TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Spain & Mini-Europe Trip 2007 Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^only morons and little girls scream on coasters.

An observation the coach driver made last year on the UK trip was that he could always tell when TPR was on a coaster because there was much less screaming than the General Public.

I disntinctly remeber screaming on more rides than normal when i was with the TPR Gang. How odd.

Of course that was on water rides, not coasters.

EGF is a good ride but has lost much of its former glory.

The trains vibrate and make way too much noise (like many of that type of Intamin-trains), the trims ruin everything, and the park is just "exploiting" the popularity of the ride way too much.

The ride dates back to 2001 one now and they haven't made a decent effort to add a ride to the park since they just keep on promoting their EGF.

Changing the wheels more often would improve it alot, but that's expensive, especially for a small park.

Their "we have the best steel coaster in the world" mentality can get a little annoying, but I don't blame them. The park is known around the world not so much as Holidaypark, but more as "the park with Expedition GeForce".

They also promote their water ski show alot.

However, they did add a few new rides since GeForce. In 2004 they renovated the kid's area in which a couple of new rides were put. And in 2006, they opened the 70m Lighthouse Tower wave swinger.

Correct, there is no on/off switch, but they can be controlled. It would be something that would have to be worked out with the park prior to the visit. I highly doubt it would happen, but it's always worth asking!

Ummm....they could be controlled if they were your standard, pneumatic-air piston operated friction trims. However, they're not.

The park can change the distance between the two magnets...which changes the force of the magnetic field in between...which changes the braking effect on the train.

That's why Robb said they cán be controlled, butt it has to be done prior to their visit since it involves climbing up to the brakes and unscrewing the bottom magnets.

How many hills are there that produce airtime, I counted 6 clear hills of airtime, but I couldn't tell if the first drop produced airtime and the crazy s-turn hill looks like the back might airtime.

1. first drop

2. camelback drop

3. second camelback drop

4. bückel

5. little hill 1

6. little hill 2

7. bunny hump 1

8. bunny hump 2

Black Mamba was a huge dissapointment for me ... the ride itself just really seem to lack something.

It's not lacking something, it's lacking someone:

Joe --

I didn't get a chance to really congratulate you on the trip, but seriously... you should be very proud of the weight loss. CONGRATS. I hadn't met you before the trip and I could SO see a difference.

Great job. Keep it up.

-- Dave

Correct, there is no on/off switch, but they can be controlled. It would be something that would have to be worked out with the park prior to the visit. I highly doubt it would happen, but it's always worth asking!

Ummm....they could be controlled if they were your standard, pneumatic-air piston operated friction trims. However, they're not.

The park can change the distance between the two magnets...which changes the force of the magnetic field in between...which changes the braking effect on the train.

That's why Robb said they cán be controlled, butt it has to be done prior to their visit since it involves climbing up to the brakes and unscrewing the bottom magnets.

This is exactly what I was talking about. They CAN be controlled. Obviously since they are now on harder than they were before.

--Robb

Oh yeah, seing GeForce degrade from its opening year to now is really sad. First came the vibrations, now it's the lack of speed. It's a great ride after all, but you always have one better ride in mind: GeForce, as it used to be, some years ago (when there were no staff members all around to constantly remind you that this is the "best rollercoaster in the world").

During the ERT, I took some pictures. Basically they are only "face-shots" and there is absolutely no nudity in it -- I don't think they are to interesting for people, who were not there, so I uploaded them to picasaweb. You'll find them in my gallery.

RobbElissa.jpg.972b02bfa25e43ec3cfac4c288e42d70.jpg

Rrrr...

Well, I like Black Mamba. But you´re right, it´s not the best coaster of its kind. Theming is very well and lovely and the ride has its greatness in the first half of the ride. After the inversions it´s not more than just a nice kiddie ride. Batman and Nemesis are much more intensive. But for a family ride it is very nice and a gread addition to the park or in general for germany.

Really disappointing is Silver Star at Europapark. That ride sucks!!!

Oh yeah, seing GeForce degrade from its opening year to now is really sad. First came the vibrations, now it's the lack of speed. It's a great ride after all, but you always have one better ride in mind: GeForce, as it used to be, some years ago (when there were no staff members all around to constantly remind you that this is the "best rollercoaster in the world").

During the ERT, I took some pictures. Basically they are only "face-shots" and there is absolutely no nudity in it -- I don't think they are to interesting for people, who were not there, so I uploaded them to picasaweb. You'll find them in my gallery.

Did they bother to clean off that seat after Robb took a dump on it?

^ Well, I only had 4 lines to put updates so I just added the first 4 that I saw. I had every intention of making more than 1 front page entry for the other photo TRs, but now that you've gone an mentioned it, maybe I won't.

--Robb "If you go asking to be on the front page, you'll NEVER make it there." Alvey

Well, I like Black Mamba. But you´re right, it´s not the best coaster of its kind. Theming is very well and lovely and the ride has its greatness in the first half of the ride. After the inversions it´s not more than just a nice kiddie ride. Batman and Nemesis are much more intensive. But for a family ride it is very nice and a gread addition to the park or in general for germany.

Really disappointing is Silver Star at Europapark. That ride sucks!!!

I wouldn't say Silver Star sucks... sure it may not have the airtime or layout of EGF, but it's still one of the better European coasters. It was my first hyper outside of Blackpool, so it was amazing for me at the time - and to this day it's still a great ride. Ticks boxes for Europa, anyway.

It seems a shame that EGF, like Silver Star, is prone to damage from over use of Trim Brakes...

Maybe Holiday Park have been chatting to Europa?

Is that a vein popping out of Robbs neck? And Elissa just laughs! That's awesome!

Today was our day at Toverland!

Now, Toverland is one of those "never in America" type of parks, and honestly that's a good thing...no...it's a GREAT thing!!!!

If Toverland was in America...we'd manage to screw it up. So if you want to visit the awesomeness that this park is, you'll just have to go there yourself (or join TPR on our 2008 Europe trip... *hint* *hint*)

Actually, I was kind of telling the truth above about not wanting to do any updates, but really I just don't feel like typing...so here's some photos and a complete POV of the awesome new "Troy" at Toverland!

toverland_troy.zip

Zip file for you closet zip file enthusaists

toverland_troy.wmv

Complete POV of Troy using our mounted lipstick camera. Thanks Toverland!!!

(zip file enthusaists, your version is below!)

toverland26.jpg.d256f552bf86785c64ef36a3b40c8169.jpg

Thanks again to Toverland for a really kick ass day!

robb_toverland239.jpg.95f72eeabc394de14e3927987c69e7e2.jpg

Yay for the booster bike!

hectorspain1004.jpg.2c71311dbff7603619be8f884df96fc6.jpg

Oh, yeah...and you can't forget they also have a Vekoma Booster Bike that's a lot of fun too! (Nice hat Lou!)

Photo by Mexican Hector

toverland25.jpg.530d88ad9a09d673f0d5c797e266a9f5.jpg

Toverland has a real crowd pleaser on their hands!

toverland24.jpg.44a222d163a54225195de82c6d2d4a7e.jpg

Elissa is showing a bit of Emoboy love!

toverland23.jpg.694790006f0dbac2dd34f15f3c75ac2c.jpg

Oooh.....Station Flyby! Smile for the camera!

toverland20.jpg.2f2535e97c501f75a69ab5de444c202e.jpg

Hey....um....Chris & Lou...what exactly is going on in this picture? Hmmm......

toverland22.jpg.6c45c7880c4ecd7774d4fa03da522bd6.jpg

Airtime hills!

toverland21.jpg.588dd7fa41bb9e9d917ec83a13e11268.jpg

Ooh....onride pov shots of new GCI woodie....pretty! =)

toverland18_hanno.jpg.f6042bcedafd57fd10ec58053709728e.jpg

Everyone loves Troy! (It's because of that damn song!!!)

Photo by wacky Holland dude.

toverland17.jpg.38f468e3a7ed9ded359264af30923fbd.jpg

Now this is what ERT should be like! Crazy people and a near empty station!!!

toverland16.thumb.jpg.3ca524758e474f4ced3e43badbe9bb82.jpg

Ok, ok...we'll get back to Troy! Sorry!

toverland32_chris.jpg.7dd9f8ecc047a28ad8094c3139ad246d.jpg

I take that back....Hector has the best expressions! (Sorry Miles!)

Photo by TPR bitch, Chris

toverland14.jpg.6e4f4a3c7ed5dfad07baa77ad905dc62.jpg

Miles made the BEST facial expressions ever!!! (note him sporting that sexy pink scrunchi!)

toverland13.jpg.ba620ec96101f9c1c2d2f2ad316a18ff.jpg

"Hey fatty! Who are you laughing at? I don't see you're ass up here trying this!"

toverland12.jpg.06aa6e4f3f320ab04a2f53abb125d200.jpg

OMG!!! LMAO!!! OMG!!!! Wait....ok, ok....gotta catch my breath here.... Just look at that photo....

Rich bending over, and he has some kind of sausage looking thing coming out of his pants!!!!

LMFAO!!!!!!

toverland11.jpg.05d7d01c46d2e7ec9665796e89959970.jpg

CROTCH SHOT!!!

toverland10.jpg.e20d5d2021de6dbe29b05059e0eef320.jpg

There's something so "Petarded" with Elissa in a helmet!

toverland09.jpg.6ac5672c7bd2a45149752ed36ef919ee.jpg

You've got "Electric Company Worker" written all over you! (or wait...maybe that should be you want an electric company worker all over you?)

toverland08.jpg.654d430e21804cb956fd92c1d45455ff.jpg

Larry's got some hot tounge action going on there.

toverland07.jpg.c28973f891dc77534eb43ddd4f7ca40e.jpg

And now....prepare for the Toverland "Ropes Course!!!"

toverland34_hanno.jpg.4896a0eb574add49e5ba2812d3528df4.jpg

Poor ACE guys got their cameras taken away....we didn't, though.... because we had permission! I just love when karma strikes back! =)

Photo by that wacky dude from Holland!

toverland19.jpg.5c9a85654619b02af6b97c1a09e5acc3.jpg

Oh, look...we ran into the ACE executive committee hard at work! How's that museum coming along?

toverland31.jpg.cf446fc054feaeb7ac3b2be39cbf912b.jpg

For all you closet lift hill enthusaists, we got some awesome shots for you too!

toverland30.jpg.79dd5f24664a3036718b29433f98e283.jpg

Outside they have just opened up a brand new GCI woodie, Troy!

toverland06.jpg.5f2c2a7b03358e22bdab1148b3bdfba2.jpg

Yay! to those who actually made it to the top!

toverland05.jpg.004eccb54066a334d583ba6ec3eac011.jpg

Everyone comes crashing down...

toverland04.jpg.8beacd4e97e40a9632d7b73bfb1ee7f9.jpg

This is one of our favorite play areas. Not sure what's it's called, but we call it the "Triangle" (even though we know it's not a triangle!)

toverland03_jeff.jpg.d4e1682aeff5beaa8afd88a44ce1475c.jpg

Inside there is ALL SORTS of cool stuff. A Vekoma roller skater, all kinds of kiddie rides, a log flume, TONS of play areas, etc, etc...

Photo by the really old man.

toverland02.jpg.03e6d99bfa298047bd7de713e123ece8.jpg

The park really rolled out the purple sign for us!

toverland01_hector.jpg.bd07d18114421b29c7e39776ce9f9529.jpg

It's hard to describe Toverland. It's part "indoor park", part "outdoor park", part "obstable & fitness course" and it all ads up to be totally awesome!

Photo by that Hector dude.