PortAventura Discussion Thread

P. 244 - details for Ferrari Land announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Postby Geoff » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:21 am

Looking at the video it looks to me a like another waste of money accelerator. Surely it could have done so much more? I really can't understand why parks spend so much money on these 30 second rides.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

PortAventura's "Furius Baco" Now Open!

Postby gabrimm » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:55 am

Hi,

First of all sorry for my bad English.
I'm From Barcelona, Spain. This is my first post here in the Forum, and it's to say that the new Intamin Accelerator Coaster in Port Aventura has opened officially today.

It is located in the Mediterranean part of the park, just when you enter to the park. The first thing that you notice is the trains, they were made specially for this ride, and they are great, just like the ride.

Another great thing is the theming, just see the pictures underneath. The ride is based in the process to create wine, that is typical of this part of Catalonia, and you will enter in the world of a scientist that wants to acelerate the procces to create wine, but everything goes wrong.

The Airtime at the begining of the ride is great, when you're in the in line twist you think that you're going to hit the floor (another good thing is that the line twist is very long), and finally I have to give 10 point for the pre-show that have got the ride. You're watching the pre show, and suddenly you're launched, I didn't think that I was going to be launched at that moment and the first time you ride furius baco you became shocked. Here I put some photos, and I put a link to youtube where there is a impresionant video.

And this goes for all the people that is going to the mini trip 2007 to Spain and are going to come to Port Aventura. you have well-taken care of Furius Baco, AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

The link to the video in you tube is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QjNDdNCmv0
m.jpg
l.jpg
k.jpg
j.jpg
i.jpg
h.jpg
g.jpg
f.jpg
e.jpg
d.jpg
c.jpg
b.jpg
a.jpg

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:58 am

Great pics? Got any more of the ride in action?

Looking forward to our visit next month!

--Robb

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby coastermaniac1 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:03 pm

Fantastic photos. I am going in 2 weeks. I love Port Aventura, this will be my 5th visit. The que themeing is amazing.

Does it have a single rider line (SRQ) or an Express line?

Is it the best ride in the park now or is Dragon Khan better?

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:05 pm

Wow--that looks pretty impressive! Very nicely themed. I didn't realize that you were seated on either side of the track, either.

Thanks for the pictures.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby supermanrosfan0810 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:07 pm

Wow, that theming is absolutely amazing. Nice Pics!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby ChrisFL » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:09 pm

nice queue, and your english is fine...better than most people here :P

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby gabrimm » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:11 pm

Well, let me see...

To robb: I don't have got any more pics, I have to say that the ride accelerates faster than a F1 (135km/h in 3 seconds) and it's very difficult to catch it in action. I'm sorry..

to coaster Maniac: I don't know, It is said that there is express in the new ride, but this year the park has changed a little bit the "terms and conditions" of the express tickets, and I don't know how it's going to be..

About the theming, I give 9 points, and I don't give 10 because the theming during the ride is null, I know that it's impossible to see anything during the ride at 135km/h, but I think that is a mistake not to put good theming in there.

I think that Furius is the Best ride in all Spain now, maybe because is new and it's unique in the world. Although I have to say that I prefer Stampida than Dragon Kahn.

Well that's all, see you

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby EmBy » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:16 pm

Awesome shots there Gabrimm, thanks for posting them.

Its looks great, the themeing really has come on quick since I was there a few weeks back. Seems to be barrels everywhere.

Love the look of the barrels on the trains, really gives Furius Baco a unique look.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:19 pm

BTW, I fixed your YouTube video link, and while the video is still a bit shakey it's *MUCH* better than the one posted the other day.

I *LOVE* the pre-show theming!

--Robb

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!