TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Yankee Does California *2007 Edition*

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Pics!

I believe the fox in the Disney parade is J. Worthington Foulfellow, and Pinocchio refers to him as Mr. Honest John. He sings the song, "High -Diddle-Dee-Dee, An Actor's Life for me." There is usually a cat character with him named Gideon.

The Parade is nice, and the show stops make it seem bigger than it actually is.

I'll be at DL/DCA next Monday, and I can't wait. Always a good time.

Great TR Craig. It looks like you are having a great time. I am jealous that I am stuck here in Vegas working. Sorry I missed you on Friday. Too much stuff to do and so little time to do it in. Hopefully we'll be able to catch up if I work again in NY this year.

Have a safe trip home. Stay warm!

Yesterday was awesome!!

Thanks again TPR, Ride World, and anyone else that took the time to set it all up!!

Next time there is and event that I can make it to I am so going no hesitation!

By the way yesterday was my first TPR event, thanks for making it a blast!

MeScream.jpg.ccd4a4eb4bc195c0d27bc80a2588a8cc.jpg

Omg what the heck was I doing! I didn't even see you take that pic or even see Evan doing the vogue!

Thanks for the replies guys. Right now I'm at LAX waiting to go back to the north pole...otherwise known as New England....

BTW Guy, I gave Robb your pound of Dunkin Donut's Original Whole Bean Coffee. So you'll have your precious coffee in no time. And if you want more, you can order it online.

Thanks for the replies guys. Right now I'm at LAX waiting to go back to the north pole...otherwise known as New England....

BTW Guy, I gave Robb your pound of Dunkin Donut's Original Whole Bean Coffee. So you'll have your precious coffee in no time. And if you want more, you can order it online.

Thanks Craig! That's awesome!

Maybe they can finally put Scream, X, Deja Vu, and Tatsu up on the wall.

I actually wish they would have kept all of the coasters on their, even the defunct ones so it looks like a timeline, but nooo, that would be like promoting a cancelled tv show. If you look at the wall, its sort of random, theres no specific date it starts, they just sort of paint over it once a certain coaster closes...when did they start that anyways?

Darn! I so was gonna go and bring Kristen a gift (and Elissa and Robb of course!). BUT, my grandpa had to work. First missed meeting!! Looks like it was fun and the weather was prolly spectacular. I'll be sure to make the next one! Until then!

-- Devo

P.S. 400th post!! w00t!

Good news guys!!

My mom got a job!! So when she gets her first check I can develope my pics from the TPR and Ride World event last weekend!!

I will try to put some up wen I get them!!

By the way I was using a Minolta 35mm slr, which is about a $300 camerea so I hope the pics are good!!

I will keep you guys posted!!

Thanks again!

Note: Alright, TPR has been acting strange in not letting me upload any photos. So I had to use photobucket to host the photos in this update alone since I want to get this posted ASAP...

Disneyland Resort: Part II, March 12th, 2007

So I went back to Disneyland Resort as the last park on my trip before flying back home to Connecticut. I met up with Jay and Leo, then in the evening, Kyle and Jeff joined us for a couple of hours. Both parks were packed because Spring Break just started, but we were able to ride what we wanted to. We spent most of the time on the Disneyland side because that's what Jay and Leo had tickets for...but when they went back to the motel to check on their dog, I popped over to DCA and rode a few rides. I didn't get a lot in because DCA wasn't able to handle the crowds that Disneyland was able to.

Disney's apartment above the Disneyland Fire Department

Jay and Leo met up with me in the morning and we all treated ourselves to a little breakfast on main st.

A model of Sleeping Beauty's castle

The track layout for Space Mountain

This is the coolest scale model of Disneyland the day the park opened

Another shot of it

Disneyland was packed that day

It's hot and there's a film of smoke that came this way from the hills of Anaheim

Leo lights it up

While Jay and I ride Matterhorn

Shot of the park from the Matterhorn

Jay doesn't say what happened in the bathroom. His excuse was that they ran out of paper towels

Time for Autopia....Jay and Leo laughed since I called it Auto-Pia, not Au-Topia.

Jay is ready to drive

Jay and I took pictures of each other

The Disneyland Monorail went back to full circuit service last thursday, so we took a ride on the monorail

awwww, the cute couple loved their ride on the monorail

So did I

Looking out towards Space Mountain

The old People Mover track...they really need to get that back up and running..like now

Now for some shots from the monorail

Entrance plaza

A road that separates Downtown Disney and the parks

DCA entrance from the monorail

Matterhorn

If the mens room welcomes aliens...then do they have special alien urinals?

Jay loves handcuffs

Tom Sawyers island being worked on

Oooo, people working on Splash Mountain

Another shot of them working on the ride

Mark Twain's steamboat was getting worked on too

It almost got up to 90 degrees, that Miss. Jay needed to be cooled off...So Leo and I used our fast passes as fans for him

Sneak camera shot of Jay

Now I went over to DCA by myself for a bit while Jay and Leo checked up on their dog

ewww, why are there so many people in DCA

Just another shot of DCA

People getting ready to watch the parade of a million dreams

This is the crowd around 8pm coming into Disneyland from DCA

While I waited for Kyle and Jeff to get into the park, I took a picture of the mickey mouse flower arrangement

Everyone waiting for Star Tours

C-3PO is gay

And to wrap up my entire PTR....a group photo

ok...I'm done....now where's my beah

On your shot of the People Mover Track, you can see where it was retro-fitted for its VERY short run as Rocket Rods. I did manage to get on them a few times before they were permanently shut down. It was more fun if you got the lone front seat. It would be great if they could restore the People Mover back to to its former glory.

155454296_Monorailview.jpg.f9df56783107eae8532dd177a49992dd.jpg

Guiderail in the center and the outer pads for the fat tires

On your shot of the People Mover Track, you can see where it was retro-fitted for its VERY short run as Rocket Rods. I did manage to get on them a few times before they were permanently shut down. It was more fun if you got the lone front seat. It would be great if they could restore the People Mover back to to its former glory.

I heard a rumor on screamscape that they plan to restore it.

That would be great. Apparently the combined speed and weight of the Rocket Rods were causing fractures in the original People Mover track supports.

The People Mover was always a great place to just cruise around above Tomorrowland and get out of the crowds. WDW's is still going strong.