TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Spain & Mini-Europe Trip 2007 Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ Yes. There really is nothing in that area other than the SLC, and they've already cleared land in the Greek section (I think that's where it was going) to move it for next year. Basically they told me they felt the park was too big for the amount of attractions they had and they wanted a slightly smaller more focused park.

It's not a bad idea, and honestly, the Iberia section wasn't that big and there wasn't any reason to go there other than for the SLC.

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

--Robb

Great video clip ago Robb, can't believe the amount of noise the was coming from the track on Magnus Colossos, sounded like it was about to stall:roll:.

It looks great in the setting, maybe they should have incorporated it more into the mountain, higher lift hill for example, drop off the cliff.

From the rest of the report the park looks impressive with nice theming.

^That's an interesting idea. Do they plan to expand in years to come?

Also, another question...Does a park like this do well,business wise, in Spain? Seems to me this would be the type of park that would be stuggleing in the US.

From what I have heard, Terra Mitica was struggling alot earlier, but I have no idea how they are doing at the moment...

Well, here is the last of the mini-updates from the Spain trip! I'll move on to doing Mini-Europe updates tomorrow.

Our last park was Parque Warner Madrid, which was built by Six Flags and could arguabley be the nicest "Six Flags" park ever!

Although it was REALLY freaking hot the day we were there and it made it almost unbearable.

The day started out with ERT on Superman, the B&M floorless, which many people agreed was one of the best coasters of the trip.

Coaster Express, the RCCA woodie which last year I deemed one of the worst woodies I've been on, actually wasn't running quite so bad this year.

Anyway, onto some photos and some videos!

superman.zip

Zip version of the Superman POV for you Firefox losers

superman.wmv

Superman POV!!!

(zip version at the bottom)

parquewarner_21.jpg.c82596f5c2597b221fc03e03a709c36f.jpg

Goodbye dinner at this little cafe down the road from our hotel.

Thanks again everyone!!! We hope to see you on another TPR trip in 2008!

parquewarner_19_jeff.jpg.a4942c61c480b8e9d88d756163002896.jpg

"Jon can have Batman!!!"

parquewarner_17_kyle.jpg.58c256725dea42e933094b2789110525.jpg

Even Kristen loves Parque Warner!

Photo by Kyle Miller

parquewarner_16.jpg.a5f03d74473469e62aec4d482ea86b5e.jpg

Men love their cocks!

parquewarner_14.jpg.693e9802a7b5dbf97858e3a656a7c38a.jpg

This made me laugh...no idea why...it does did! Can anyone translate what he's saying?!?!

parquewarner_15.jpg.9172ca705ff56040939050b51cd24b5d.jpg

Best coaster ever!!! Why? Because it's FOOD THEMED!!!

parquewarner_12.jpg.921679a539fa20ab46cc085ec97c102d.jpg

"Now that we've conquered the log flume, it's time for the Special Olympics!"

parquewarner_13.jpg.60949ac81dcc3e1b4a9603621620b058.jpg

Yellow hat club takes over the log flume!

parquewarner_11.jpg.ba941866c9012f9b73682d0e85cf354d.jpg

Wait! Wait! Wait! We need another random group photo at the ride entrance!

parquewarner_20_jeff.jpg.de83d91292f9164b2a837befe97b8963.jpg

Honestly, it wasn't as bad as when we rode it last year! Still rough and brutal, but we didn't hate it!

Photo by Jeff Johnson

parquewarner_10.jpg.c3e2441d87da1b160726b681bae5eaf9.jpg

Lou can't take any more pounding on her hymen!!!

parquewarner_09.jpg.d76a8ede614a67e06ad41371b627ab83.jpg

Coaster Express!!! Which is basically Son of Beast without the loop and now that Son of Beast doesn't have a loop, it pretty much IS "Spanish Son of Beast!"

parquewarner_08.jpg.8d1b13896b1efd8aad029255e598b5f2.jpg

Uh, oh...this could only mean one thing is coming.....

parquewarner_07a.jpg.ac36596362c559fa2596de35b3cae51b.jpg

Someone REALLY likes Batman! "Um, Jon....we're going....Jon....did you want to ride? Um....Jon....are you ALREADY riding?!?!" =)

parquewarner_07.jpg.5913c3c954bee8c8bf2d3082b3eabb2b.jpg

Today would end up being the day for "random group photos at entrances to rides."

parquewarner_05.jpg.ec105f1e61ee51f2d239b69b6e602eb4.jpg

"Good to know that if I start menstruating on Spanish Deja Vu, I can buy the necessary goodies and ya ya's right near the exit!"

parquewarner_06.jpg.2157d8858b9f9c92ba057e56148cdcf7.jpg

Honestly, though, Spanish Deja Vu is probably the SMOOTHEST of all the Deja Vu's! No idea why....it just is.

parquewarner_04.jpg.353333d084f2ebcc234cc1569b518934.jpg

WAAAAY to jolly about riding Spanish Deja Vu!

parquewarner_03.jpg.c08d3ba0e6f8b69a4afd6c4505af0266.jpg

Dorks!

parquewarner_02.jpg.c42806ad17d140c15455ecf4a6aa3a98.jpg

POV shot to make you all gittty with happieness.

parquewarner_01.jpg.c81d8bc5363e48ac20fa294aae7adbef.jpg

ERT on Superman. It was pretty awesome. Most people left wet seats.

parquewarner_00_jeff.jpg.2dd446f74b8e6c4e8879f4d9d7a43377.jpg

Yup, we're at Parque Warner. Old people like Jeff need this photo as a reminder because by now they've already forgotten what update this is! =)

Photo by Jeff Johnson

But wait there's MORE!!!

On one of our last nights in Madrid Steve decided to crash the wedding that was going on at the hotel....I'm sure he can tell the whole story, but these photos and videos certainly add to the hilarity of the evening!

steve_crashes.wmv

And video proof of Steve dancing his jig!

parquewarner_24.jpg.8354c7d2147a1cea403002f2da44a0aa.jpg

Maybe not but Ron is about to become someone's bitch! :D

parquewarner_22.jpg.614d267fe03d90668efebae0e1394dd4.jpg

Is this the bride?

parquewarner_23.jpg.be9ec0859f29d6e3abea8fa75894e467.jpg

I see Lou and Steve...but where's the bride and groom?!?

steve_crashes.zip

Blimey - at least 2 of my chins were not synchronized- must try harder!

The truth of the gate crashing is that some Spaniard crazies (well the smashed out of his skull best man and his mates) threatened to kill us all unless we joined them for free beer and upset the total order of things. It was Trev's fault for wearing what they thought was a Liverpool Football (soccer) shirt, which turned out to be a Stoke City shirt! Much confusion ensued, so I thought the best thing to do was pile on out there and look like I belonged to the wedding party.

If you can't speak the langauge, and appear to be dressed inappropriately, do what I did - dive in , shake your booty, arse, ass, boobs, chins, anything that moves and hey - you get free beer.

I rest my case - oh and Ron, if you had taken your shirt off then, I feel sure we would have also gotten some free shots!

Lou - we must dance again, I'm limbering up for some Japan style moves, although I think I have only ever seen them pole dancing.

Could be fun though?

Oh and BTW British Rob with one B - where are the pics of Lou and the Gypsy King blokes, remember the actual little bloke that danced and then propositioned Lou in front of us all? -these need to be posted sooner rather than later

^That's an interesting idea. Do they plan to expand in years to come?

Also, another question...Does a park like this do well,business wise, in Spain? Seems to me this would be the type of park that would be stuggleing in the US.

From what I have heard, Terra Mitica was struggling alot earlier, but I have no idea how they are doing at the moment...

Thanks!

Parque Warner Madrid looks pretty nice!

Wedding Crashers:TPR Edition

You know, one thing I loved about Superman at Warner is it's one of very few, (wait are there any others?), B&M superloopers with a "straight forward" drop. Twisting is fun, but you can't beat a great big drop straight ahead. Anyone else share this opinion?

And, I just remembered that the very first video I ever posted on the sight was from my Spain trip back in 2004. I re-posted a streaming version for anyone who's interested. Those of you who met me on the Mini-Europe Trip will be interested to see what I looked like when I had a small enough forhead to actually style my hair. Teetle.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=169395

Oh and BTW British Rob with one B - where are the pics of Lou and the Gypsy King blokes, remember the actual little bloke that danced and then propositioned Lou in front of us all? -these need to be posted sooner rather than later

Oh my God, I'd forgotten that was the same night. Umm, NO, they do not need to be posted. That was frightening!

Thanks for the photos and the updates, your trip looked amazing. I never realised there were so many good parks in Spain. Well, that's my 2008 holiday sorted!

Check out the TPR trips for 2008 especially the Mainland Europe Tour, sign up for that, and then you are laughing as well as sorted

Thanks for yet another great update, I loved reading it, I have a question: I want to go to Madrid next year and I was wondering if you could buy like a 2 day pass or something at Parque Warner.

^ LOL!!!!!! Would YOU look happy?! I'd had a quiet evening in the room, decided to "pop down to the bar for half an hour", I'm waiting to get my drink at the bar, and suddenly some random Spanish dude grabs me and starts swinging me around the dancefloor?! All I ask is for a quiet life.

Thank God you were there with your camera, Rob! If not for you, this event would have gone entirely undocumented!

Lou was going to kill you anyway one B - but we must all agree the man in the stange pants was clearly very happy to be dancing with Louise. The fact that he was some random perv from Catalonia makes it that much better.....or not if he is a member of this site, in which case I had better say- yo dude, we love your mandolin, and some dudes would die for the credits you got

Louise you should know by now if the Brits are in the bar you'll never get a quiet night.

But seriously what a fantastic trip every day just got better and better and the nights, well just say every time I look at my photos I'm thinking did we really get up to that?

Thanks again Robb & Elissa for a Fantastic time