TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Toy Story Mania! (Plus Other Cool Disney News) Thread

^Yes, but you knever know what they're going to do with the whole Cars thing. It could be a lot more than racing, or it may involve both desert racing and stadium racing. I think the theming for it will be great, as they have so many good things to take out of the movie.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its the park concept that could end up in Singapore. Also, don't expect a 3rd gate in CA any time soon, at least not until DCA is considered a worthy counter part to the resort. From there, they'll probably have to go through another decade or more of negotiations to get the land they would need for a third park if they decide to go that route. Alternatively they could just plop that waterpark on the strawberry field which I think they scrapped do to the failure of DCA.

^ Yeah, the bought the farm already. Part of it has become the Buzz Lightyear parking lot, although I'm not sure what they use it for. Most of the farm is still in operation, including the fruit stand.

The theme park concept is really interesting. It looks as though it could be a new type of generic/amalgam park that they could drop into new markets. A carribean town could house Pirates/Haunted Mansion. A European port could have all of the dark ride staples. Run a train around the whole thing and you got yourself a barnd new Disney style park you can mass produce and drop all over Aisa! And maybe one more for Florida.

This looks to be based heavily on the new "Pirate town" for Hong Kong. With a new style POTC as an anchor I can see this concept doing quite well.

-Don

1308134761_Anahiemresort.JPG.0798db1fd302169437cf5ff524db915d.JPG

Here's an overview of the Anahiem resort so you can see what kind of room they have to work with.

OK, I'm being a dork, but here is a scale layout of Disneyland, DCA, Tokyo Disneyland, Disney Sea, and the farm plus the connecting Cast Member parking.

I never noticed that the cast lot is actually connected to the farm. The combined area is roughly the size of DCA plus the Grand Californian hotel and expansion room. It now seems totally feasable for a good sized park to fit there, especially if Disney is able to buy out the crappy motels along Katella. I'm looking at you Little Boy Blue, Rivera, and Lamp Lighter!

-Don

642892075_Littleboyblue.jpg.7937aab2b52812c92eb30d93fda13bd1.jpg

Little Boy Blue motel. Ugh...don't EVER stay here.

Disney_parks_comparison.JPG.0cfe212c15d62730650333c98162ba3d.JPG

Look at how much bigger TDL is compared to Disneyland. I wonder how it compares to the Magic Kingdom?

^^ well, I would think that disney would want to have those apartments complexes before they started to do anything with that land. Though the good news is that they are apartments which would mean that they wouldn't have to deal with so many people for the land.

I heard a bunch of people sayingthat toystory mania is a copy of buzz lightyear at disneyland but I don't think thats true. If you look at the picture you will see everyone is weraing glasses which must be 3-D glasses so I am wondering if midway maddness will be like spiderman at universal studios. Also for the monsters Inc ride Iread that it is basickaly a Buzz Lightyer ride where you play hide and seek with the monsters that are hiding and there is a point thing just like Buzz. Also carland looks cool but I think that disney is going to put in a pixarland because I also heard a rumor that california adventure is getting a robo coasterkind of like Knights Tournament at legoland but the disney version will be themed after the incredibles.

I really hope we will get a disney seas park because that willset us apart from all the other american parks.

Keep posting new information when you here it

CJ

I heard a bunch of people sayingthat toystory mania is a copy of buzz lightyear at disneyland beu I don't think thats true

Its not really, but what is similar is the fact that its another shooter ride based off of toy story. Personally, i think it would have been far better had it been Disney's Midway Mania and used the likes of Goofy, Mickey, Donald, ect and various other characters within the game.

It wouldn't have been Pixar, it would be the first actual "ride" type attraction that would include those characters, not to mention that those characters are probably more of a draw to the resort then what Toy Story is, but w/e, its Disney's park, if they think Pixar related attractions are the best way to go, then it must be the best way to go, right?

I posted some of this on another board, but hopefully this will clarify some of the rumors regarding that "new disney park" artwork:

I remember seeing this artwork 10 or so years ago peeking around Burbank. As far as I can recall... this was 'alternate' DisneySea artwork. I don't know if it's exactly the one I saw, but I do remember the two big lakes connecting like that, with a moved-around Portofino. There were to be show buildings UNDER those lakes. It's quite a cool idea, actually... but the drawback to the design is not having the 'vista' view that you have looking back at Portofino from Mysterious Island as in Tokyo.

Anyhow, looks to be about the same amount of space as the planned park in Long Beach (which isn't going to happen). So if this is ACTUALLY a scaled-down DisneySea, I'd guess (if anything) this would be the second park for Hong Kong. Florida is not getting another park for at least 10 years, if not 20.

I'd actually prefer they NOT try and squeeze this into the strawberry lot, since I think there would be almost no way to avoid the 'outside world' from that location. I think the most likely thing they will build there will be another huge hotel, and a super-sized water park.... which would actually compliment the Disneyland Resort really well and get the most bang for their buck.

As for the other things: yeah.... that lagoon show is "Wonderful World of Color" for DCA... "Carsland" is the concept art for the 'dueling Test Track' ride for DCA..... "Monsters Inc Hide & Go Seek" is going into Tokyo Disneyland... "Toy Story Midway Mania" (the actual current working title of the ride) is going into both MGM and DCA (and DCA's will be MUCH better).... and that pirates island place is indeed the 2nd phase of Hong Kong Disneyland. That fancy-pants 'recreation' glass type building? It's Hong Kong's 'Downtown Disney-area' proposal.

Hope this helps!

Yeah, there's a bunch of us debating the Carland versus Toy Story Mania thing now.

Is it possible that DCA would get both? We're pretty sure MGM is getting a Toy Story Mania, TDL is getting the Monsters Mania...I'd love it if DCA got Carland instead of ANOTHER version of the Mania idea but I guess time will tell!

DCA is getting both. Toy Story Mania is already in construction and is going under California Screamin where the old Fish'n'chips use to be. Carland on the other hand is rumored to be built where the boutiful farm currently is. So say good bye to the farm cause the cars are coming.

Kinda leads me to my next question...... whats gonna happen to bugs land? Im not sure if it really goes with the whole car themeing. Only time will tell. But im glad DCA is getting both cuz it needs it

Here's the official announcement of Toy Story Mania and Pirates On TSI for DLR..

Disneyland Resort Press Release

The Year of a Million Dreams Means New Fun & Adventures at Disneyland Resort

Two Classics Take New Turns, Woody and the 'Toy Story' Gang Get in the Game, & the Resort Continues to Rock

ANAHEIM, Calif., Jan. 26 -- "The Year of a Million Dreams" is bringing an array of exciting new adventures and encounters to guests at Disneyland Resort. In addition to surprise "dream-come-true" experiences -- more than 300,000 in California and Florida since "The Year of a Million Dreams" began on October 1 -- guests at Disneyland Resort in Southern California will discover a new pirate hideaway, plus amazing new attractions starring Disney*Pixar characters from Finding Nemo and, in 2008, from Toy Story. There are also newly remixed rock n' roll soundtracks added to the popular Space Mountain and California Screamin' experiences.

Extensive enhancements will bring a rousing "Pirate's Lair" to Tom Sawyer Island in Disneyland's Frontierland beginning in May. Building upon the hands-on play and exploration that have made the island a popular experience for children and adults for the past 50 years. "Pirate's Lair at Tom Sawyer Island" will take its inspiration from Tom and Huck's pirate games in the classic Mark Twain story, as well as from the renewed interest in pirates generated by the "Pirates of the Caribbean" attraction and motion pictures. The attraction's opening will coincide with the summer opening of Walt Disney Pictures' Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

Fun and interactive surprises will be encountered throughout "Pirate's Lair at Tom Sawyer Island" and will include pirate details added to Tom & Huck's Treehouse and to the traditional Smuggler's Cove, with its fun and challenging rope and barrel bridges. Among the other adventures to be found on the island will be a "Dead Man's Grotto" in the island caverns, a "Pirate's Den" on the familiar Castle Rock, and opportunities to search for buried treasure while encountering live pirates.

The "Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage" will arrive in Tomorrowland on June 11, combining another classic Disneyland attraction -- the Submarine Voyage which debuted in 1959 -- with new special effects and storytelling techniques. With the seamless integration of Audio-Animatronics characters, all new sets, and innovative imaging technology, submarine voyagers will embark on an undersea journey to observe an underwater volcano, encountering Nemo and his friends, from the Disney*Pixar film Finding Nemo, along the way.

Disney*Pixar characters will also appear in a new Disney's California Adventure attraction, scheduled to open in 2008. Construction has already begun on "Toy Story Mania!" in the Paradise Pier district of the park. It will mark the first time an attraction has been designed and built simultaneously at Disneyland Resort and at Walt Disney World, where "Toy Story Mania!" will open at the Disney-MGM Studios. The attraction will have a 2008 opening at both the California and Florida parks.

"Toy Story Mania!" will set a new standard for the interactive ride/game technology pioneered in the "Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters" attraction. Guests of all ages will don 3-D glasses and hop into fancifully decorated "Toy Story Mania!" vehicles. While riding along a colorful, midway-themed route, they will shoot at animated targets using their own "toy cannons," scoring points in a series of energetic, fun gaming sequences featuring Woody, Bo Peep and the rest of the gang from Toy Story.

With "The Year of a Million Dreams" underway, two favorite Disneyland Resort attractions are already singing a different tune. Specially remixed rock n' roll soundtracks have been added to both Space Mountain in Disneyland and California Screamin' in Disney's California Adventure. The new audio will continue "Rockin' Both Parks" through April 26.

"Rockin' Both Parks," "Pirate's Lair at Tom Sawyer Island" and "Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage" are just some of the highlights of "The Year of a Million Dreams" celebration at Disneyland Resort in Southern California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. Disney Parks are celebrating dreams coming true, making literally millions of dreams, large and small, come to life for eligible guests through the Disney Dreams Giveaway. Many money-can't-buy experiences -- from exclusive dream FASTPASSES for popular Disney attractions to around-the-world vacations or a stay in the special Mickey Mouse Penthouse at the Disneyland Hotel -- are being awarded at random to eligible guests and mail-in participants. In addition to the Disney Dreams Giveaway, guests are enjoying all new immersive entertainment experiences at the resort. At Disneyland Park, guests are meeting, playing and learning their royal ways with Disney Princesses at Disney Princess Fantasy Faire, dueling with Darth Vader at Jedi Training Academy and creating mayhem with pirates in New Orleans Square. At Disney's California Adventure park, guests young and old are bopping to the beat and joining in the fun of the High School Musical Pep Rally. The Year of a Million Dreams celebration lasts through 2007.

More information about new attractions, The Year of a Million Dreams, and vacations at Disneyland Resort is available at www.disneyland.com, by calling (866) 60-DISNEY, or by visiting local travel agents.

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win in the Disney Dreams Giveaway. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Open only to legal residents of 50 U.S., D.C., Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico & U.K. Void elsewhere and where prohibited. Giveaway runs October 1, 2006 - December 31, 2007 (mail-in entries postmarked starting September 18, 2006 & received by January 14, 2008 on a 3.5x5 postcard with complete name, address, daytime phone#, birth date and proper postage sent to PO Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126 USA). UK residents only mail to 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. Penthouse stay will be awarded most days starting December 1, 2006, will likely be awarded early in the day and will be for a stay that night. Approximate retail value of Mickey Mouse Penthouse Stay US $572. Prizes range in value from US $3.83 to US $83,701. All prize awards are subject to verification. Odds of winning on a given day depend on the number of eligible participants at a selected location or within the mail-in entry pool for the time or date (as applicable) selected. Subject to official rules at www.DisneyParks.com/rules. Sponsor: Magic Kingdom Productions, Inc., PO Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830.

For residents of Canada, a mathematical skill-testing question must be correctly answered to win any prize.

This sounds exciting, and I'm relieved that Tom Sawyer Island won't be dominated by pirates. I can't believe that the only thing WDW is getting is Toy Story Mania, I figured that they would at least get something else.

More info on F**king Mania.

New Attraction Comes to Florida and California in 2008

It's the wondrous world of Woody the Cowboy, Buzz Lightyear and Green Army Men. And coming in 2008, guests of Walt Disney World and Disneyland resorts get to ride and play inside an energy-filled toybox of fun with the debut on both coasts of "Toy Story Mania."

Celebrating the Disney-Pixar classics "Toy Story" and "Toy Story II," "Toy Story Mania" will take the interactive ride-game experience to exciting new heights. High-tech yet rooted in classic midway games of skill, "Toy Story Mania" will match the delightful characters of the films with games that best suit their very animated personalities.

Fun for the whole family, "Toy Story Mania" will immerse guests of Disney-MGM Studios and Disney's California Adventure into the "Toy Story" world as never before. Donning 3-D glasses, guests shrink to the size of a toy, and hop into fanciful ride vehicles that travel and twist along a colorful midway-themed route. Upon arriving at each game booth, they will aim for animated targets using their own special on-board "toy cannon."

As guests score points, they will be cheered on by favorite "Toy Story" friends like Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Hamm, Bo Peep and the Little Green Men. Hidden targets garner players extra points and lead to different levels of play. The energy of the characters, the competition with other riders and the hilarious, unpredictable game action make this a unique experience that families will want to try again and again.

The attraction features games that audiences of all ages and skills -- from beginner to serious gamer -- can enjoy. No matter how many times guests return to ride and play, they can be sure every ride-through will be different. Players pair up and sit side-by-side for a friendly competition that delivers an ever-changing variety of targets and surprises.