TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wizard of Oz Theme Park

Here in Niagara Falls, a local mall that's been out of business for as long as I can remember might be torn down and the land leftover (plus some surrounding vacant property) will be used to make a Wizard of Oz themed park. According to what my mom's heard, it's supposed to be something along the lines of Disney World but there's not nearly enough space for that. It would be cool if it actually goes through, because a majority of the place is planned to be indoors. But there's people that live literally right behind and surrounding this mall, so I honestly don't know what they're going to do about it; and if there's going to be a lot of noise...then I don't think they'll be takin' it too well...I still can't imagine what that place would look like though! :shock:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the same project that got shot down in Kansas as well .. same company has been looking for a place to build this place. The original plans had a nice layout and a custom B&M inverted around a mountain, rumored to be named "Flying Monkey" or something along those lines to go with the monkeys from the book/movie.

Why oompa loompas? Two very different authors and books/movies.

They could build a haunted dark ride full of evil oompa loompas!

I thought it was Willy Wonka that had the oompa loompas - Wizard of Oz had munchkins.

I can't think of many themed areas of the park. Kansas, Emerald City, and maybe the forrest? If they made Kansas in black and white would kick ass (except all the guests wearing color).

yeah, i could see it now:

A flying coaster called: Flying Monkeys of Doom!

A carousel w/colour morphing horses.

Imagine the spa they'd have.

A rocket launch called: The Broomstick of Death!

The list is endless.

I think the park could work, but only in a place that already has high traffic. Like, say, Niagara falls, Pigeon Forge, Wisc Dells would do.

I loved the WOO. If it's done right, It could be huge.

I was waaaay too young to remember much of anything about it, but I actually went to that one in NC.

Wish I could find some pictures of it, but my folks were never terribly photo-happy (though we did find a picture of me in mid-scream as I ran in terror from an oversized rodent).

Gee, every day would be Gay Day at the park, huh?

Lmao

But back to the park thing...if you lived here you'd know that there's not nearly enough space for a huge park to go there...at the MOST it would barely be the same size as Fantasy Island...plus there's already a nice big Italian restaurant that's replaced one of the stores already, so who knows?

Ha, it would've made more sense if it would've stayed in Kansas, but I guess it didn't work out.