TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

yes it was in night.... the video was recorded some weeks ago, now there are a little tunnel at launch... but is only a few meters, and its impossible that can do this darkest.

only a week to ride IT

Furius Baco has been opened today to the public (inspite the oficial opening is this saturday).

There are some photos and one video. The most part of the people thinks that the ride is amazing, and specially the airtimes! The pre-show lunch is amazig too!

Video by HaRmAn

And to see some photos

http://www.umwebsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4773&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The ride looks just okay to me...just a bunch of twists and turns with a barrel roll thrown in and drop out of the launch. It doesn't look bad, just not somthing I would look at and say "OMG! That looks amazing! Get me on that now!" I'll wait for some reviews to come out.

That has to be one of the worst onride coaster videos I've ever seen. I can't tell...is the ride rough as hell or does the guy not know how to hold a camera on a ride?

That video makes the ride look terrible. *sigh* And I'm sure it's not. It's just taken by someone who has no experience filming rides.

--Robb

That has to be one of the worst onride coaster videos I've ever seen. I can't tell...is the ride rough as hell or does the guy not know how to hold a camera on a ride?

That video makes the ride look terrible. *sigh* And I'm sure it's not. It's just taken by someone who has no experience filming rides.

--Robb

Yea...that video kinda rubbed me the wrong way...and if I could comprehend spanish better, I could read a review. I guess that guy was on the very outside edge with one of those cameras with a 2megapixel video recorder built in. The drop out of the launch looks great and zero-g looks great. Floorless trains seems to be an obvious plus.

I agree Robb, horrible video quality, but ya know, something is better than nothing (ie Maverick). I can not believe how short the ride is in terms of duration. The entire video is 90 seconds - 40 seconds are taken up with the "pre-show" and the train is in the brake run 10 seconds before the tape ends. The actual ride itself appears to be about 40 seconds? I know TTD is shorter, but at least that goes up 420 feet - I'm going to hold off judgement until see some trip reports.

I suspect/hope the second wingwalker will be better/longer ride experience.

I disagree. I gotta say that looked absolutely INSANE! Sure, it may be on the short side, but that heartline looked awesome! Not to mention you're flying at like 85mph through a ditch with nothing over your head or under your feet. Can't wait until these make their way into the

Some new pictures:

I love the que themeing.

It looks so weird with people in the trains.

More que themeing:

Train:

Preshow area:

I wonder do those doors between the station and pre-show close because they were left open in the video of the train launching. Maybe they are not working yet.

Well he looks like a kid ocmpared to your videos, i suppose he has neither the equipment nor the skill of holding the camera, unlike you.

Your POV footage is sooooooooooooo much better.

I agree Robb, horrible video quality, but ya know, something is better than nothing (ie Maverick). I can not believe how short the ride is in terms of duration. The entire video is 90 seconds - 40 seconds are taken up with the "pre-show" and the train is in the brake run 10 seconds before the tape ends. The actual ride itself appears to be about 40 seconds? I know TTD is shorter, but at least that goes up 420 feet - I'm going to hold off judgement until see some trip reports.

I suspect/hope the second wingwalker will be better/longer ride experience.

I think you are wrong. Yo compare this coaster with TTD or Kingda Ka and this can't be compared. The first reason is because this coaster isn't an stratacoaster. Moreover, this coaster is short as other accelerator coasters, look at Stealth or Xelerator or Rita. And the main reason is because in Furius Baco you don't go up, you go DOWN! There is no other accelerator coaster with a drop after the acceleration.

I've ride the coaster today and I can tell you that there are a lot o airtimes, and specially this one, wich drops you under the ground at 135Km/h. And, of course, the layout is very exiting, because of the seats, wich gives you an airtime everytime there is a curve. And, of course, there is no comparation between an inline with the standard trains and with the wing walker trains. I think that the opinion before and after riding Furius Baco is very different.

And of course, the video has been taken with a mobile phone, and the quality is not good. In PortAventura you can't take videos on the rides, KnKn did the video because he wanted, this was not to upload as a "good video". Thanks to him, you can do an idea what's the coaster like.

Trevor, my ONLY comparison to TTD was in terms of the ride time - both are VERY short. And you are absolutely correct, until I ride it, I can't make any judgements on the ride experience, and I won't/haven't.

I can't wait to see one here in the US, cause I won't be traveling to PA for this one.

As far as I have read in reviews from people that rode it today, the back row of the train, far right seat is REALLY shaky, not rough-shaky but Vekoma-shaky...

I still want to ride it as soon as possible

Furius Baco looks fantastic. Sure it's short but what a unique experience! That heartline roll must be intense riding off the sides of the train like that. I can't wait to see what Intamin does with this concept in the future.

The station theming is great, and it seems very comedic. The ride looks great, and it looks like it pulls some strong g-forces in the turns and barrel roll. Although there doesn't appear to be much airtime, it looks like a better ride than Kingda Ka, Stealth, Zaturn, or TTD.

Looking at the video it looks to me a like another waste of money accelerator. Surely it could have done so much more? I really can't understand why parks spend so much money on these 30 second rides.

Hi,

First of all sorry for my bad English.

I'm From Barcelona, Spain. This is my first post here in the Forum, and it's to say that the new Intamin Accelerator Coaster in Port Aventura has opened officially today.

It is located in the Mediterranean part of the park, just when you enter to the park. The first thing that you notice is the trains, they were made specially for this ride, and they are great, just like the ride.

Another great thing is the theming, just see the pictures underneath. The ride is based in the process to create wine, that is typical of this part of Catalonia, and you will enter in the world of a scientist that wants to acelerate the procces to create wine, but everything goes wrong.

The Airtime at the begining of the ride is great, when you're in the in line twist you think that you're going to hit the floor (another good thing is that the line twist is very long), and finally I have to give 10 point for the pre-show that have got the ride. You're watching the pre show, and suddenly you're launched, I didn't think that I was going to be launched at that moment and the first time you ride furius baco you became shocked. Here I put some photos, and I put a link to youtube where there is a impresionant video.

And this goes for all the people that is going to the mini trip 2007 to Spain and are going to come to Port Aventura. you have well-taken care of Furius Baco, AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

The link to the video in you tube is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QjNDdNCmv0

a.jpg.5f18a8d5097b48552dba1f59d2e3fb0b.jpg

b.jpg.6913aa94e4ce318e11debea0dd480c29.jpg

c.jpg.6d2ed956c1e6e3f650e8a49b0f995ae4.jpg

d.thumb.jpg.1de67b15ed0b6451f86e7c3309731563.jpg

e.jpg.283ab2828878b25fa1707b93248a914f.jpg

f.jpg.dc0cdffdc84394dd9eab0f3cdc950269.jpg

g.thumb.jpg.befbefa548fad329617591b44f6039b4.jpg

h.thumb.jpg.9be78cea5ba8d966544d9665f99ab09e.jpg

i.thumb.jpg.fc349850452813b65cc6ff16b3bf5f5b.jpg

j.thumb.jpg.b6b4b564d3645accc837cc5f52677a67.jpg

k.thumb.jpg.dd44aca929ec481f7e6ed4d5acc8b4f2.jpg

l.jpg.53cf7dee2cb2d82e5ca28df23181ad9e.jpg

m.jpg.05fdc36ac8319477415b75d1f71f0ffd.jpg

Wow--that looks pretty impressive! Very nicely themed. I didn't realize that you were seated on either side of the track, either.

Thanks for the pictures.