TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark 2008 - 'Lost meets the Maverick thread'

What if they got a Screamin Squirrel? I remember they wanted to build the frequent faller back in 05, but it got canceled after Interactive Rides wanted X amount million more. As much as I'd like to see a new mega looper, I think they will use a bunch of barrel rolls to boost the count. If that is the case, then I'd rather see a euro-fighter or one of those crazy bobsled coasters. Of course since it is like a CF park in terms of theming/lack of trees(to my knowledge), maybe they could work on that and add some of S&S's new rides.

Airtime-as long as it is not another damn wooden coaster-&Gravity

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Okay, my mistake

I'm just happy that a new traditional mega looper is being built(is it the first one since Viper?), and hopefully more parks build some. If this works out, maybe the trend will move away from speed and back to loops and twists like the 80s/early 90s. Like I previously said, I hope they have a good selection of inversions, and hopefully they can make the inversions intense since companies seems hesitant when it comes to that.. I just hope it is built by Intamin since B&M doesn't build many super intense rides anymore, but instead build giant inversions. This will be an interesting project, and it will probably be one of the most anticipated projects of 08.

As much as I'd like to do a Colossus clone (those rapid-fire barrel-rolls make me feel all tingly), I think "HP" has enough loopers: Storm Runner, Great Bear, Sooperdooperlooper, and Sidewinder, each one a unique take on the "looper" format (launch, invert, lap-bars, shuttle). Another one just seems like overkill. On top of that, the only real other "genre" they have is woodies.

I think what "HP" needs most is a Hyper. A Flyer will bring in the crowds, a Euro-Fighter would is still pretty rare, a Floorless is a nice gimmick (though there are already two nearby), but those are all loopers. I think a B&M Hyper is exactly what they need, a big, massive lift-hill, with very few supports, and a minimalist restraint system. Something that people in the midway can stare up at and say "whoa".

That would look mighty nice against the "HP" skyline.

Maybe they're finally going to build Turbulence

That was my first thought when someone else said that they were at a baseball game and saw a sign that said "Get Ready To Drop In '08". Either that or a drop tower, but if "Perfect 10" refers to the 10 existing coasters it won't be a drop tower. Hopefully it'll be a coaster with a really huge drop. I'm sure a Frequent Faller would be intense but I don't see how it would be comfortable.

^OH HELL YEA!!!!!

Actually, and it says this on screamscapes, maybe its been brought up here, it came to the attention of the screamscape lords that the coaster with the most inversions in the world has 10, so maybe Hershey will be the home to the coaster with the most inversions in the world. After all, Stormrunner was a hit, why not trust intamin to make another grand slam coaster?

Just got back from Hershey today where I saw signs of the future. It really doesn't look like anything will be affected other than the wet/dry slides. Canyon River Rapids doesn't look to be going anywhere. Unfortunately, I ddn't take my camera into the park, so my camera phone photos will have to suffice.

hershey0803.jpg.13afba800ff38bbb3e9c92783d84172f.jpg

This group of plants is doomed too. But all in the name of Intamin multilooping hyper aquatrax goodness

hershey0802.jpg.67e50ebba3e5ec6444eb403b354df0f4.jpg

Over in front of the Chute Out we find all sorts of markings. Expect the one game booth (milk can) to be removed as well

hershey0801.jpg.1951989ef816cef58a2901ca7cfebd5b.jpg

The Western Chute Out looks to be as doomed as ever, with the actual announcement sign ON the slide tower

Haha.. I like how they put the sign directly on the slides!!

Im still all about a hyper. I can completely agree that Hershey needs something that will make people look up and go "woah".. they definately don't need any more inversions! Except.. they have to be getting close to the world record for that too.

I just pray its not a water coaster.

Eric