TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Derek, Nicole, and James do SFNE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James and his bloody ear.

SFNE tried to alter Superman to have a more Maverick-esque 1st drop. Shortly after this picture, the whole ride fell into the Connecticut River

Oh so that's what happened!

And wow...SFNE sounds like it really does stink (a la James' old screen name on TN).

Carowinds does a lot better than that! And James will back me up, since he's been there.

S:ROS needs a paint job...it's almost the color of Mind Eraser from the looks of those pictures. Maybe they'll give it a solid rehab over the winter. It's a shame to let a steel coaster as amazing as Superman degrade in quality.

Shapiro isnt done repainting all the kiddie rides in the SF chain every week.

^ Actually Shapiro has painted many rollercoasters this year. Let me name a few, Chang, Ninja, and many more, those are just on the top of my head.

I do wanna adress all the comments made about S:ROS and Mind Eraser having faded colors and how B:TDK and Crime Wave are in the wrong section. First off, B:TDK and Crime Wave are in a section called the South End, they are not a part of DC Comics area. Next year, it has been confirmed that there will be a retheme of the South End into Gotham City. To back this up there are many facts, such as relocation of Crime Wave, fixing and rehabing both sides of Double Trouble, holding off on Mind Eraser's paint so they can match it to a specific theme when they paint it, and a family rollercoaster rumour. I would assume that the other coasters would get some TLC as well such as S:ROS and Flashback. I do not know wether they are going to wait to paint Thunderbolt next year since the season has really kicked off.

Hope this clears any confusion at all and if you have any specific questions post in here or pm me and I will try to answer your question.

Was it ever actually confirmed that the South End is becoming Gotham City next year? Even if it is, it would still suck, and none of it would have happened if the upper managment let SFNE name B:TDK something original and not just use a Batman theme*. And what about Catwoman's Whip? after South End becomes Gotham City, what will they do, retheme it AGAIN?

* = If it is really true that they planned to use an original theme...

Someone talked to the managers of the park and stated that a retheme would happen. What do you mean suck! I think it is going to be one of the best Gotham Cities in the chain. Look how well the Wiggles Worlds, Thomas Towns, and SFMW turned out. So far Shapiro has proved himself to be pretty good at picking and executing themeing. It would be better than just the South End no matter what and will enhance that section.

Thomas Town looks decent, same with SFDK, but Wiggles World sucks. We will see if it turns out any good. Personally, I'm interested in what they do with Mind Eraser, and if they build the rumored family coaster or not. I would really like an Italian Job type ride, because SFNE (and the rest of new england as well) could use a launched coaster, even if it is a family one.

Pardon if this was pointed out, but is it just me or is SF losing in the race when it comes to originailty at their non-core parks with theming/naming. Ya gotta love a park chain that steals from their decent performers (SFFT) for their craptacular holes in the ground (SFNE)

I was actually planning on possibly visiting this park next Friday while I am in MA, but now I am a little leary of going around a weekend. I am curious to know about the water park?? Is it any good? Perhaps I will wait a while before making my first trek to Agawam...even though I am dying to ride Superman.

The ride dispatching and the ghetto clientle doesn't surprise me with any Six Flags park anymore. What did surprise me was the fact that so many rides were open and not broke down!

I will say in SF defense that they do have a very nice park in SFGE in Lake George. I went there last week and the park was very nice, clean and friendly. No hypers or giga's, but a very nice family park with decent rides. And (believe it or not) the Vekoma boomerang was not actually half bad!!!

Once I get the pics together, I hope to do my first TPR!!!