The Official "TPR MidWest USA 2007" Trip Thread!

MASSIVE Update Posted! Page 88
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:36 pm

Hey everyone!

Today we were at Holiday World!!! Day started with a walkback over to Voyage, which was running great and even more awesome at night!

We made our way around to all the woodies. It was very interesting that the group seemed pretty split almost 50/50 on their favorite woodie - Voyage or Raven. (There wasn't much love for Legend, but we still love you!)

The night rides on both coasters were INCREDIBLE tonight! Raven was just SICK! Pitch Dark, can't see a damn thing and totally out of control! Amazing. It's still my favorite woodie at the park. Voyage is great, but Raven is just PURE FUN! And that's what I like in a coaster.

Voyage was also running crazy! The back seemed to really kick A$$ tonight! While I personally still find the ride a bit brutal, it really is great! And I'm happy to report that the new trims added to the ride don't really do that much. The triple down is a bit less on the airtime than it was before, but the ride seems to pick it's speed back up before the 3rd NINETY DEGREE turn. We're told it was added to help reduce the amount of maintenance that was required, so hey, if it helps keep the coaster in better condition, we're all for it!

It was a great day....most of the group went to the waterpark and rode pretty much EVERTHING! Yes, it was busy but lines moved very quickly.

Anyway, onto some photos and a video that was shot doing our Voyage walkback.

Enjoy!!!
holidayworld_01.jpg
Holiday World welcomed us with open arms and we got that great hospitality that the park is known for.
holidayworld_02.jpg
We started with a "behind the scenes" walk back over to Voyage.
holidayworld_03.jpg
Watch out for that coaster enthusiast eating dumpster!!!
holidayworld_05.jpg
The Voyage was running awesome today and night rides were even better!
holidayworld_06.jpg
NINETY DEGREES!!!!
holidayworld_07.jpg
The coaster does have a new trim brake on it, but don't worry it really doesn't affect the ride that much.
holidayworld_04.jpg
While some people kept riding The Voyage, Elissa and her dad went right for Gobbler Getaway!
holidayworld_08.jpg
It just wouldn't be a trip to Holiday World without molesting the Holidog statue.....just a little bit! =)
holidayworld_09.jpg
"Hi James!!!!"
holidayworld_10.jpg
Robb!!!! DO NOT EAT HOLIDOG!!!!
holidayworld_11.jpg
We took a couple of spins on Legend. While it was running pretty good, most people in the group prefered Raven or Voyage.
holidayworld_12.jpg
The Raven is still my personal favorite, and many of the group thought it was just amazing at night.
holidayworld_13.jpg
We even ran into RRC's Rastus and Mini-Rastus! What's up guys?
holidayworld_14.jpg
TPR loves Raven!!!
holidayworld_15.jpg
Raven is just so re-rideable and pure fun.
holidayworld_16.jpg
At night, Raven is a completely different beast! Some of the best coaster rides I've ever had were on the Raven after the sun sets.
holidayworld_17.jpg
SIGNATURE SHOT!!!!
holidayworld_18.jpg
The free drinks were MUCH appreciated on this very hot day (and yes Paula, we had lots of water and Gatorade, too!)
holidayworld_19.jpg
Holidog gives TPR his stamp of approval.
holidayworld_20.jpg
The groups' leftovers. BEST quote of the day was from the buffet girl after taking this photo "Wow, you guys really don't eat anywhere NEAR as much as those other coaster clubs do!" =)
holidayworld_21.jpg
"We are not fatty's!!!!" (Ok, well maybe Chuck is, but still!) =)
holidayworld_22.jpg
Thank you Holiday World from the members of TPR!!!

The Voyage at Holiday World

voyage_midwest_trip.wmv [ 8.57 MiB | Viewed 18530 times ]

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:50 pm

Niiiiiiiice! Pound or take a spin on Penguin's Blizzard River for me saturday at SFKK.

Lets Go Flyers!

Postby Dorneypark_fan » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:52 pm

Holiday World looks awesome. Great Photos.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:56 pm

Dude, you are a machine! I saw your buses leave HW's lot at 10:30 EST, and you have an update up 2 hours later!

Whiny update bitches suck on that.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Tobias94 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:01 pm

Hehe, the Holidog looks so funny. :roll:
Anyway, nice update.

One time I ate pancakes

Postby Mr. Volcano » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:04 pm

Looks like awesome fun! Thanks for keeping us updated with fun sounding TRs. I still haven't been to Holiday World yet, looks like I need to put it on my to-do list. :P

-Justin

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Zen Coaster » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:12 pm

Great park, staff & day all 'round. Thanks for a great first day!

The heat was very intense and we were sweat-soaked very early on but this was more than made up for by the ride lineup, walkback etc. A late afternoon break at Splashin' Safari was pretty cool too.

Gobbler Getaway was classic ... special mention to the end 'turkey disco sequence' ... as was the turkey-themed Tilt-a-Whirl and bumper boats.

Loved The Voyage the most followed very closely by The Raven which was fun and as Robb said, totally insane at night. Pretty good ride pic from The Voyage so will post it tomorrow.

Howler was one of those credits we just HAD to do really & the ride ops were letting people get two rides in each time they lined up so the credit whoring was at a total premium.

I'll share/post pics tomorrow, pretty beat so I'll cut this off here... don't want to have to walk to the first park tomorrow ;)

Special mention must go to Nadia for her attempts at entering the wet t-shirt competition and, gotta say, her popularity with the 10 core guys hanging around her places her as this trip's equivalent of CoasterLou. :devil:

- Tony 'Sex Slave To 'The Voyage' Teulan :devil:

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby NathP » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:14 pm

ELZ wrote:Damn You NATHAN for doing Midwest and Spain trips!

*shakes fist*

Looks like things are going well!

Enjoy the trip!

Thanks mate, Holiday World was awesome and The Voyage is soo mental in the dark its great, We were all at the park for 12 hours today! :)

MATT DAMON has nervous tits

Postby thecoasterkid » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:18 pm

Dang Robb! You beat me to posting my Photo TR! Bah.

Anyways, Holiday World was AMAZING! Those free drinks were way more than appreciated today! I don't know a single person who wasn't drenched in sweat by 11am.

Voyage at night was pure insanity! The last minute breakdown stopped me from getting a night time Raven credit...but I seriously doubt it could have dethroned Voyage.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby orangecats2 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:24 am

thanks for posting the tr.
i want to know when the group will be at cp and gl so i can go and try for a tpr sighting. =)

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive