TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Removing tarps from the trains for a peek would be nice.

Take your standard PTC train, imagine it in a light brown color (that can be seen in my photos from a couple weeks ago) and there you have the Boardwalk Bullet trains.

No updates this week?

The structure for the ride was completed this past week, they are still working on getting all the track done. One of the trains is on the transfer track.

Kemah-Construction-063007-18-TPR.jpg.63b98cede64349c89b356fea91e7879c.jpg

View of the ride from the ground.

Kemah-Construction-063007-21-TPR.jpg.c2b8065e4c4b167ee1be5f9ec4f4514c.jpg

Overall view of the recently completed structure

Kemah-Construction-063007-17-TPR.jpg.1f325ba412fdf3af245dbd3bd7d12ecf.jpg

View of the first drop and turn at the bottom

Wow! That looks absolutely immense!!!

I have my fingers crossed that it will be opening this month because I am going to visit my dad in Houston for a month on Tuesday, so I hope I get to ride it before I go back!!

Do we know how much it will cost to ride and if it will be included in the wristband system?

I imagine they've still got 3-4 weeks of work and testing to do before the ride opens. I think it'll be close if it opens this month or not. We've been lucky on this side of town that we haven't got much rain lately (unlike what lorddoonga seems to think). It's raining today, but they don't work on Sunday so nothing is lost.

No word on a cost, but it will be included on a wristband (which will most likely be priced higher than the current wristband).

Looks like my weekly trip for construction photos is approaching an end...it's been fun. I'll still go until it opens, but I imagine there won't be too many noticeable changes once the track on the drop is finished.

For anyone planning a trip to ride it when it opens, unless you like large crowds and fighting for a parking spot, try to avoid Friday nights, Saturday evening-night, holidays, and any day where they have a special event scheduled. Those times are usually pretty crowded as it is...and I imagine it will get a little worse when the coaster opens. I went down yesterday afternoon around 1pm to take pictures and parked on the 3rd level of the parking garage which only had maybe another dozen cars on it. By the time I left about 30-45 minutes later, the 3rd level was full and the top level (4), was filling up fast. Not only was it a Saturday, but the annual Kemah Classic Car Show was taking place.

The official opening time for the rides is 11....but it varies a little bit. If you get there at opening on any day, you are usually pretty safe for a couple hours and at the very least, you should get a good parking spot.

I like to wait until later in the day for photos for better lighting where the sun is behind the ride instead of in front of it or directly over it...but with the chances for rain this weekend, I just went when it wasn't raining.

Kemah Boardwalk and the rides are open 11-10 363 days a year (for the most part). Some special events will keep the Boardwalk open later (such as Fireworks Fridays).

Hours for rides vary a little depending on crowds and of course bad weather or maintenance can result in them being closed.

Thank you. I wonder how many people will have to be on the train before they are allowed to dispatch it. I went to Buffalo Bills in Nevada and they wouldnt release the train unless it was a certain amount of people aboard. That is why I asked about the hours because I am sure Kemah wont be crowded enough during the week to keep the train rolling during the hours of operation.

^At Timber Falls, They'll run the train with just one person on it, and they'll give free rides too. Hopefully this park does the same as it seems too small to have a minimum riders policy.

This coaster is really starting to look good, and hopefully they Kemah gets it open soon. When I was checking the most recent update, the coaster appeared to have some of the best drops and turns on a wooden coaster. I think this could be Gravity Groups best coaster, and while it is a big ride, it isn't massive like Hades or Voyage.

^At Timber Falls, They'll run the train with just one person on it, and they'll give free rides too. Hopefully this park does the same as it seems too small to have a minimum riders policy.

This coaster is really starting to look good, and hopefully they Kemah gets it open soon. When I was checking the most recent update, the coaster appeared to have some of the best drops and turns on a wooden coaster. I think this could be Gravity Groups best coaster, and while it is a big ride, it isn't massive like Hades or Voyage.

You need TOO LOOK AT THE FIRST DROP UP CLOSE! It's amazing!

Boardwalk Bullet is the subject of a story on the front page of today's Houston Chronicle. The accompanying reader forum is quite active.

And here's a photo I took last week. Rather blurry, but from a different perspective.

JUNE2007_0628_163720x.jpg.177a584972eb7f6ed9cd59f274d76ca7.jpg

looking south from Seabrook, the coaster sits behind all the other attractions seen.

Yeah, I saw that article...not really suprising I guess.

The fact that people actually do own the house right next to the coaster kind of surprised me as I've never seen anyone there and Kemah Boardwalk appears to take care of the upkeep on the lawn.

The posts in the reader forum are what I'd expect for an article about something Tilman is involved in...a lot of people seem to hate that man.

Nice shot of the ride from the bay.

Good grief, they never even informed those people that they were building a coaster. You would have thought they would have stapled out some kind of agreement to stop lawsuits and/or expensive noise ordinances. Plus it would have just been nice.

Oh well, it should be a gimmie that if you live a stones-throw away from an amusement park, that you'll have to live with this kind of thing.