TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Spain & Mini-Europe Trip 2007 Thread

You know, one thing I loved about Superman at Warner is it's one of very few, (wait are there any others?), B&M superloopers with a "straight forward" drop. Twisting is fun, but you can't beat a great big drop straight ahead. Anyone else share this opinion?

Dragon Khan, Medusa West, and Kraken atleast have straight drops.

Anyway, cool update. I espiecally loved when Steve decided to crash a wedding

EDIT: I just watched the Superman POV, and wow, it looks awesome. Very big and very fast. And did the airtime hill before the corkscrews have any ejector air? it looked like it was taken fast enough to have some.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all the updates of your Spain trip! They have given me a good few laughs. Looks like you had a lot of fun and it makes me really want to come on one of your trips when I am a bit older.

Thanks for the updates and the laughs, and for teaching me something… there are quite a few decent parks in Spain.

Nice POV Robb, did you tape it to the bottom of the train?

At the risk of sounding like a tagger on, yes it was on the bumper thing.

Robb, thats not a union jack, very disappointed with you! But yeah, nice pictures, i'm already feeling nostalgic.

Thanks for all the updates Robb! Great times at parks and great times at bars. Unluckily I missed that wedding afterparty, looked like fun, hehe, I just had to get more than the average of 6 hours of sleep... btw. Does anyone remember the free sushi, sandwich-plates we got and the bar guy etc. antics on the last night before Mini-europe? Oh yeah I miss Spain.

btw.The rapids at Warner Madrid are one of (if not) my favourite rapids ever, so many small fountains, mini things squirting water, it was really fun.

And anyone going on a TPR-trip, I promise you'll SO enjoy it and have fun

^ Dave, did you just manage to post in a thread that has recently contained discussion of B&M coasters, without actually creaming all over the thread?!?!?!?!

You can't see my desk

I'd take a picture but my cameras covered in it...

B&M, oooooooohh. Superman was fantastic, so so good!

Thanks for all the updates Robb! Great times at parks and great times at bars. Unluckily I missed that wedding afterparty, looked like fun, hehe, I just had to get more than the average of 6 hours of sleep... btw. Does anyone remember the free sushi, sandwich-plates we got and the bar guy etc. antics on the last night before Mini-europe? Oh yeah I miss Spain.

btw.The rapids at Warner Madrid are one of (if not) my favourite rapids ever, so many small fountains, mini things squirting water, it was really fun.

And anyone going on a TPR-trip, I promise you'll SO enjoy it and have fun

I did NOT know about the free food, but the bartender jumping in our photos on that last night made me laugh!!

Those rapids were my favourite of the trip too, VERY closely followed by the ones at Phantasialand, but for very different reasons.

Miss you Dave, you're cracking me up!

yeah on the last night in madrid we got free peanuts and stuff, and then bread wth prawn cocktail and other toppings on!

so cool, and yaeh the barman was cool!

not as cool as

"Hoo-lee-gan"

tho!

It's been less than the week and all these Spain parks are starting to blend into each other. I don't remember which rides were at which parks (outside of the coasters).

Alzheimers, maybe? But at least I'm not as old as Jeff Johnson.

Yes, the bar tender, Omar, was really great. He had that food brought over from the wedding reception, I think. When we were back in that same hotel on the night we returned from the mini-Europe trip, he gave us Panthers more free food.

We took care of him with tips!

What an awesome trip! Perhaps in the near future I will join you guys.

Also, the comic pic with the cat (is it Tom, from Tom&Jerry? not sure)...he's not really saying anything unless it has a meaning in catalán. I assume is their way to express a *gasp* or *shocked* expression.

- Mary

The fact that he was some random perv from Catalonia makes it that much better.....or not if he is a member of this site, in which case I had better say- yo dude, we love your mandolin, and some dudes would die for the credits you got

This had me !!!!

Wow, looks like you are all having a blast. Superman to me looks like an amazing B&M floorless. It has a drop simular to a B&M hyper/air hill and in my opinion some of the best inversion elements. How would you compare it to Dragon Khan or even Kraken.

I never thought Lou sounded so... british.

70+ pages, and still my favorite quote thus far.

Scott "Yeah, what's with British folks having a British accent?" B.

Hey, it might be funny to you, but for me, that kind of revelation is rather traumatic!! I had no idea I sounded British, and finding out from a stranger on an internet forum... that's just cruel.