TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark 2008 - 'Lost meets the Maverick thread'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I call BS on the video. If Nantimi were a real HP client, they would have:

a) The actual video

b) Wouldn't be stupid enough to release it simply because you don't piss of your clients like that.

Besides, the ride was far too huge for HP, and let's not forget they ALREADY have a rocket coaster. My bet is something from Intamin without a launch (or, if they do, something smaller and more like Maverick). I could be wrong, but my gut says that it at least will be nothing like that video.

Regarding the picture: I think this might be where the 2 dont fit, comes into play. cause Wes's piece really doesnt fit with it being upside down, it almost seems like it came from a different image. Maybe later Nantimi will email ( correction) pictures to replace those spots, or they could just be left blank in the end result.

Regarding the video: I dont think that is quite what HP would be getting, they do have storm runner you know! it might however be something to try and throw us off guard, or make us think it would look like that. But in all honesty i dont know what to think of something made in NL, cause anyone has access to NL.

I also don't get why they would send out the video when the puzzle isn't even complete. I mean, if the video is legit, wouldn't showing the coaster in video form kind of defeat the purpose of trying to figure out still coaster pictures? Unless the entire purpose of the puzzle is that line of words that run through the middle.

Come on, Nantimi. Don't stretch yourself so thin.

BS on the video, it looks like someone was just messing around with NL and decided to make that for no apparent reason, and call it the HP beta version.

1) The ride is WAY too big

2) The twisted element with that twisted drop after it looks like it would just about kill you

3)If your a client of someones with "top secret" info, you dont release it like 7 days earlier

4) That video looks like a freakin kindergarden kid idea, I mean if its a professional video, you dont use windows video player to edit it

5) If you were releasing a pro video you dont add flashy colors you go with a more professional approach.

Anyways, to me on the pics, some actually seem to be in the wrong place, try flipping a few around and see what happens.

2) The twisted element with that twisted drop after it looks like it would just about kill you.

Not only that, but it's WAY under supported. I know it's only a simulation, but the supports are usually accurate in simulations, or if they aren't exactly right, they are in the right general area. Look at Behemoth's artwork and videos, it's supports are all accurate..

^^ (edit:added another arrow since Natalie is too fast) I doubt it.. On some forums they are still amazed that the web address had iiiiiiiii's... Ive been checking out all of the related coaster boards mentioned by nantimi and TPR is way ahead.. I'm pretty sure they are all just copying the grid from here.

But yeah.. BS video.

Again, I'm predicting family Intamin. They don't need another huge rocket coaster, seeing as they have one of (if not the) best in the world. The video is BS, as Hershey will peobably not be going that big. Nantimi is BS put out by Hershey to confuse the hell out of the coaster community.

You know that wes' pic is upside-down. It's a banked turn, not a curving drop. Therefore, it makes absolutely no sense in that spot. Obviously, it could very well be Wes messing with you, but if he isn't, it's in the wrong spot.

Maybe I di go a little crazy on my opinion with the vid, but maybe this could provide us with a little more evidence to prove that this site is a fake. Right now I have no idea which means I have a border line opinion. Maybe the info we're getting is all fake, but it makes me wonder why someone would go through all this trouble and making all of this. I mean there's blogs, detailed graphics, a video, puzzle contest (or something like it) and hints on almost everything, but it make me wonder about that wierd backwards Z mark.

EDIT: We do know that sometimes Wes likes to poke a little fun at us (no offense Wes), but it has to be a part of the puzzle, just a small picture for it.

^^ (edit:added another arrow since Natalie is too fast)

Hah, I had to do the same thing. Only, two or three people beat me, so I just added the quote. Too many ^s can be confusing. :)

wrote:

Again, I'm predicting family Intamin. They don't need another huge rocket coaster, seeing as they have one of (if not the) best in the world.

I don't think it's going to launch - my money is 100% on a vertical lift though. I also and putting money on a more than vertical drop.

-Natalie "I like to edit ALL of my posts" Visage

I put my money on a Millenium Force lift, or a Maverick lift/launch, for I do not see a vertical lift going in, I mean think about the seats, I dont see much comfort in them, sure they can go over 90 degrees, but there only there for a short amount of time, and being its Intamin I almost expect a launch/lift Maverick or Millenium style, and I do expect a 95 degree drop on this one to, I expect this ride to be a "Better-Than-Maverick-With-Maverick-Features" on this ride, and I think it'd be cool if they did a JoJo roll on this ride.