TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark 2008 - 'Lost meets the Maverick thread'

Wow, that perfect 10 and "diving score" theory makes sense. I have a feeling it'll be a dive machine, it's most likely to be a B&M because of the contract for 2 coasters, a dive machine can fit into a relatively small footprint compared to larger B&M coaster types too.

A US park other than Busch hasn't built one yet so I'm hoping this is what's happening.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm changing my original thoughts on the new ride. I don't belive the coaster will have the most inversions in the world either. This is why, when Hershey announced Storm Runner they mentioned about "a perfect ten".

HERSHEY, PA – The world’s first hydraulic launch coaster, featuring inversions, will race into HERSHEYPARK for the 2004 season, bringing the Park’s herd of roller coasters to a perfect ten
I think this rules out the most inversions because they are just building on the last coaster. Also the "H" in Hersheypark on the sign on the Western Chute Out looks like and arrow pointing down. I believe this is a hint at a B&M dive machine. Man I cannot wait for the announcement!

^Matteo, Hershey Park is roughly the size of SFKK, to compare to.

Actually, that Dive Machine theory makes sense. I'm not sure about it being themed to diving, but it's true. Whats better than 10 coasters? 11!

So maybe it wont have the most inversion, but it'll bring 11 coasters to the park. I hope it isnt a clone though, maybe it'll just one-up Griffon and have the most inversions (and something besides an immelmann)

Hopefully it'll be something good!

^^Here's a park map with all the approximate areas of the sitings of the markers. Here's where all of them have been spotted...

-Minetown

-Around the Claw

-Possibly behind the Claw in the parking lot.

-All around Western Chute Out

- Behind Canyon River Rapids near the Railroad Crossing.

-By Tidal Force

-There's also been talk about seeing them also out by the Merry Derry Dip Fun Slides.

If anyone sees any in the area near Trailblazer, then this coaster could have a very long circuit. It also seem likely that this ride could have a height near or over 200ft.

I wonder how it would be for a diving machine to do a zero-g-roll, loop, or corkscrew?

Hp map.zip

The map is in a .zip folder and the map is a .bmp file. Didn't upload it because of it's size.

This is great news. I am supposed to be making a trip to PA in June to visit relatives. HP was already a must go, but this makes it way better.

Isn't one of the possible trips next year an east coast one with Hershey on it?

What better way to attract more people to go on the trip.

Ccron10, thank you for marking the map, though it can't POSSIBLY be that big... can it?

I mean, I'm not good with perspective, so I have no idea what something like SFOG's Goliath or SFNE's S:ROS would look like in that context, but that's practically the size of the entire park.

Could it be that there are survey-marks for more than one thing? They're supposedly moving the Mouse to where Chute Out is, could some of those marks be where they might be relocating some of the other rides/stands? I dunno, do parks usually mark where they'll be moving stuff, or do they only mark the new ride itself?

I anxiously await this. Come on B&M Hyper!

Hmm. . if this is indeed a Dive Machine than that means the Busch contract has expired. If that's true, than I'd be willing to bet we'll be seeing a lot more Dive Machines pretty soon. However, I find it more likely that this is a hyper coaster. A B&M hyper would be a great addition to Hershey, and it would be better than most others simply because of the way Hershey can cram rides in. For this very same reason, I believe a B&M flyer is a possibility. Interactivity with anything makes a flyer a better ride and this thing would be everywhere. I think one of the few things we do know is that its a B&M, but because of Stormrunner's success it could also be an Intamin. Its a bit early at this point to tell.

Ccron10, thank you for marking the map, though it can't POSSIBLY be that big... can it?

I mean, I'm not good with perspective, so I have no idea what something like SFOG's Goliath or SFNE's S:ROS would look like in that context, but that's practically the size of the entire park.

Could it be that there are survey-marks for more than one thing? They're supposedly moving the Mouse to where Chute Out is, could some of those marks be where they might be relocating some of the other rides/stands? I dunno, do parks usually mark where they'll be moving stuff, or do they only mark the new ride itself?

I anxiously await this. Come on B&M Hyper!

The real map is a tad bigger, I just modified it to focus on the area of development.

They aren't moving Wild Mouse because of it's foundation.

Hmm. . if this is indeed a Dive Machine than that means the Busch contract has expired. If that's true, than I'd be willing to bet we'll be seeing a lot more Dive Machines pretty soon. However, I find it more likely that this is a hyper coaster. A B&M hyper would be a great addition to Hershey, and it would be better than most others simply because of the way Hershey can cram rides in. For this very same reason, I believe a B&M flyer is a possibility. Interactivity with anything makes a flyer a better ride and this thing would be everywhere. I think one of the few things we do know is that its a B&M, but because of Stormrunner's success it could also be an Intamin. Its a bit early at this point to tell.

I did some research to find evidence on that contract ever existing and I found nothing! So a dive machine could be possible.

I'm still leaning against a hyper or a dive machine because the park and township never had a meeting for zoning permit of something that tall. I'm also thinking against B&M at this point based on price. As much as the park and guests love Great Bear, I can't see them adding another B&M major investment right after their 100 years waterpark expansion. Thus I'm still hoping for an Intamin, as they are usually much cheaper than B&Ms AND the park has good experience with Storm Runner. And based on the "perfect 10" hints, I'm shooting for a 10+ inversion multilooper, though would be quite content with something smaller with a Maverick drop and a few inversions and hills. Whatever it is, I really don't think it's going to be all over the park, more centralized around the Western Chute Out/arcade area.

^^Here's a park map with all the approximate areas of the sitings of the markers. Here's where all of them have been spotted...

-Minetown

-Around the Claw

-Possibly behind the Claw in the parking lot.

-All around Western Chute Out

- Behind Canyon River Rapids near the Railroad Crossing.

-By Tidal Force

-There's also been talk about seeing them also out by the Merry Derry Dip Fun Slides.

If anyone sees any in the area near Trailblazer, then this coaster could have a very long circuit. It also seem likely that this ride could have a height near or over 200ft.

I wonder how it would be for a diving machine to do a zero-g-roll, loop, or corkscrew?

Parking lot Stand Up Floorless Launched 300ft Dive Machine.

//Case closed

But really I can't wait to see what it is.

Never did I think a post over at ThrillNetwork could dig up a little spoonful of info. Supposedly, some suits called "Nantimi" were over at Hershey yesterday. A link was posted to a web design company that has a deal with Hershey, probably to do website design for the announcement.

http://nantimi.com/

NANTIMI ANNOUNCES MAJOR DEAL WITH HERSHEYPARK

Nantimi Design will conceptualize and execute website creative for the 2008 attraction at Hersheypark. Executives at Hershey Entertainment & Resorts have disclosed branding initiatives though project design and specifications remain proprietary. Initial estimates put the project at $12.1 million.

So, I think this rules as a huge new ride by now. Keep speculating guys, we know this "Nantimi" company is a cover up for "Intamin" .

^Looks like it would be spelled Intamin, but the words are jumbled up, but that could be coincidence just like there being a serveying mark that says B/M, but it's actually benchmark.

Look, all I'm going to say is the evidence is all out there, you just need to put the pieces together.