TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

I'll be in Houston on the weekend of the 11th after treking around Texas for a week. My hopes have risen.

Thanks for the updates Jason! By the way, what's up with the steel on the first drop (right hand side of picture) where it jogs?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drops 1-3 look pretty decent in pictures. 2 probably is the one riders will suprised with most. 1 up close looks mild, but at a long distance it looks like a thriller. Monday started sunny with some clouds. Testing at end of the week??? alrighty then... BRING IT! shoot I volunteer to be a test jug.

That first drop is just sick. I'm getting desperate to ride this ride. As crazy as it looks, I can see this becoming one of those rides that slowly gets neutered after about five or ten years. Can't wait for the reviews to come in though.

I'm assuming that the ride will open either this weekend or early next week, which is great because I have the O.K. to visit a week from this coming Sunday!

Thanks for another great update.

They are planning for around 100 hours of testing and the ride has to be inspected before they can start. I imagine it will be closer to 2 weeks before it opens. I'll run by after work and see if they've finished the track work and post an update.

Steel is still being installed...can't be too much left now....

Hey Jason, any wearables in the Saltgrass souvenir shop yet? I've already shipped off a few trinkets to friends in faraway places. (cute keychains) When I asked the employee if there were any Boardwalk Bullet shirts, she asked "what's that"?...

I swear, I'll call in sick to work if I have any notice that this thing is opening soon. I work at a busy airport and have had it up to *HERE* with the heat, thunderstorms, delayed passengers... GG, take me away.............

Bless you Jason, for keeping the coaster-loving world informed.

I wanna drive out tomorrow to have a look and use Jasons quick directions to time my trip for myself and local friends and/or out of town guests. Hope its sunny. Wish I could see the human water test jugs in action. Anyone know if the human test jugs starts this week???

Thanks Jason for the first drop mug shot. Looks like a weeeeeeee drop. I hope its at least as fun as was Gwazi Tiger.

Hey Jason, any wearables in the Saltgrass souvenir shop yet? I've already shipped off a few trinkets to friends in faraway places. (cute keychains) When I asked the employee if there were any Boardwalk Bullet shirts, she asked "what's that"?...

Nope, no wearables yet.

I would guess testing of the ride should start sometime this week. We've gone 3 days without rain now so they are moving right along on the remaining work on the ride.

i might die if i have to wait much longer they sure did drag out the construction on this thing but it's good to finally see steel on the drop! i've been to kemah about three times this summer and it always seems theirs just little bit left and then weeks go by and, nothing. so ill cross my fingers for two weeks

That first drop looks like a major headchopper, thats if the frop goes down into all the wood, which looked like it did, and it looks like its got some awesome curves, that close up on the first drop, OH MAN, if your in the back seat I wanna see this baby in action, especially after that little turn where you gain some speed, then WHOOSH, down that first drop! So fun to see when its in action...

-Cant Wait

Caleb "Sadly I wont get to ride it" Stone

i might die if i have to wait much longer they sure did drag out the construction on this thing

They didn't drag it out because they wanted to. So far this year we've had around 40" of rain...normal for the entire year is around 50. The month of July alone we had nearly 10" (normal is 2) making it the 6th wettest July on record. In the 2 weeks before this one, out of 12 working days they lost 7 of those due to rain.

All i know is that im super siked for this ride. I mean living in the Houston Area, just to have something to get a few thrills out of is going to be very nice. Now I have a friend who works for Kemah Boardwalk and she said they were going to open late August to open around the time they have like a Anniversary or something like that. I guess they were able to fix the corner where it hit the Steak House pretty close.

I was out at the site today and met Restoca. My pics are taken with a cheap digital cam. Restoca's are probably waaaaay better than mines.

This is the street shot in front of Bullet showing the looooooooong que line. Whoever rides after midday will fry, bake, roast, and toast if the line is long.

I purchased a Bullet key chain with movable train !!!

370666638_Bullet1.jpg.7e1f48ecba783b1d3f3f9cfe87e8b214.jpg

Que-line a la sol :)

According to this Canadian machinist, " ... waterjug dummy testing will begin tomorrow... ".

Dang, I went out a day too early

Hey Restoca, how did did your backyard shot of the 2nd drop adjacent the house come out? I rate mine a 70 out of a 100. Let me know how yours looks. Whoever has the best pic will post. Eh?

447179832_Bullet2.jpg.20b89081541d091c427b2542407608c5.jpg

Track steel machinist