get your deposits in ASAP! It really helps us decide how many busses and what kind of perks we can get once we know how many people are serious about joining a trip.

So if you haven't gotten your deposit in, please do it soon!

Thanks again and we hope to see you on a TPR trip in 2008!

--Robb Alvey

I have a question. I would love to, but as of now, can't go on the Eastcoast trip. But I could possibly meet up at 1 or 2 parks. SFGAv definately being one of them. Is it possible to pay for just one day of food and ERT?

-Dainan "Sorry if I'm being a pain in the ass" Rafferty

^ We do not make one-day events available during our trips, sorry. You are always more than welcome to come join us on that day on your own dime, but you will not be able to be involved with any park perks, meals, etc.

Also, one thing I would note is that for those of you wanting to meet up with the group for a day or two, what we have noticed is that it's kind of difficult to "fit in" with the group as by the time someone meets up, the participants have already made friends and formed into groups and people are doing their own thing. Elissa and I are usually pretty busy with the current participants that it's very difficult for us to meet up with someone on the side.

Please remember that a TPR trip is VERY different from an ACE or park sponsered event where each day is it's own seperate entity. A TPR trip is like "Summer Camp For Adults" and it's not always the easist thing to "meet up for a day."

Not trying to sound rude or anything, but it's just what we've noticed over the past two years when someone who is not on the entire trip wants to meet for a short amount of time.

We welcome people to come meet up with us, however you really would be mostly "on your own" for the day.

--Robb

Allright, thanks, and I understand. But like I said, as of this moment. I'll see, and if it doesn't work, it's only one day out of a park I practically live at! There are some people I know that are going anyway, so I assume I'll just be with them .

-Dainan "Maybe something will pull through at the last minute to get me on the trip...doubt it though" Rafferty

We welcome people to come meet up with us, however you really would be mostly "on your own" for the day.

Or you could follow Robb and Co. around the park for the entire day and just stalk them, hee hee hee.

Not that I'm suggesting anything like that...

Or you could follow Robb and Co. around the park for the entire day and just stalk them, hee hee hee.

Not that I'm suggesting anything like that...

Yeah, I think we've had our fill of that over the past two years!

--Robb "Remember, we are on our vacation too!" Alvey

Hey Robb I don't know if you know this yet but from what I've heard from a fellow ACEr that SFNE's Superman Ride Of Steel coaster as of now is closed indefinitely or until Six Flags decides to bring it back into operation but who knows how long that'll be because take a look at how long X was down at SFMM but you never know they might bring it back into operation before the trip.

OH MY GOD!!!

Really, from all accounts that I've heard, S:RoS has been running since the 16th. It was definitely in a state of SBNO for awhile (OMG fanbois!)...but the "willie wonka award" has miraculously resurrected it.

(Midwesters have pwned the East Coast.)

Well at least the number 1 coaster will hopefully be up and running because I'm actually thinking I might come to this event but the only problem is I don't have a clue how I'm going to save up about $4500 (that's including airfare as well) for this trip because there is no way I'm going to sit in coach for 9.5 hours to fly from Vancouver to Philadelphia in a sardine can. Also I would like to come badly because as you can see my coaster count is pretty much non-existent right now and if I come to this trip my coaster count will be a heck of a lot bigger.

Robb, please don't forget that 5pm PST is 1am in the UK/Ireland and worse on the continent - in other words, not a runner on a work night. I'll be there in spirit though

1am?

Damn, looks like I won't be in the chat either then.

Also, putting back the deadline sucks, because now they'll be even less chance of me going on the trip, and now I'll be getting more anxious.

Robb, please don't forget that 5pm PST is 1am in the UK/Ireland and worse on the continent - in other words, not a runner on a work night. I'll be there in spirit though

1am?

Damn, looks like I won't be in the chat either then.

Mike, Noxegon Robb will almost definitely post a transcript for those of us who will not be able to make the chat.

Also, putting back the deadline sucks, because now they'll be even less chance of me going on the trip, and now I'll be getting more anxious.

Don't worry Mike at worst you'll be on the waiting list. There always people who drop out so there's a good chance you'll still get on the Trip. Robb and Elissa hate turning people away. They always work very hard to make sure that everyone who wants to go on a TPR trip gets on one.