Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 422: Stinger being removed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The first, the last, and forevermore

Postby V2-dude » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:17 pm

Sounds like typical CF to me, CP is supposed to be the second oldest park in the nation, yet there is nothing historical looking in it.
Why is it that every impulse I ride valleys?

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:34 am

^^ They actually love another thing - profits, which makes their moves understandable from a money sense. I just hate how they do it all though. Moneywise I guess it is all good, but I can't call it good business just because they kill the charm of parks.

The Dumbest Dinosaur Ever!

Location: The center of the human brain... WOW THIS PLACE IS EMPTY!

Postby dragoncoaster1292 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:48 am

To think, I was going to go there instead of Knoebels this summer! *punches himself* Ow!
Xbox 360 Gamertag: invadercheese92

PEEKABOO!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby GAcoaster » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:01 am

Wes41190 wrote:Cedar Fair loves two things: Trashcans and forceless B&M's.

Don't forget concrete...acres and acres of concrete... :roll:

Cats are the best thing since bottled water

Postby MattJackson » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:46 am

Wow, I don't think Dorney tearing down an old building for profit is a reason not to go at all, that really confuses the heck out of me, do people go for a fun time at a park, or to look at old buildings? Want old history? look at Thunderhawk. The thing is ancient, but one of my favorites at Dorney. Pennsylvania is one of the most historic states in America, and I don't think Allentown is the only city with history.

I think some people are overreacting over something they wouldn't have noticed if it were still there, the spot went from something that would've been ignored by most, and became a place where people will but lunch.

Any it was in the middle of a theme park, which is a buisness that only effectively makes money by moving on with the future, out with the old, in with the new. I think it was a good move on the park.

Besides, I don't think bashing Dorney will bring them back.

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:53 am

We aren't bashing Dorney, we are bashing Cedar Fair. And you are right, bashing them won't bring anything back.

I love Dorney Park, but I hate Cedar Fair and what they have done with the park. I respect people that don't mind history going away as long as they respect the people that care about the history. And it isn't the fact that they got rid of it to save money on maintenence, it is the line that they threw in about "No historical value". That is the thing that really burns me. I realize that a lot of the million people that visit the park every year aren't really interested in the history of the park, but the locals and the people who have gone to the park for a long time hate to see things like this happen.

Cedar Fair parks just don't have any character.

Mr. Ott's insides are probably eatting him up.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby NewsPlusNotes » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:01 am

There are signs up at the park advertising Voodoo for 2008.

Interesting logo, eh? I'll put up more construction pics later when I have time.

Mike
NewsPlusNotes
Voodoo1.jpg
Last edited by larrygator on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:30 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:07 am

That's pretty cool. Can't wait to ride it next year!
Total: 240 | Steel: 183 | Wooden: 57

Last Coaster Ridden: Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion on August 24, 2018.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby yankees15 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:15 am

That's a pretty good name for the ride IMO. If those are the colors then they should be really good. They remind me of Medusa. I wounder when the park will officially announce the ride.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby coasterbilly » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:24 am

VERY pumped for this ride, I've always wanted an impulse close to home, it's about time signs have been put up. Plus, we have a piece of GL in our history now, which is exciting, can't wait to see more on this, i'll be at Dorney next saturday too, so I'll see what I can get!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!