TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Toverland Discussion Thread

I´ve heard that the layout of this coaster has changed a little bit.Is that rumor right?

Dunno. I know the GCI guys read the forum and if they are able to say one way or the other, I'm sure they will.

--Robb

I´ve heard that the layout of this coaster has changed a little bit.Is that rumor right?

it is right, from the original layout those things have changed:

1. The crossover under the lifthill have been replace in the direction of the station (north) and so the crossover is no longer under but next to the lifthill. Under the lifthill the tracks run parallel

2. The twisty ending after the helix has been replaced with something very straight, possibly slow-down brakes

This coaster is starting to look really nice, and could be GCI's best coaster. The hills should have good airtime, and the turns will hopefully be taken at high speeds. Toverland is really adding a great ride collection, but Troy appears to be different from their other more family friendly rides.

Dunno. I know the GCI guys read the forum and if they are able to say one way or the other, I'm sure they will.

--Robb

Yes, the ride is *slightly* different toward the end.

I wasn't so happy with the previous ending, so I changed the double-down into an S-curve segment (like the one on Thunderbird at PowerPark), a hard right-hand turn with some good laterals, and a quick reversal into an undulating left-hand helix.

The brake run is now parallel to the lift instead of crossing through it.

We'll post

1443201166_NewToverlandLO.JPG.6f9342ca459e6034595376f6827c1981.JPG

New layout with cooler finale!

Mmmmmm. Looking good there. And then some, lol.

Looks like it will be nice and 'broken in,' when the TPR Scandi Tour winds it's way to the park in.... 2008?

Indeed they are going really fast at the moment and new legs are already under construction.

Next week there is a new construction tour so more pictures from onsite should be added then.

With a bit of luck the drop should be done by then so i'm looking forward to that since i'm also invited.

Troy also will get a piece of theming in front and next to it what will be displayed to us next weekend.

And GCII also needs to construct the trains soon since its only a few months away now before it opens.

It's friday again and time for another update,

They guys have started the first drop, and although they have only put up several legs, the drop is already quite steep and banking is also around 45 degrees or so.

The pic's:

06.JPG.086fe617fd779d532dc8c6074810f12b.JPG

05.JPG.542b195c01864f8abe1dba70e388b84c.JPG

04.JPG.3bedde54911d66435fc1d0d6a9016c6a.JPG

03.JPG.bc09f103f1f3187d61c3a841ad0e09fd.JPG

02.JPG.b21103de50328bd0dd48da1d68e5ad03.JPG

01.JPG.fd5610b3f225222e3ede7a46679072be.JPG