The Official TPR Spain & Mini-Europe Trip 2007 Thread

The *BIG* Update is here!!! Check Page 112!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:05 pm

Aww, I knew it had to happen eventually....the last of the "mini" updates! :( We will do FULL updates (4 or 5 pages of photos for each park) very soon!

Our last park was Phantasialand (which we actually visited over 2 days, but for the sake of this update just pretend it was all the same day, ok?)

Elissa and I had been to this park before, and it's a really nice resort. The park is fun and the hotel is GREAT!

New to us was "Black Mamba", which we really liked, but I have to be honest it was a little disappointing. The themed area was AMAZING, but the ride itself just lacked the *punch* that it would appear to have.

Oh, well, there is always Winjas! I still think Winjas is one of the "coolest" coasters ever build. It's weird in that same way that Europa's "EuroMir" is weird. While on the surface it might look like a well themed spinning coaster, but it does these "weird" things that can only be described by riding it. It does things that NO other coaster does! We didn't tell anyone about the surprises and I'm glad we didn't because it really took some people off guard!

Then there was Talocan, the new top spin that opened this year. While it's kind of enclosed, it's really only half "in a box" while the other side is insane fire and water effects. More more intense than any of the US "themed top spins" I've seen.

And the program was AWESOME! We flipped like 7 times!!!

Anyway, enough rambling on.....
phantasialand_01_hector.jpg
We arrived at Phantasialand and checked into "Hotel Ling Bao" which is an awesome resort!

Photo by Hector
phantasialand_02.jpg
Our ERT started out on Winjas, which I personally still think is the best ride in the park! I love it!!!
phantasialand_03.jpg
James is all wristbanded up and ready to ride!
phantasialand_05.jpg
Winja's is a "duel tracked" spinning coaster (I don't think it races or duels or anything sexy like that)....
phantasialand_07.jpg
You "choose your fate" just like Dueling Dragons! (Most people in our group prefered "Fear" better because of a REALLY messed up trick it does that we're not going to tell you about!)
phantasialand_04.jpg
Winjas is "Panther Approved!!!"
phantasialand_06.jpg
It spins, has good drops, and does "messed up stuff!"
phantasialand_08_hanno.jpg
And did we mention it's all themed up awesome too?

Photo by Hanno
phantasialand_08a_lou.jpg
Robb! NO!!! DO NOT EAT THE BABY! Go get a turkey leg instead!!!

Photo by Louise
phantasialand_09.jpg
We headed over to Black Mamba...
phantasialand_10_jeff.jpg
This ride is neck and neck with Nemesis in terms of awesome theming!

Photo by Jeff
phantasialand_11.jpg
Hector, Elissa, Chris, and Dan. Why does Chris always look so dazed and confused in these photos?
phantasialand_12.jpg
The theming *IS* awesome! But the ride itself isn't all that intense.
phantasialand_13.jpg
"I love the theming!!!"
phantasialand_15_jeff.jpg
Time for the Michael Jackson ride!!!

Photo by Jeff
phantasialand_16.jpg
Lou demonstrates one of Michael's favorite activities. Hmm...wait...no....this isn't right.....
phantasialand_17.jpg
There we go! That's more like it! =)
phantasialand_18.jpg
Talocan is the new "partially enclosed" Top Spin.
phantasialand_19_hector.jpg
Lots of kick A$$ fire and water effects AND a really awesome program! (We flipped 7 or 8 times!)

Photo by Hector
phantasialand_20.jpg
"The Terrorist Cookie" (Yeah, there's a story here....)
phantasialand_21.jpg
Here we are on the "Hollywood Tour" the most awesomely bad dark ride EVER!!!!
phantasialand_22_hanno.jpg
There's the Wal-Mart stuffed animal "King Kong" and the bath tub toy boat with plastic action figure on top! Seriously...this ride was FREAKING GREAT!!!!
phantasialand_23_hanno.jpg
The *REAL* action happened at the bar that night, back at the hotel!

Photo by Hanno.
phantasialand_24_hanno.jpg
Bruno raises the roof Italian style!

Photo by Hanno
phantasialand_25.jpg
Lou shows her love for GCI .....um.... wood.
phantasialand_26.jpg
"You must be this tall to ride the Hector!"
phantasialand_27.jpg
Robb, Quaddy, and Lou's hat share a moment.
phantasialand_28.jpg
Time to head home....awwww.... boooo!!!! :(
phantasialand_29.jpg
Now to dream about all those updates we have to do from MidWest and Japan! =)

Thanks everyone for reading!!! We hope you enjoyed these mini-updates!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:13 pm

That picture of you chowing down on Kristen's arm is the best KT photo yet--she really looks horrified!

I so want to check the worst dark ride ever!

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:29 pm

FREAKING TERRORIST COOKIE! :lmao: I got hasseled on my way home from Madrid too.

Deep throating churros, Arguments over Scissors and sword fighting, AMAZING hotels, and the time of my life. An amazing end to end amazing trip.

Thank you Robb, Elissa, and everyone else on the trip, SOOO much for everything and for letting me have the time of my life. It's something I won't soon forget!

That random nerd

Postby Vekoma Fan Boy » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:31 pm

You "choose your fate" just like Dueling Dragons! (Most people in our group prefered "Fear" better because of a REALLY messed up trick it does that we're not going to tell you about!)
I know what it does, I know ALL of the Winja's tricks. But, I am a firm holder of the secret!!! On the other hand, all the people who are desperate, Goggle doesn't keep secrets too well... :P

Great update Robb! So how is BM not so intense? Not forceful or something? No "out of the box" surprises? But even though this is the last update of this trip there are still 2 or 3 more to look forward to!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:39 pm

As if I wasn't already completely sold on the Mainland Europe Trip 2008. This just further convinces me. I want to send my deposit, like a month ago.

I Smell Funny

Postby Golfie » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:25 pm

Ugh... I'm SO jealous! Phantasialand looks AMAZING!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Cyrotech » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:40 pm

If u think Talocan had an awesome programm, take a look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkXk-ojJmZc

This is awesome. 39 spins without a break to rest your stomach.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby thefitness » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:44 pm

Phantasialand looks awesome! That's kind of disappointing to hear about Black Mamba, but it really LOOKS amazing.

I really enjoyed these mini-updates! Thanks for keeping us all up to date on what has been going on!

Jolly jolly jolly jolly jolly

Postby Louise » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:48 pm

It might be the vodka I've consumed tonight, but that update seriously just brought a tiny tear to my eye! The last couple of days of the trip are always so bittersweet, you know how much fun you're gonna have and try and make the most of it, but it's sad knowing it's all coming to an end and you have to say goodbye to people.

I really want to echo Hector's thoughts in thanking Robb and Elissa for another amazing trip, and giving equal thanks to all the AWESOME people I hung out with both in Spain and in Germany/the Netherlands, it was great to meet you all/see you all again, and I had so much fun.

Thanks for the mini updates Robb, looking forward to seeing the big ones!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Dirk_Ermen » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:25 pm

Great update robb, too bad I couldn't join this one.

robbalvey wrote:Then there was Talocan, the new top spin that opened this year. While it's kind of enclosed, it's really only half "in a box" while the other side is insane fire and water effects. More more intense than any of the US "themed top spins" I've seen.

And the program was AWESOME! We flipped like 7 times!!!

Only 7 times? You should go to some of the german fairs! With a proper operator you'll go minimum 20-30 times :cool:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!