TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: BGA May 12th

Yeah, it's late, who cares?

I started off my day right with Dunkin' Donuts. Mmmmm...donuts. I drove over to the parking lot to the east of the park, and rode the tram up to the entrance. I walked in and immediately took a right and rode on Montu. In fact, it was so good, I got right back on in the same exact seat! Okay, enough of Montu. I walked back past the animals and the entrance and rode Gwazi Tiger. And then Gwazi Lion. Roughest...thing...ever. I walked out and went to SheiKra. It was running empty trains, so I skipped it and walked to Kumba. Misting fans on a 90 degree, humid day feel really good, you know. I rode it and went back to SheiKra. This time it was running full trains. I waited about 30 minutes for the second row, and it became my new #1. I walked back to the front of the park and took the train around to the back again. I got some great pics of the animals. I then got in line for Scorpion. When I was on the next train, it, of course, broke down. And, everyone had to leave the line. So, I got in line for Cheetah Chase and rode it. I got off thinking: wow, this could have been the biggest waste of time ever! When I got off, Scorpion was running again, so I rode it this time. After this, I headed off to a restroom. When I exited, I was conveniently in a restaurant, so I ate there.

After lunch, I went back to SheiKra and got my first front row ride on it. Still fun. I then walked back to Kumba and rode that again. I went back to SheiKra and rode it twice. By this time, it was about 5 P.M. (I had lunch at about 2.) I rode the Skyride and got some great aerials. After getting off, I got one more ride on Montu before heading home.

Final ride count:

SheiKra: 4

Montu: 3

Kumba: 2

Gwazi (Lion): 1

Gwazi (Tiger): 1

Scorpion: 1

Cheetah Chase: 1

All photos are the property of www.coasterescape.com. Please ask us before using them.

SheiKra from my hotel's parking lot.

BGA had a great atmosphere.

SQUIRREL!

SHOP!

BIRD! of some sort...

Montu peeking up above the....building....thing.

Quite a big inversion.

Loop-de-loop.

Second loop-de-loop.

Montu's station.

A duck (I think?) on top of an alligator.

That's a lot of track.

That's also a big inversion.

That's also a nice sign.

Nice turn.

SheiKra midway.

MISTING FANS!

Through the loop.

This packs some forces.

In case you didn't notice, it's just hanging there.

Through the immelman!

Ooooo...

TRAIN!

Looks pretty big...

Clickity-clank.

Whoosh.

Station.

Floorless trains!

Down the drop we go!

Wheeeeeee!

Wheeeeeee! (Again.)

Through the overbank.

Into the final turn.

First hill....THROUGH THE TREES!

Here we go!

WHOOSH!

Into the...tower...thing...

These people are about to get soaked.

FLAMINGO!

Butterfly...

Montu again.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Kumba in the distance.

It's smooth.

That's a pretty big lift hill.

The second loop-de-loop.

BOOMERANG!

Looking back.

BOOMERANG AGAIN!

SHEIKRA!

Giraffes!

A black swan...

Never seen one before.

Ducky!

Yay for wildebeasts!

Zebra...

Kumba peeking up above the trees.

Skyride's station where nobody gets on or off.

Kumba's brake run.

SheiKra again.

Scorpion...

Through the loop...pretty forceful.

Turn.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Scorpion and SheiKra.

SheiKra's train...waiting.

Turn and the sun.

PRE-LIFT TRACK OMG!

Turn and Immelman.

Banner of some sort.

Immelman.

Up the lift...into the wild blue yonder.

Through the Immelman.

Store...with AIR CONDITIONING!

This bird wanted some of my ice cream.

Immelman and trees.

More pics coming later!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's late, who cares?

I started off my day right with Dunkin' Donuts. Mmmmm...donuts. I drove over to the parking lot to the east of the park, and rode the tram up to the entrance. I walked in and immediately took a right and rode on Montu. In fact, it was so good, I got right back on in the same exact seat! Okay, enough of Montu. I walked back past the animals and the entrance and rode Gwazi Tiger. And then Gwazi Lion. Roughest...thing...ever. I walked out and went to SheiKra. It was running empty trains, so I skipped it and walked to Kumba. Misting fans on a 90 degree, humid day feel really good, you know. I rode it and went back to SheiKra. This time it was running full trains. I waited about 30 minutes for the second row, and it became my new #1. I walked back to the front of the park and took the train around to the back again. I got some great pics of the animals. I then got in line for Scorpion. When I was on the next train, it, of course, broke down. And, everyone had to leave the line. So, I got in line for Cheetah Chase and rode it. I got off thinking: wow, this could have been the biggest waste of time ever! When I got off, Scorpion was running again, so I rode it this time. After this, I headed off to a restroom. When I exited, I was conveniently in a restaurant, so I ate there.

After lunch, I went back to SheiKra and got my first front row ride on it. Still fun. I then walked back to Kumba and rode that again. I went back to SheiKra and rode it twice. By this time, it was about 5 P.M. (I had lunch at about 2.) I rode the Skyride and got some great aerials. After getting off, I got one more ride on Montu before heading home.

Final ride count:

SheiKra: 4

Gwazi (Lion): 1

Gwazi (Tiger): 1

Very nice TR. Your final ride count was almost the same as mine when I went a couple of weeks ago.

My final count:

SheiKra: 5

Gwazi (Lion): 2

Gwazi (Tiger): 2